British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting discussion on Richard Palmer (Daily Express Royal Reporter) twitter site which links HMQs current illness with Williams decision (which we still on) to stay in RAF or go full time royal duties. Interesting that some people think its one or the other, ie the current compromise situation doesnt work. There is a comment put forward that William would want to be a hands-on Dad and this cant happen if he stays in the RAF (aren't there any fathers in the RAF? - dont worry, I know te answer!). Also that Catherine now seems based in London so that is a sign he's giving it up.

I suspect I'm posting this in the wrong place, but Im at a stage where I am easily confused. So apologies if Ive made a mistake.

But I found it interesting that HMQ's health raised such a lively discussion.

Kate might be based in London at the moment to be near her doctors.

As I recall, this discussion came up when the D of E was hospitalized two, or was it three times, last year.

I don't like how the Daily Mail is making out this is a break when it's not it's a wedding. :bang:

I don't like how the Daily Mail is making out this is a break when it's not it's a wedding. :bang:

And on a weekend! They are entitled to a few weekends off without calling it a vacation. and other than their transportation getting there, it appears as if the entire tab is picked up by the brides family. And everyone in the RF party is back at work on Monday.

Well Harry has a girlfriend and he is certainly popular...so he didn't bring her because he just prefers to be alone...

Well Harry has a girlfriend and he is certainly popular...so he didn't bring her because he just prefers to be alone...

We don't know that Henry and Cressida are official, and who did he bring where?

We don't know that Henry and Cressida are official, and who did he bring where?

Interesting that he kissed a girl in the snow in one of the pictures at the DM article but they didn't find out who she was nor did it stop them from refering to Cressida as his new girlfriend....

:previous: ah ah I noticed that too.

Also, we don't know why Cressida was not there. Maybe she was busy preparing her sister's wedding (the family flew to Africa already) and couldn't be there and he was sad not to have her there. Or maybe they are not serious or in a relationship at all and Harry is still searching for a girl.

EDIT: As have been reported before the return to the UK was on Sunday

Charlotte Pilkington ‏@Charlie_Pilks
As if my neighbour met Prince William last night #unfair #flightfromzurich

Again, only a tweet about William. Does Kate flight in another plane?

EDIT2: Kataryn, you asked for it, the papers started a new drama http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/301796/

Last edited:

Also, we don't know why Cressida was not there. Maybe she was busy preparing her sister's wedding (the family flew to Africa already) and couldn't be there and he was sad not to have her there. Or maybe they are not serious or in a relationship at all and Harry is still searching for a girl.

EDIT2: Kataryn, you asked for it, the papers started a new drama http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/301796/

Wait, what are we talking about? I got lost in the conversation somewhere. I didn't think it was a big deal because if you look at the rest of the picture William is hugging people too so it just looks like they were talking or hugging friends. I'm confused? What are you guys referring to?

:previous: I can only speak for myself but yeah I was joking. I mean, obviously there is nothing going on there except that BOTH William and Harry are hugging some friends. When Kataryn and I made our posts the article from dailystar was not published yet. I was just noticing the fact that everytime Harry is seen hugging some woman or even staying by her side, she has always been reported as his new girlfriend. Even with Cressida, media has been writing many thing for the last couple of months but we only got an hug. We've all concluded they are dating (Harry and Cressida) but we've only seen an HUG, really.
And now, Harry is hugging a woman and nothing? It's a bit contradictory, isn't it? How sometimes an hug can lead us to conclusions and other times it doesn't? That's all I meant.

Ironically, after writing my post I found the dailystar article

:previous: I can only speak for myself but yeah I was joking. I mean, obviously there is nothing going on there except that BOTH William and Harry are hugging some friends. When Kataryn and I made our posts the article from dailystar was not published yet. I was just noticing the fact that everytime Harry is seen hugging some woman or even staying by her side, she has always been reported as his new girlfriend. Even with Cressida, media has been writing many thing for the last couple of months but we only got an hug. We've all concluded they are dating (Harry and Cressida) but we've only seen an HUG, really.
And now, Harry is hugging a woman and nothing? It's a bit contradictory, isn't it? How sometimes an hug can lead us to conclusions and other times it doesn't? That's all I meant.

Ironically, after writing my post I found the dailystar article

Ooooooohhhhhhhh ok. Yeah I think I saw the article either late last night or this morning. After I saw the DM article with the picture I wondered when all the hoopla about that would start.

I think I just came in at a weird spot in the conversation lol.

I remember when Will and Kate were dating all we EVER got we're hugs. I think there was one time a picture of them kissing appeared (other than on the cheek which so doesn't count for me) throughout the whole time the were dating. Jeez people are discreet!;)

Last edited:

I think William and Kate flew in/out separately. I had read Kate had left earlier Sunday to get back to London to prepare for her visit to Grimsby (maybe she caught a ride with one of the many private planes that Im sure were there for the weekend). I think Wiilliam was going to Anglesey - so maybe his flight was to Manchester. Comings and goings he was the only one reported flying on twitter.

Last edited:
Would love to know what Philip was laughing about. Maybe he was telling them the canapes were made from Roumanian "beef".

or the last one home in the 2:30

The Duke of Edinburgh, the Countess of Wessex and Duke and Duchess of Gloucester today, March 5, attended a reception for Members of Parliament and Members of the European Parliament at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic 1 ** **
OK, that pic is priceless! :lol: Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall!
With Prince Phillip there is never a dull moment, and I love that!:D

Shame there were so few images but Philip does look like he is a lot of fun to be around. Lovely photos.

News.Itnsource has a small video of the reception.

Not sure if it's the right thread. Does anyone know more about this event?
I'm sorry if it's being discussed in another thread

Morgan ♥ ‏@OnePerfectionx
MY FRIEND IS MEETING PRINCE HARRY PRINCE WILLIAM AND PRINCE CHARLES I AM NOT HAPPY.

@KateWillWatch She's in this scout club thing, and when they go to dumfries house she gets to go in and speak to them and stuff :)

@KateWillWatch April 5th is the date I believe she said :)

Last edited:
Not sure if it's the right thread. Does anyone know more about this event?
I'm sorry if it's being discussed in another thread

MY FRIEND IS MEETING PRINCE HARRY PRINCE WILLIAM AND PRINCE CHARLES I AM NOT HAPPY.

@KateWillWatch She's in this scout club thing, and when they go to dumfries house she gets to go in and speak to them and stuff :)

@KateWillWatch April 5th is the date I believe she said :)

Checked out Clarence House diary and the RF page and there is nothing for any of them schedueled on 5th April. Dumfries House has no information on their website and "dumfries house 5th april" brings up no match.

Charles however is heavily linked to the house as in 2007 him and a consortium of people bought the house to keep it available to the public. In 2012 he opened a new guest house.

Last edited:
The Duke of Kent as well as the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester also attended last nights MP & MEP reception at Buckingham Palace.

A family event I guess -
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes
Zara Phillips in striking red coat and black hat has arrived with her mother the Princess Royal for ladies day at the Cheltenham Races.

I'm trying to find pictures now.

I just flicked the TV to Channel 4 and they showed Princess Anne...she has some epic sunglasses on. They look like ski glasses, I love them. Interesting choice of chapeau on Anne though.

Rumor has it the couple are going to appear at Cheltenham tomorrow. I have no confirmation about this right now all I heard about it was from someone who's friend works there. I suppose we will find out soon enough but just I case I thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

I'm on my new iPad so I don't know how to copy and paste yet so to see more about the tweet please visit Duchess Kate blog on Facebook.

Last edited:
Apparently it's only Catherine going from the tweets I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems both are attending

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expected at Cheltenham races today, where Mike Tindall's horse is running in the Gold Cup

EDIT: Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived to cheers from the crowd at Cheltenham Gold Cup Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom