State Visit from The King and Queen of The Netherlands: October 23-24, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think what we're missing from the Guildhall banquet is being made up for tonight.

Judging by the 'carat power' so far displayed by the Duchesses of Cambridge, Gloucester and Princess Michael, it looks to me if HMQ has sent out a 'no holds barred' memo for the magnificence of the jewels being worn this evening ?

Or, everybody just knows Max. :lol:

Simular photo by Justine Marcella, with Mabel in the background wearing a tiara with some prongs, the emerald one perhaps, considering her dress is green?

I never thought the tiara would actually look good, but it does. Wonderful to see it and I am looking forward to some clips.

Last edited:
That's some serious bling ! WOW !
Nice to see C&C included in the group photo.

The smaller version from the Luxembourg visit was a bit more beautiful, imo. But she does make the big one work as well! That hairstyle is carefully thought through to accommodate the tiara. And the stomacher looks smashing as well.

In the group pic we can spiot Pricness mabel in the blue/green gown. But whoch tiara is she wearing?

Camilla having no dutch order, Catherine will not having received one, either. Well, Beatrix might have decided differently... Yet, her husband was given a british order. That made it perhaps possible for her to give out dutch orders to british Princesses as well...?!

Its nice to see Princess Mabel at a tiara event,now if I just figure out which one she is wearing.

Its nice to see Princess Mabel at a tiara event,now if I just figure out which one she is wearing.
The shape reminds of the small sapphire tiara, but she's too blurry in the back to make out any blue stones. But I adore her colourful gown!

Catherine is wearing the RFO. That was about time.

The diadem is much better without the top guns, but of course Schürmann had to create something for the whoppers and beauty was not the first requirement. It is amazing that Queen Máxima did dare to wear an almost Russian Court-like diadem in 2018.

re Catherine's RFO - Thank god we can put that ongoing debate to rest!!

I was a bit surprised to see Mabel to close to the top in the procession, behind Charles but ahead of Camilla and Catherine but I guess as a guest she is given a place before them.

Wonderful for Catherine! She looks beautiful tonight. Especially with Queen Alexandra's necklace.

I wonder if the order has ivory.

re Catherine's RFO - Thank god we can put that ongoing debate to rest!!

I was a bit surprised to see Mabel to close to the top in the procession, behind Charles but ahead of Camilla and Catherine but I guess as a guest she is given a place before them.

:lol: Now I can die in peace...?

Princess Mabel is on the arm of The Archbishop of Canterbury

Back
Top Bottom