The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2017, 12:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Who's going to take over Prince Charles' Trust...the big one he started years and years ago when he was in the military. Mind blank as to the official name.

LaRae

Old 10-08-2017, 12:51 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think all of us could personally name right here and now where the Royal Foundation has definitely made a big impact just within the last month.

1. The Invictus Games. Many do not realize that the Games are under the umbrella of The Royal Foundation. We've seen how successful the games in Toronto were.

2. Just this month it has been announced that the UK is to ban the sale of ivory. This has been a huge focus of United For Wildlife which is also under the umbrella of The Royal Foundation.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...phant-poaching

Projects - Royal Foundation

Old 10-08-2017, 12:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Who's going to take over Prince Charles' Trust...the big one he started years and years ago when he was in the military. Mind blank as to the official name.

LaRae
One name comes to mind for me. The King's Trust. There isn't any real reason that I can think of that the Prince's Trust couldn't continue on with Charles as king and its patron. Eventually it could continue on into the future as The King Charles Trust with the aim of being run as his original plans for it were and kept through the years.

Once a good thing gets going like The Royal Foundation, there are always ways to keep them going and doing what the founders had in mind for it.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
I don't know if this makes sense, but do we know how the Foundation is structured per se? Like are Harry's charities listed with and coordinated with the Foundation?

And as someone very kindly mentioned upthread, when Wills takes over the Duchy of Cornwall, he will most likely have to step away from the Foundation, but then again, is the Prince's trust under the Duchy? Not sure.
Following-up from the Harry & Meghan thread...

Actually, exactly the opposite was stated. Charles' involvement in the Prince's Trust next to his involvement with the Duchy next to of fourse other duties as the Prince of Wales is a clear example that all these various aspects can be combined, so there is no need at all to bow out of the Royal Foundation. William and Harry surely thought ahead before starting this foundation and decided that they wanted to combine their work to have more impact (I assume).
Old 10-08-2017, 07:46 PM
Majesty

What makes the Foundation work so well is that a royal patron can work by him/herself on one specific project (Harry and the Invictus Games) or they can all work together on some like United For Wildlife and Heads Together.

It will be very easily done for Meghan to have her own specific area of interest at the Foundation or jump in and work with the others on some. That's why this Foundation is such a good idea. Its so flexible with many projects under one roof. The other great aspect is that some projects like United For Wildlife is a global endeavor drawing in supporting organizations from all over the world and not just the UK.

The royal patrons spearhead the projects as the main supporters but they have it set up that there's a board of trustees that do the actual governing. Individual projects (like Invictus Games) also have their own governing boards to do the daily things that need to be done and make decisions. This leaves the royals with ways that they can remain totally involved in the Foundation without being overloaded to spend a lot of time and energy with what goes on.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:03 PM
Majesty

For those asking about how the Royal Foundation works etc (Scriptgirl I think?)
they have a web site

Home - Royal Foundation

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-08-2017, 08:12 PM
Majesty

One thing I forgot to mention is that a lot of people see Harry spending time in Africa with different areas of working with the animals there as something he does as his own personal pursuits but actually, after spending so much time with conservatonalists working with these animals, Harry was named as an ambassador for United For Wildlife.

A lot of what we see them doing what seems to be their own personal pursuits actually can and does fit into a scheme or project set up by their Foundation.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Nobility

It can easily be the other way around of course; it might start out as a personal endeavour but ending up being added to the Royal Foundation if it turns into mlre long term involvement.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:27 PM
Majesty

That's the beauty of The Royal Foundation. Its so versatile. It can be individualized or it can be teamwork. It can be specific to a location or it can be global. It can be a concentrated effort on one aspect or it can include many aspects and organizations working in tandem.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:01 PM
Nobility

There are no fewer than five charities currently active in the UK that focus on both the performing arts and mental health and I'm sure there are others that my 30 second google search didn't pick up.

Some, like Theatre Nemo, Stepping Out Theatre use performing arts as a tool to examine and engage with mental health. Others, like artsminds and music support focus on supporting the mental health of working artists. Finally, Cool Tan Arts "enhances mental wellbeing through the power of creativity" and has a very wide remit in terms of the activities they use to enhance mental health.

There's plenty of scope there for working within the existing focus of the Foundation, should Meghan marry Harry and want to bring her domain knowledge in theatre/television into the Foundation's context.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:59 AM
Majesty

Prince Harry speaks at an event on mental health, at the Ministry of Defence in central London, on October 9

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaBZZvTg...ensingtonroyal
Belga Image
Old 10-09-2017, 09:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Royal Foundation Partners with the Ministry of Defense-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...t-mod?type=raw

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One name comes to mind for me. The King's Trust. There isn't any real reason that I can think of that the Prince's Trust couldn't continue on with Charles as king and its patron. Eventually it could continue on into the future as The King Charles Trust with the aim of being run as his original plans for it were and kept through the years.

Once a good thing gets going like The Royal Foundation, there are always ways to keep them going and doing what the founders had in mind for it.
It's the one that deals with helping the youth get jobs..job training etc. PoW Trust maybe? Seems like I recall Charles commenting on a video not long ago (within the last year) about no one ready to take it over as they are involved with other charitable works.

LaRae
Old 10-09-2017, 01:25 PM
Majesty

What seems to have been forgotten is that The Princes Trust uses the considerable funds from the Duchy of Cornwall to support thevast range of charitable causes is supports.

Charles will not have access to that as King. The income from the Duchy of Lancaster is less and much of it is currently used to support members of BRF in carrying out their duties, plus subsidising Balmoral which runs at a loss every year.

I could see a “Royal Foundation” with the Princes Trust and Duke of ?? (Harry) Trust running under a joint umbrella.

What I’m not sure about is Charles’ direct involvement. The Queen is patron of Charities but no direct involvement. This way she has avoided any controversy. Charitable causes always seem to have a political aspect now so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

Charles will not have access to that as King. The income from the Duchy of Lancaster is less and much of it is currently used to support members of BRF in carrying out their duties, plus subsidising Balmoral which runs at a loss every year.
Why is the Duchy of Lancaster less than the Duchy of Cornwall? It seems like it ought to be reversed since the Sovereign has much more to pay for financially.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:37 PM
Majesty

The duchys are funded through investment, land and property purchase etc. There are different people managing them.

HMQ has been spending the “cash” supporting her wider family therefore there has been less to invest.

This is not the money given to HMQ by the Government to run the business of the monarchy

Old 10-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
What seems to have been forgotten is that The Princes Trust uses the considerable funds from the Duchy of Cornwall to support thevast range of charitable causes is supports.

I could see a “Royal Foundation” with the Princes Trust and Duke of ?? (Harry) Trust running under a joint umbrella.

What I’m not sure about is Charles’ direct involvement. The Queen is patron of Charities but no direct involvement. This way she has avoided any controversy. Charitable causes always seem to have a political aspect now so it will be interesting to see what happens.
I know I read something relatively recently about Charles working with the Trust to set things up so they continue to run without him being so involved on a regular basis as his workload for the Queen was increasing, but I can't find the article. I'll keep looking and post it when I find it again. It did sound like Charles does have direct involvement but realized he needs to step back.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry attending their Charities Forum-
https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyalRepo...83004927008768

Duchess of Cambridge displays a hint of a baby bump | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-16-2017, 08:50 AM
Majesty

Galleries

Belga Image

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed..._event,_london
Old 10-16-2017, 09:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Catherine have a dance with Paddington The Bear-