The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 03:32 PM
Majesty

I remember by mother who grew up In England asking my sons if they still sang “negro sprituals” in school

‘Racist’ chimed my junior thought police.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
As a black female who adores history tend to give certain people from certain backgrounds "passes". For example I have heard that the Queen Mother had racist ideas and said some racist things; for me being born in 1900 is her get out of jail free card.
I admit I would love to know how the members of the RF feel about a biracial person marrying into their family but I doubt we will ever know for sure. People will point to public gatherings and smiles to Champion the notion that they fully accept it but considering the ages of some members I just can't help but to wonder. PLEASE do not take my thoughts as in anyway trying to be negative to the RF it is just wondering on my part.
Your thoughts aren’t negative XeniaCasaraghi—I’ve wondered about the same thing and agree, we’ll never know. I’ve often thought the Queen Mother racist and also wonder what she thought of the 60s and civil rights.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
No one is dismissing it.

But there is a difference between poor taste and being outright racist. There is no evidence that PMK is a racist who wore the brooch as a rude in your face comment towards Meghan. Which is what it is being portrayed as. That she wore it as a slap in the face to the new mixed race member of the family.

The reality is that when those jewels were made, it was a different mindset. It was not meant as a racist comment. People bought them, like you buy a fake Chinese vase, as a way of embracing a foreign culture. Fortunately we have moved on, and as a society we can see why this is not correct. But for the older generation, not saying it is right because I am not, it might not occur to them wearing such a piece is insulting to anyone.

There is also a level that it is being pushed to which seems unneccary. In an attempt to be 'inclusive' things have gone far. Its not acceptable for Caucasian children to dress up as Moana, Mulan or Pochahontas for Halloween, even if their favorite character. But it is acceptable for an African American child to dress up as Elsa, Cinderella, Belle and other Caucasian characters. There is this move to remake movies with African American actors, like making Idris the new James bond. But if one suggested that we take a typically African character and make them Caucasian, that would be racist. There does need to be a balance here.
Actually, no. You've presented a false equivalence. The issue here is not only one of representation (and that is certainly not an issue for white people) but also, that race/culture is, more often than not, an important part of the identity of people of color. "Whiteness", on the other hand, is almost always seen as universal, as representation for any/all peoples...in other words, not a definitive or vital trait. Now, I think we're veering off topic here, even for this thread, but I think it's important to note that the supposed lack of balance is due to centuries of racism and racial imbalance. And that can't be remedied simply by advocating for balance.

As for Princess Michael, her choice in jewelry was, at the very least, racially sensitive. She isn't deserving of a pass and should have known better. As an adult, it's her responsibility to know better, to educate herself, to learn from the past. As it stands, she learned the hard way. Lets just hope she truly has learned from this unfortunate situation.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:45 AM
Courtier

Gary Lewis is Maori and has been married into the extended family for some time now. So far the walls of Buckingham Palace have not caved in and the monarchy still stands. He has been invited to Buckingham Palace receptions when the Queen has entertained the All Blacks. The Kiwis on here can correct me but I always understood Maori to be people of colour. If my understanding is correct, Megan will not be the the first person of colour to marry into the British Royal Family although she will be the first African American.

Although people will point out there is a distinction between the importance of the daughter of the Duke of Gloucester and the son of the Prince of Wales, Harry is only slightly more likely to become monarch than Davina, especially now that Kate and William are expecting their third.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
As a black female who adores history tend to give certain people from certain backgrounds "passes". For example I have heard that the Queen Mother had racist ideas and said some racist things; for me being born in 1900 is her get out of jail free card.
I admit I would love to know how the members of the RF feel about a biracial person marrying into their family but I doubt we will ever know for sure. People will point to public gatherings and smiles to Champion the notion that they fully accept it but considering the ages of some members I just can't help but to wonder. PLEASE do not take my thoughts as in anyway trying to be negative to the RF it is just wondering on my part.
Yes, the QM was a woman of her age. My father told me how his mother was panicked when she heard the Maori Battalion was returning home after WWII and was sure "we were all going to be murdered in our beds". But seriously, Meghan will not be the first bi-racial, bi-cultural person to marry into the extended BRF. The Lady Davina Windsor, daughter of HM 's cousin HRH Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester married Gary Lewis, a builder and sheep shearer who is part Maori.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:37 PM
Majesty

Things are starting to really get ugly

Quote:
Scandal-hit Ukip leader Henry Bolton was plunged into a fresh crisis last night after it was revealed that his glamour model girlfriend made racist remarks about Meghan Markle.

Mr Bolton, 54, was already facing calls for his resignation after he left his wife for 25-year-old Jo Marney.

Now The Mail on Sunday can reveal shocking messages in which Ms Marney says that Prince Harry’s ‘black American’ fiancee will ‘taint’ the Royal Family with ‘her seed’ and pave the way for a ‘black king’.

Ms Marney also says that she would never have sex with ‘a negro’ because they are ‘ugly’.
Ukip leader's girlfriend's racist Meghan Markle messages | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-13-2018, 05:52 PM
Courtier

Starting to get ugly???? Things were ugly when the relationship was revealed in 2016!!!!!
Old 01-13-2018, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Ugly for whom? Jo Marney? Yes it has.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:24 PM
Royal Highness

I ‘’love’’ how people are shocked that a UKIP leader would have a racist girlfriend. The whole party is based on racist tenets.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Things are starting to really get ugly

That article is not even worthy of lining a bird cage. Stuff like that shouldn't be "news" or repeated anywhere. It serves absolutely no purpose but as click bait.

Another black mark for the Daily Fail.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-13-2018, 07:31 PM
Courtier

It makes no sense at all to say something like that where every one can find out about it. What is the upside?
Old 01-13-2018, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
It makes no sense at all to say something like that where every one can find out about it. What is the upside?
It’s not about upside. It’s her being her true self.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:25 PM
Majesty

Unfortunately some people open their mouths without thinking. Celebrities certainly aren't short on putting their foot in their mouth at times. But when you are well known, and political, even your texts wont remain private long it seems. The last thing her and Bolton need right now.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:38 PM
Courtier

I read the article and the "apology" is self serving. She is only sorry she was exposed. After all Meghan and Harry have been through they are not going to concern themselves over a mistress turned girlfriend already embroiled in a scandal (with the married lover turned boyfriend).
Old 01-13-2018, 08:58 PM
Serene Highness

A racist being a racist. She not sorry for what she said. She meant every word. She only sorry she was exposed.

This just the beginning. People really in their feels about Meghan and despite the denials the root of a lot of it is pretty obvious.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:01 PM
Majesty

Totally agree, racists are never apologetic for their thoughts. She is simply sorry she got caught.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
A racist being a racist. She not sorry for what she said. She meant every word. She only sorry she was exposed.

This just the beginning. People really in their feels about Meghan and despite the denials the root of a lot of it is pretty obvious.
I thought it was interesting how her apology made no mention of the woman she actually used this language towards. Not that Meghan would need her apology, but it does shine quite a light on her sincerety, doesn’t it?
Old 01-13-2018, 09:18 PM
Serene Highness

Anyways I wonder how many more people will be exposed by May.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Whist [undeniably] there will be a tiny minority in the UK whose views accord with those held by this ghastly Woman, the reality is UKIP, since winning its CORE argument [Brexit] has been aimlessly casting round for a raison d'être, its membership has been in freefall, and EVEN at the height of its influence was unable to 'break through' in terms of Parliamentary seats,[unlike the similar far right parties in Germany, Austria, the Netherlands and Finland].
They have NO 'Public purchase' here, and this will not buy them any.

Of more concern to me is that these views were contained in text messages [essentially PRIVATE communications betwixt two people]. They were NOT posted on Facebook, Twitter, Fora or other Social media. It is monstrous that the Fail has chosen to make them Public, and thus 'give air time' to a racist whose views are typical of only an
infinitesimal number of people.
TYPICALLY they seek to make mischief where none exists. People here are delighted for the engaged couple, and their Public appearances since the announcement are PROOF of it.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:03 AM
Courtier

Well this woman is getting some karma for her vile remarks. Suspension from UKIP is not enough; there are calls for her expulsion and her boyfriend to resign. Some what of an Edward VIII situation, your woman or the crown ( this case party leadership). It also shows that people will sell you out to the tabloids for the right price whether you are family or friend.

Closed Thread