The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Malaysia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Such tragic news. My heart goes out to the family. Its horrible when things happen & you might not get all the answers.

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 07-28-2006, 04:05 AM
Courtier

From what I read, the suspicion is that he was under the influence of crystal methamphetamine, known in the region as "siyabu" or in my country, "shabu". They still would be conducting an autopsy to confirm or deny the cause of death.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Commoner

I know I'm just repeating what others have said but it's really heartbreaking to see the Sultan cry. :(
Old 07-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Royal Highness

news on Tengku Puteri Kamariah's husband. He survived the attack by his son
Tunku Ismail: I forgive him

quotes from the above link:

“Only Allah knows the suffering and pain I am going through without my beloved wife by my side,” he said with tears brimming in his eyes...

...The royal couple, married for more than 40 years, had eight children, including twins Tunku Rizal Shahzan and Tunku Rizal Ramadan, both 21.
Tunku Ismail, 69, could only find comfort now from looking at his daughters, who all bear an uncanny resemblance to their late mother Tengku Puteri Kamariah.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:56 AM
Courtier

Orang Kaya Maha Bijaya Gombak (a noble) passed away

Yang Amat Berbahagia Tan Sri Hajjah Kontek Kamariah Binti Datuk Ahmad Panglima Garang Ishak
(1911 - 2006)

May God bless her dear soul

She passed away peacefully in her residence in Taman Kamariah, Gombak in Malaysia yesterday 18 August 2006 at the age of 95. She was the official representative of the Sultan of Selangor in the district of Gombak and conferred the nobility title of 'Orang Kaya Maha Bijaya'. In 1953 she was conferred British Empire Medal by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. She was a truly lovely and caring grandmother. May God bless her in eternity.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...213&sec=nation

Credit to news and photo: Copyright © 1995-2005 Star Publications (Malaysia) Bhd
Old 08-23-2006, 05:40 AM
Gentry

http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...012542801.html

there an article on a Malaysian prince who kidnapped his children in 1992!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Malaysian King Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Syed Putra Jamalullail (3rd R) and Malaysian Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi (3rd L) raise their hands and shout Mederka (Independence) during the 49th national day celebration in Sarawak, the largest state in Malaysia located on the south-western of Borneo, 31 August 2006. Malaysia celebrated its 49th National Day with the theme of "Because of You Malaysia: National Mission To Bolster Vision", that mainly focuses on the implementation of the Ninth Malaysian Plan, multi-racial unity, reading campaign and human capital development

from profimedia

Old 09-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Aristocracy

Talking Royal Families of Negri Sembilan.

Who here knows something about the Royal Families of Negri Sembilan (or 'Negeri Sembilan' in Malay),apart from the fact that there are 6 statelets with their own rulers,& that the ruler of Sungei Ujong is also the Yang Di-Pertuan Besar of Negri Sembilan?

I had heard that Tampin's late ruler died after a 76 year reign - a British Commonwealth record.

Aidan.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

The King and Queen of Malaysia are currently on a 3-day official visit to Jordan. Information and news on this visit can be found in this thread.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Aristocracy

Smile The Rajahs of Sarawak.

Here's a section that will really be of interest to the history buffs,especially those who live in a British Commonwealth country.It is about the Rajahs of Sarawak & their family.I know about the 3 Rajahs,who all had the surname 'Brooke',as they were originally an English family.

The nephew of Rajah Sir Charles Vyner Brooke,Antony,now lives in my home town of Wanganui.I have not met him.Antony Brooke was the Raja Muda (which means 'Young Prince' in the Malayan language) (or Crown Prince).Even after Rajah Sir Charles Vyner Brooke abdicated in 1946,there was a very strong movement opposed to Sarawak being ceded to the Crown as a British colony.Antony was actually banned from Sarawak until around 1964,after Sarawak became a self-governing state within Malaysia.

Aidan.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:56 PM

Question The children of prince Bahrin

I recently read the book of prince Bahrin's ex-whife, Jacqueline Pascarl-Gillespie, "Once I was a princess". And just yesterday I found out that the children have just reunited with their mother in Australia.

Does anyone know what's behind the story? Is it true, what she says, that he abused and beat her during their marriage, or is he the one telling the truth? 'Cause he seems so honest and... nice. Allowing the children to come to Australia, letting the daughter study and not marrying her off at early age.

From what Iddin and Shah says, he's been a good and loving father, but in her book, Jacqueline is quite convincing; she portraits him to be this horrible man who cares for nothing else but himself and his appearance.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:02 AM
Heir Apparent

King Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin (L) and his wife (C) meet Munira Subasic (R), the President of the Women's Association for the enclaves of Srebrenica and Zepa, in Sarajevo, 17 September, 2006. The Malaysian royal couple presented a donation of 10.000 USD to the association of female relatives of those killed or considered missing after the Bosnian Serb forces overran UN safe heavens in Srebrenica and Zepa in 1995, thus leaving thousands of Muslim women bewidowed and expelled from their homes in the enclaves.

from anp

Old 09-27-2006, 07:28 AM
Aristocracy

Talking The Royal Family of Singapore.

Does anyone have any information about the Royal Family of Singapore,who are descended from a cadet branch of the Johorean Royal Family? I know that the Singaporean Government kicked them out of their run-down palace a few years ago & turned it into a heritage centre of some sort.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:40 PM

hi...we dun have royal in singapore...so i not sure of the johorean royal family
Old 09-28-2006, 04:59 AM
Aristocracy

Here's an article about the Royal Family of Singapore; www.sfdonline.org/Link%20Pages/Link%20Folders/Other/royalfam.html .

Aidan.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalist0007
Here's a section that will really be of interest to the history buffs,especially those who live in a British Commonwealth country.It is about the Rajahs of Sarawak & their family.I know about the 3 Rajahs,who all had the surname 'Brooke',as they were originally an English family.

The nephew of Rajah Sir Charles Vyner Brooke,Antony,now lives in my home town of Wanganui.I have not met him.Antony Brooke was the Raja Muda (which means 'Young Prince' in the Malayan language) (or Crown Prince).Even after Rajah Sir Charles Vyner Brooke abdicated in 1946,there was a very strong movement opposed to Sarawak being ceded to the Crown as a British colony.Antony was actually banned from Sarawak until around 1964,after Sarawak became a self-governing state within Malaysia.

Aidan.
Hello, Royalist0007,

Wow! Anthony Brooke is still alive? For so many years I have been so curious on the whereabouts of the remnant of the Brooke Royal Family. According to history books, after Charles Vyner Brooke abdicated, he and family moved to Australia. For a long time, I have been wondering whether they still alive or not. Anthony Brooke was suppossed to succeed his uncle, Charles Vyner Brooke. Unfortunately his uncle refused to pass the throne to Anthony, therefore he rather willing to hand over Sarawak to the British Crown.

Do you know how old is Mr. Anthony Brooke now?
What is his wife's name?
How many children do they have?
Has he ever returned to Sarawak ever since?
Old 10-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Aristocracy

You can send email to Jason Brooke at jason.brooke@virgin.net
and ask for more details on their family, according to this forum
http://pub7.bravenet.com/forum/552509589/show/120363 he is the
youngest living direct descendant of the white rajahs of Sarawak.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephram
Yang Amat Berbahagia Tan Sri Hajjah Kontek Kamariah Binti Datuk Ahmad Panglima Garang Ishak (1911 - 2006)
I didnt know that she has passed away until today. She came to my wedding and I still remember calling her up to invite her to my wedding personally.We also did our Umrah in Saudi Arabia together a couple of times.

She was a very nice lady and I looked up to her. May god bless her soul.