Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eye of the beholder I am afraid.

In order I thought the following:

Anne's - I liked it as it matches and suits the occasion
Sophie - again I like it
Camilla - don't know if it is the outfit itself or just an awful photo - but the hat is over the top for the outfit
P Michael - I don't like it - particularly for the races - too 'busy' in my opinion
Haya - rather unflattering showing bulges in places no woman I know would like to have the bulges showing

Last edited by a moderator:
It is in the eye of the beholder, isn't it!:)

I liked Camilla's hat and the dress when I saw the head and upper body shots, but the dress doesn't look very flattering in the shot of her walking.

I think Sophie looks quite stunning. I like that hat arrangement on her. Makes a pleasing difference from the squashed birds, cabbages and plates of the past. I think the dress and jacket are very smart, and the cream dress is balanced by the black shoes which link the black from the upper body. Very smart, IMO.

HM looked very nice, I thought.

Anne....................well it's Anne, isn't it! I didn't mind the burnt orange hat and jacket till I saw the whole person shot. I don't like the dress, but maybe I'm being harsh. I need sunglasses on a bright day and I see no problem with her wearing them, but perhaps she would look nicer with a designer pair, not just the sort you pick up at the petrol station.

Beatrice :nonono:. She really needs to consult a stylist and pay attention to what they say.

Princess Michael looked very smart and classy I think. She and Prince Michael made a fine looking pair.

Thanks very much, everyone who posted pics.:flowers:

Well, for my opinion... the Queen was the winner of the style parade. She's one of the rare ladies who looks tremendous in yellow. I really liked the pleating detail of her hat.

Beatrice needs to wear longer skirts. The hat was a miss.

Camilla's hat was odd with its asymmetrical brim, and the decolletage of the dress was not flattering. She's had too much sun over the years.

Sophie looked like she was wearing a convict's uniform and the hat was just odd. (Her ensemble reminds me of a navy and white/cream striped outfit Diana wore about 20 years ago-- at the time she and Fergie were poking people in the bums with their umbrellas!)

Princess Haya's dress was lovely, but the back of the hat fit strangely.

Princess Anne. Where did this hat come from?? Wasn't impressed with the total package but the color is good on her, IMO.

Have you seen the photo of Anne and The Queen side by side - there outfits are very similar - just different colours as Anne is in tangerine and the Queen in a yellow. I think they both look great in that sort of outfit - all summery and classic.

Would be disappointed with Princess Michael wearing such an old outfit again if I thought that she wasn't going to appear at Ascot again this year but I think she will. The Prince and Princess ride in the carraige procession every year so I think this may have just been an "extra" day at the races for them. I certainly hope so!

HM
Getty Images - Navigateur non pris en charge

The Queen is the Queen : more than a style : a statement.

The DOC

Well at least it's a different choice from the usual Anna Valentine's outfits. But there is a well known and recurrent problem here: it's ill fitted. The hat is a new shape for her and looks good.

THE PR

More than a style: a tradition.
The tablecloth dress ( from the mid 80's ?) is just hillaring. The hat is not as bad (for Anne) and the orange color is attractive though.

THE "COW"

Jacket from Alcatraz and hat from a widow of "the young and the restless".

Pcess Bea

This "crepe suzette" hat makes me hungry

I have to agree with most of the posters. I don't think the Vivenne Westwood/Camilla collaboration is working. The first time Camilla wore the Blue ball gown, the top was ill-fitting. This time the top of this dress and the jacket look too big. If she lost weight from the time it was made-why wasn't it tailored( that really doesnt cost a lot of money). The hat on the other hand was stunning and perfect for the occassion.
As for Princess Anne-that orange color only works well on some darker skinned women. She is too pale to pull that color off.

I don't think the PR's jacket was so awful, but I hadn't seen the skirt until just now. Yeah, I think it was a fashion don't, also... I find her taste in fashion and beauty so frustrating, she could look as good as Princess Michael, easily.

Wow...not a great fashion day.

The Queen looked okay not her best IMO.

Princess Royal -loved the hat and the jacket. The color was very Un Princess Royal like. I know this goes against her grain...but the Princess Royal has a great figure and if she just put a little effort in her clothes it would be so nice. There is no reason why she can't recycle her old clothes and look great. Take some of the clothes in.
The dress would have been better if it was cream. She is mixing and matching and not doing too great.

Countess of Wessex - didn't like it at all. It made her look heavy IMO.

Duchess of Cornwall - liked the hat and the dress coat.Didn't like the dress.

Princess Beatrice - I agree with the comments. I am going to give her a pass for two more years TOPS. I think she is at the point where she is wearing fashionable items and not what works well for her body type. Another example of mix and match. One day she will have a revelation or a good friend (one would hope) who would say...you know...you should wear more bright colours, tailored dresses (just an example) they look great on you! Not everyone is born a fashion diva. But I don't think we will get much here.

Princess Michael - looks FANTASTIC. Say what you want abot the women's spending, personality, etc. She looks great and very PRINCESS LIKE!

Is every one mixing and matching what's in their closet?

I just hope Lady Gabriella comes tomorrow and the Duchess of Gloucester...hopefully they will redeem the royal ladies.

Last edited:
Princess Michael is the royal fashion stakes winner for Day 1

My thoughts on Day 1:

> HM looked as elegant as ever
> Camilla looked lovely in the hat and coat - not too sure about the dress on its own
> Sophie looked lovely, the style was very up-to-date, and the resultant look was very smart!
> Beatrice and Anne looked terrible, as usual!

I don't like Princess Michaels outfit looks awful. Very baggy.
I really realy liked Sophie's outfit, suited her I think. She was the best for me.
The Queen, was very classical as always.
Camilla's hat was the best part of her outfit I think. :flowers:

I liked the color on the Duchess of Cornwall..but again..the top part did not fit too well. I did like her hat. I wish Zara had been there...she is usually suck a knock out...and her outfits are always fun to see.

Last edited:
Much better look for Camilla on Day2. She looks good in pink. Great hat. And her clothes fit this time. The Queen looked very colorful and nice.

Uuh, I'm impressed for the first time by Camilla! Doesn't that look great? She and Prince Charles walking looks good! And I like her necklace and the colour of her outfit. But I'm not sure about a pink Queen and Lady Helen Taylors dress... Anne - well, well, its Anne (as many said yesterday here) ;) She reminds me more and more on her aunt Princess Mary, the Princess Royal, cause she wore also such odd hats in her age...

I believe it's Lady Helen Taylor, it says on her badge aswell. :flowers:
Her outfit is beautiful and summery, like the hat.
Her Majesty elegant and classic aswell, the colour compliments her. The Duchess of Cornwall looks very neutral and calm, the hat is beautiful.
Anne's outfit is recycled and rather dowdy, yesterdays was better. :)

Her Majesty's ensemble is nicely fitted. Bright colour brought out her complexion.
I love Lady Helen Taylor's look, especially the hat.
Duchess of Cornwall's outfit is a definite improvement from the ill-fitted ensemble she chose to wear yesterday. However the coat is not properly fitted again. A icy pink colour becomes Duchess of Cornwall reasonably well. I am really impressed by the hats she has been wearing.
Princess Alexandra looks very regal. When I look at Princess Alexandra, "what is bred in the bone will come out in the flesh" springs to my mind. I wish we can have a photo of the whole ensemble.
Princess Anne's yellow-blue ensemble is just boring.

Really great to see Princess Alexandra! I really hope of a better view. Looking forward to the pictures, which are coming :flowers:

Now, this was certainly a better day for Royal ladies!

Her Majesty looked splendid; I love her hat and the colour certainly suits her.
Camilla looked beautiful as well; another Royal, who looks marvellous in pink. Her hat was very interesting and wouldn't look out of place at the Chelsea Flower Show. The only thing I didn't like about her outfit were her gloves; they looked not unlike the M&S ones I have.
I almost miss Princess Anne's yesterday's outfit; at least it was interesting. This one looks just plain and cheap.
Both Princess Alexandra and the Duchess of Gloucester looked very elegant - true Royals from hat to shoes.
Lady Helen Taylor looked radiant, although she could have chosen a more interesting piece.
Princess Haya looked quite nice, much better than yesterday
It was nice to see Tim Taylor, I haven't seen him for quite a while.

Great to see Lady Helen in the carriage as it must be one of the first time it had happened

Camilla again in Vivenne Westwood looked much better

The Queen's outfit by Stuart Parvin and hat by Rachel Trevor Morgan was a repeat from her Turkery trip May 2008

Sophie's dad was in the 4th carriage today again

HM

Lovely of course! Just a little bit "Barbie Queen" perhaps ?

The DOC

Hurray it's fitted! Great color, great hat, great jewels, Bravo!

The PR

Another vintage outfit from the closet. Looks like an hostess from the "Love Boat".

DOG and pcss Alexandra

http://i40.tinypic.com/kef4o7.jpg

Epitome of class and elegance as usual. Pcss Alexandra reminds me so much her regal mother pcess Marina.

Lady Helen T

So glad to see her. Beautiful and classy. I'm not a big fan of the UFO Shape of the hat but it suits her.

Great to see Lady Helen in the carriage as it must be one of the first time it had happened

Camilla again in Vivenne Westwood looked much better

The Queen's outfit by Stuart Parvin and hat by Rachel Trevor Morgan was a repeat from her Turkery trip May 2008

Sophie's dad was in the 4th carriage today again

I must agree! Lovely to see Lady Helen in the carriage and I think it's lovely Mr. Rhys-Jones is getting the "royal" treatment!

Royal Ascot 2009 - Day 2 - Pictures - Zimbio

Lady Helen Windsor looks fabulous. HOnestly the Kent family really know how to get it right don't they - every single one of them is fabulous. Princess Marina got things off to a very good start back in the day I think!

Yes, I think since Prince George and Princess Marina they always were the glamour-part of the royal family... I hope, The Michael-Kents (hopefully their children too) and Princess Alexandra will be seen again this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom