Chelsea Flower Show 1: 2005-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im dissapointed at Camilla's apperance, she didnt looke to goo dnor too happy to be there. I thought this event required a hat, seem's not. Queen looked great as usuall its nice to see her out and about with no hat. I dont really visit the British royal family thread so im not familiar with things. Thanks for all the pictures...

dazzling said:
Im dissapointed at Camilla's apperance, she didnt looke to goo dnor too happy to be there. I thought this event required a hat, seem's not. ...
As far as i know, this event when the Royal Family arrive to view the exhibition, normally it's private, only a day before it's opening. And when they arrive, normally in the evening, so hats are not supposed to be worn in the evening.

Pics 19.5.2008

Chelsea Flower Show 2008
~ ¤ ~

Queen Elizabeth and Countess Sophie Wessex at the
Chelsea Flower Show 2008 at the Royal Hospital, London,
Britain - 19 May 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

The Duke of Edinburgh went on a separate tour. Other royals who
visited were the Earl of Wessex, Princess Anne, the Queen's cousin
Princess Alexandra, Princess Michael and the Duke of Kent and the
Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sophie at Chelsea Flower Show

sophie wore the same skirt as princess Mary in Geneve.

I was going to say the same anneke "shopie wore the same skirt as princess Mary in Geneve".

Thanks a lot for the additional link, giov! All the royal
ladies looked great in my eyes! And anneke, great
observation - it's really rare to see two royal ladies
wearing the same dresses, skirts or so on..:)

Here are two more pics from yesterday with members
of the royal family that have not been included in the
gallery yet:

The Duchess and the Duke of Gloucester
Princess Alexandra of Kent

Sophie looks wonderful, and I love the black jacket with that beautiful skirt!:flowers:

Lady Helen at the Chelsea Flower Show. These are the only photos I can find.

She has had a fringe cut into her hair, it looks nice, though hard to tell on the small pic.

Rex Features

There are photos of Princess Michael and Princess Anne at the CFS this year in Rex Features as well if someone could post these as I don't have an account.

Chelsea Flower Show 2009
~ ¤ ~

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles
after the prince was presented with the Royal Horticultural Society's Victoria Medal of Honour
during a visit to Chelsea Flower Show in London, Monday, May 18, 2009.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife

Prince Charles, and Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, smell the 'Highgrove' roses.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife

I'm a great fan of organics, but does anybody know if organic roses smell better?

Bad turn out of Chelsea this year :(

The pics of the Queen and Charles are very nice, thanks giov :)

What exactly is it that you dislike about this year's flower show, Claire?

Here are some additional pics from yesterday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** IBL gallery **

Bad turn out of Chelsea this year :(
I believe the Wessexes, Princess Anne, the Gloucesters and Kents were there, Claire, according to the Monarchy web and articles. But i think just due to press coverage was not that focus on junior Royals.

what does this chunky golden ring in charles' hand signify? it cannot be his wedding ring.

what does this chunky golden ring in charles' hand signify? it cannot be his wedding ring.

it is his signet ring with the POW feathers - he wears his wedding ring behind it
allot of the members of the royal family have done that - andrew, edward

I believe the Wessexes, Princess Anne, the Gloucesters and Kents were there, Claire, according to the Monarchy web and articles. But i think just due to press coverage was not that focus on junior Royals.

So far I was only able to find two pics of Sophie and Edward
who attended as well yesterday, and pic 3 is a very rare
pic of Camilla and Prince Philip, I can't remember having seen
them that close before, quite nice:

** Edward ** Sophie ** Camilla and Prince Philip **

As far as i know, this event when the Royal Family arrive to view the exhibition, normally it's private, only a day before it's opening. And when they arrive, normally in the evening, so hats are not supposed to be worn in the evening.

I also think that this event needs a hat, it seems not the case.
I see. Thanks to that.
Thanks for all the pictures.

Great photos. I am surprised Camilla and Prince Philip are so friendly

I love that photo of Camilla and Prince Philip. I can't help thinking he might have been up to mischief of some sort and she's caught him. :lol:

Did the Queen attend the Chelsea Flower Show?

I would love to be able to attend the Chelsea flower show I envy you lucky people who have seen it at least once in your lives.

Back
Top Bottom