Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure of the age limit, but I remember Zara coming to Ascot when she was about 12 or so. And knowing what we know now of her....she probably came for the horses:whistling:

So we have a ways to go with Louise.

Hopefully Louise will make an appearance in her later teens as it has been said she also loves horses.
An enthusiastic Sophie cheering her horse on = here
Credit @ Here

Last edited by a moderator:
So far so good for the first day. I think all the ladies looked lovely. Beatrice blew me out of the water. The structure on the coat fitted her beautifully, and her hat was simple and elegant.

IMO, Camilla should have waited to wear that outfit, so as not to tie to close to the wedding.

Anne looked lovely.

I LOVE Sophie's color choice! And the way her hair is styled to complement her saucer hat!

Another gallery W.E.N.N. Shows some lovely ones of the family in the balcony.

Well, at least the two York girls haven't disgraced themselves in the fashion stakes... but I'm disappointed with Sophie...

Sophie,Countess of Wessex cheering

pic1

pic2
pic3
pic4
more in this link , just wrote Royal Ascot 2011 in search panel :)

Last edited:
I love how the Royal family all greet one another with kisses on each cheek.

Thanks MagMil for the link to more images.

Looking at the W.E.N.N. pictures of the family in the royal box, I think the Queen needs a higher chair. You can just see her hat over the railing.

Just back from Day 1 of Ascot: there is an age limit of 16 in the Royal Enclosure during the week, although on Fridays and Saturdays [after school ends for the week] children aged 10-16 can be admitted with their parents / godparents etc. Zara's appearance as a youngster caused controversy because she was too young [from memory it was to deflect attention from some difficulty or other - enagement of the Princess Royal or something.

I have the honour to be in the Royal Enclosure all week - I have a blue badge like Sophie is wearing [see above photo]; it is a little more elaborate than usual because of Ascot's 300 year anniversary.

Camilla's outfit - beautifully made and all that but ladies who understand fashion said that it was cut in such a way that it made her derrriere look larger than it was:

Queen peering over rail: very perceptive observation; when Ascot Racecourse was remodelled in 2005 HUGE design errors were made - the Queen literally could not see over the rail of the newly-remodelled Royal Box and complained like anything after the first race in 2006. Since then, a bit of tweaking has gone on, but there are still huge problems with visibility, including the Queen's line of sight. Brigadier Erskine Crum, who led the 'remodelling' quickly left his job...................!

Must go and get some sleep now;

Alex

I am jealous of your ability to enter the Royal Enclosure! I hope you have a lovely time all week. Thanks for your thoughts on the day. :)

I would love to have overheard the conversation between Charles, Camilla, and the York sisters. Were the ladies discussing Philip Treacy hats? Did Charles have music suggestions for the girls? Or maybe they had music suggestions for him?

On another note, it seems like Andrew has really been embraced by the family despite some of the more unflattering headlines. At Trooping the Colour, he was in the same carriage as Camilla and Kate. Today, he got to ride with the Queen and Philip. It doesn't appear that leading members of the family are trying to keep their distance in public.

It's so lovely to see Christopher Rhys-Jones, Sophie's father, in the Royal procession. He is present in the carriage quite a lot. I do hope we see Catherine's family in the procession in the future.

The Queen wearing a bright pink hat today. She looks delightful.

Who else are attending today? Catherine too?

She may very well appear later, but she is not in the Royal procession. The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Princess Alexandra and Duke of Gloucester (I THINK) only Royal family members in the carriages.

It's so lovely to see Christopher Rhys-Jones, Sophie's father, in the Royal procession. He is present in the carriage quite a lot. I do hope we see Catherine's family in the procession in the future.

The Queen wearing a bright pink hat today. She looks delightful.

Do we have some pictures of day 2?

I am glad Sophie has her hair up again. Good choice, Soph! She is wearing what looks to be a dead peacock. I love the Queen's icecream whip hat! :D

l love QE2's hat! so pretty. It looks like a frothy confection.

Last edited:
Princess Royal is wearing some mustard ensemble...She just appeared on the TV.

Wow, somebody placed a bet of £90,000... who has this money just lying around in their bank?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom