The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 06-20-2016, 03:09 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,498
Johan T Lindwall writes at his article about Carl Philip going to UEFA EURO 2016 match on Wednesday, that the royal family will have an intensive autumn including the king and queen's four-day state visit to Germany.
Prins Carl Philip ska heja Zlatan och Sverige till EM-succé _ Kungligt _ Expressen

According to this german article, the king and queen will visit Wittenberg on 8th October. Perhaps this is a part of the state visit?
Wittenbergs Oktober wird royal _ MDR.DE
Translation
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 06-20-2016, 04:42 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Johan T Lindwall writes at his article about Carl Philip going to UEFA EURO 2016 match on Wednesday, that the royal family will have an intensive autumn including the king and queen's four-day state visit to Germany.
Prins Carl Philip ska heja Zlatan och Sverige till EM-succé _ Kungligt _ Expressen

According to this german article, the king and queen will visit Wittenberg on 8th October. Perhaps this is a part of the state visit?
Wittenbergs Oktober wird royal _ MDR.DE
Translation
Thank you LadyFinn for the information. Very exciting to get more information about the state visit to Germany.

I wonder if the visit to Wittenberg will be part of the official state visit program, or they do it as they are nearby (Germany). Not strange if they will include it as a part of the program as the Pope will visit Lund, Sweden on October 31, to commemorate the Anniversary of the separation of the Catholic and Lutheran Churches.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 06-21-2016, 06:36 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,498
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia will pay a state visit to Germany on 5-8 October 2016 at the invitation of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany Joachim Gauck. The government will be represented by Minister for Foreign Affairs Margot Wallström and Minister for Enterprise and Innovation Mikael Damberg.
Germany is Sweden's most important trading partner and a Swedish business delegation accompanies during the state visit. For Swedish companies the state visit provides an opportunity to build on the already strong trade relations.
The four-day visit will take place in the cities of Berlin, Hamburg, Wittenberg and Leipzig.
Statsbesök till Tyskland - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 06-21-2016, 05:34 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia will pay a state visit to Germany on 5-8 October 2016 at the invitation of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany Joachim Gauck. The government will be represented by Minister for Foreign Affairs Margot Wallström and Minister for Enterprise and Innovation Mikael Damberg.
Germany is Sweden's most important trading partner and a Swedish business delegation accompanies during the state visit. For Swedish companies the state visit provides an opportunity to build on the already strong trade relations.
The four-day visit will take place in the cities of Berlin, Hamburg, Wittenberg and Leipzig.
Statsbesök till Tyskland - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Pity that they will not visit Heidelberg as has been rumoured earlier.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 06-22-2016, 02:12 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,414
So there's one outgoing visit scheduled for autumn. Do you think that they'll additionally have an incoming visit?
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 06-22-2016, 04:06 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
So there's one outgoing visit scheduled for autumn. Do you think that they'll additionally have an incoming visit?
Hard to tell really. There is probably room for another incoming state visit this fall. On the other hand, I haven't heard any rumors about other state visits this year.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 06-23-2016, 11:32 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
Hard to tell really. There is probably room for another incoming state visit this fall. On the other hand, I haven't heard any rumors about other state visits this year.
Sometimes State Visits are announced at short term, without any preceding rumours. But of course that's only what I hope.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 06-26-2016, 02:09 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 453
Saturday Iceland elected a new president in Mr. Guðni Th Jóhannesson, and he will probably assume office on August 1st. It might be possible that we see an incoming state visit from Iceland to Sweden late this year. More probably a state visit won't take place in a couple of years. Last time, when Dr. Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson became President on August 1st, 1996 he didn't pay a state visit to Sweden until November 1998.

Iceland historian Johannesson wins presidential election - BBC News
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 09-07-2016, 02:58 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 453
With a lot of royal-royal state visits coming up, and we have already seen some, I wonder how long we have to wait for the next royal state visit to Sweden?
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 09-09-2016, 10:09 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
With a lot of royal-royal state visits coming up, and we have already seen some, I wonder how long we have to wait for the next royal state visit to Sweden?
Not very long i think. There are rumours about a state visit from Denmark next year, 10 years since the last swedish state visit to Denmark. Have also heard Spain and Netherlands, though Spain is uncertain pending on the political situation.

But i think the Icelandic President Gudni Torlacius Johanesson will be here before any monarches. Probably by the end of this year or during next year.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 09-09-2016, 10:13 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,005
My wish for a danish state visit would be if QMII and the whole Crown Princely family would arrive and depart Stockholm onbaord the ship "Dannebrogen" in mid June 2017.

But if there is a visit from Denmark at all it will most likely only include the danish Queen, the swedish King and guvernementet members and business representants from both countries with the other swedish royals only attending the dinner and lunches.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 09-09-2016, 05:24 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,414
I hope that those rumours about a visit from Denmark are true! You know, I won't be surprised if the CP couple would indeed accompany the Queen. Double-royal State Visits often bring out the families in full force, and the CP couple are to take on more and more responsibilities in the future.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 09-10-2016, 07:56 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Not very long i think. There are rumours about a state visit from Denmark next year, 10 years since the last swedish state visit to Denmark. Have also heard Spain and Netherlands, though Spain is uncertain pending on the political situation.

But i think the Icelandic President Gudni Torlacius Johanesson will be here before any monarches. Probably by the end of this year or during next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I hope that those rumours about a visit from Denmark are true! You know, I won't be surprised if the CP couple would indeed accompany the Queen. Double-royal State Visits often bring out the families in full force, and the CP couple are to take on more and more responsibilities in the future.
Well I hope those rumors are true, and that there is some substance to them. And I agree with Tilia C that it is not unlikely that the CP Couple will accompany the Queen, I guess that will be more common in the future now when Prince Henrik no longer participate in state visits. And a state visit to Sweden would be a visit to the family.

An Icelandic state visit is certainly in the making, but I'm unsure if Sweden will be the Icelandic first stop. Last time it took about two years before we saw President Olafur Ragnar Grimson visit Stockholm. But I certainly hope for a November state visit from Iceland.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 09-18-2016, 08:22 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I hope that those rumours about a visit from Denmark are true! You know, I won't be surprised if the CP couple would indeed accompany the Queen. Double-royal State Visits often bring out the families in full force, and the CP couple are to take on more and more responsibilities in the future.
I think that a Danish state visit would give us a huge Swedish turnout among the Royals on the gala dinner. Or at least I hope so.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 09-19-2016, 12:50 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
I think that a Danish state visit would give us a huge Swedish turnout among the Royals on the gala dinner. Or at least I hope so.
Whenever there is a double Royal state visit here in Stockholm, the immediate royal family will definitely be there in full force.

Princess Christina usually attends these events too. Princess Margaretha seems to be more and more in Stockholm these days so i wouldn't rule out her.
I would be happy if i'm wrong but i don't think Princess Desirée and Princess Birgitta, these days, would travel to Stockholm only to eat dinner.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 09-19-2016, 05:09 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,414
When was the last time that Princess Margaretha attended a State Visit? While Princess Christina is kind of a regular at State Banquets, it would surprise me to see any of the other sisters as well. But it would be great, of course.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 09-19-2016, 05:43 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
When was the last time that Princess Margaretha attended a State Visit? While Princess Christina is kind of a regular at State Banquets, it would surprise me to see any of the other sisters as well. But it would be great, of course.
As far as i remember Princess Désirée attended the State Banquet when german President Richard von Weizsäcker paid a State Visit to Sweden in 1987. No Idea if she attended also later.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 09-19-2016, 05:54 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
When was the last time that Princess Margaretha attended a State Visit? While Princess Christina is kind of a regular at State Banquets, it would surprise me to see any of the other sisters as well. But it would be great, of course.
I'm not sure and can be wrong but i don't think i've seen her attend a state visit in Sweden since the 80:s. It would be a bonus to see her ofcourse. I was just mentioning her, as she seems to spend more and more time in Sweden these days.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 09-19-2016, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,005
Princess Desirée attended the Japanese state visit to Sweden in 2000. Don't know if Margaretha was present.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 09-20-2016, 11:12 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I'm not sure and can be wrong but i don't think i've seen her attend a state visit in Sweden since the 80:s. It would be a bonus to see her ofcourse. I was just mentioning her, as she seems to spend more and more time in Sweden these days.
And I think she attended at the state visit from King Harald.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
general royal discussion, state visit, sweden, visit from sweden, visit to sweden


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swedish Residences General Discussion Josefine Swedish Royal Residences 73 11-25-2016 10:26 AM
Dutch State Visits: General Discussion, Suggestions, Musings Koningin Dutch Royals 6 10-18-2016 10:12 AM
General Swedish Royalty Facts, Discussion and Questions GrandDuchess Royal House of Sweden 263 09-09-2016 11:59 AM
The Swedish Monarchy under Victoria; Suggestions and Musings Madame Verseau Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 3 07-24-2015 07:41 PM




Popular Tags
andrew scott cooper ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coronation coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events dictatorship duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy murder new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess marie events princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess mette-marit fashion and style queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises