The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2016, 03:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Johan T Lindwall writes at his article about Carl Philip going to UEFA EURO 2016 match on Wednesday, that the royal family will have an intensive autumn including the king and queen's four-day state visit to Germany.
Prins Carl Philip ska heja Zlatan och Sverige till EM-succé _ Kungligt _ Expressen

According to this german article, the king and queen will visit Wittenberg on 8th October. Perhaps this is a part of the state visit?
Wittenbergs Oktober wird royal _ MDR.DE
Translation

Old 06-20-2016, 04:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Johan T Lindwall writes at his article about Carl Philip going to UEFA EURO 2016 match on Wednesday, that the royal family will have an intensive autumn including the king and queen's four-day state visit to Germany.
Prins Carl Philip ska heja Zlatan och Sverige till EM-succé _ Kungligt _ Expressen

According to this german article, the king and queen will visit Wittenberg on 8th October. Perhaps this is a part of the state visit?
Wittenbergs Oktober wird royal _ MDR.DE
Translation
Thank you LadyFinn for the information. Very exciting to get more information about the state visit to Germany.

I wonder if the visit to Wittenberg will be part of the official state visit program, or they do it as they are nearby (Germany). Not strange if they will include it as a part of the program as the Pope will visit Lund, Sweden on October 31, to commemorate the Anniversary of the separation of the Catholic and Lutheran Churches.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia will pay a state visit to Germany on 5-8 October 2016 at the invitation of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany Joachim Gauck. The government will be represented by Minister for Foreign Affairs Margot Wallström and Minister for Enterprise and Innovation Mikael Damberg.
Germany is Sweden's most important trading partner and a Swedish business delegation accompanies during the state visit. For Swedish companies the state visit provides an opportunity to build on the already strong trade relations.
The four-day visit will take place in the cities of Berlin, Hamburg, Wittenberg and Leipzig.
Statsbesök till Tyskland - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 06-21-2016, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia will pay a state visit to Germany on 5-8 October 2016 at the invitation of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany Joachim Gauck. The government will be represented by Minister for Foreign Affairs Margot Wallström and Minister for Enterprise and Innovation Mikael Damberg.
Germany is Sweden's most important trading partner and a Swedish business delegation accompanies during the state visit. For Swedish companies the state visit provides an opportunity to build on the already strong trade relations.
The four-day visit will take place in the cities of Berlin, Hamburg, Wittenberg and Leipzig.
Statsbesök till Tyskland - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Pity that they will not visit Heidelberg as has been rumoured earlier.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

So there's one outgoing visit scheduled for autumn. Do you think that they'll additionally have an incoming visit?

Old 06-22-2016, 04:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
So there's one outgoing visit scheduled for autumn. Do you think that they'll additionally have an incoming visit?
Hard to tell really. There is probably room for another incoming state visit this fall. On the other hand, I haven't heard any rumors about other state visits this year.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
Hard to tell really. There is probably room for another incoming state visit this fall. On the other hand, I haven't heard any rumors about other state visits this year.
Sometimes State Visits are announced at short term, without any preceding rumours. But of course that's only what I hope.

Old 06-26-2016, 02:09 PM
Nobility

Saturday Iceland elected a new president in Mr. Guðni Th Jóhannesson, and he will probably assume office on August 1st. It might be possible that we see an incoming state visit from Iceland to Sweden late this year. More probably a state visit won't take place in a couple of years. Last time, when Dr. Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson became President on August 1st, 1996 he didn't pay a state visit to Sweden until November 1998.

Iceland historian Johannesson wins presidential election - BBC News
Old 09-07-2016, 02:58 PM
Nobility

With a lot of royal-royal state visits coming up, and we have already seen some, I wonder how long we have to wait for the next royal state visit to Sweden?
Old 09-09-2016, 10:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
With a lot of royal-royal state visits coming up, and we have already seen some, I wonder how long we have to wait for the next royal state visit to Sweden?
Not very long i think. There are rumours about a state visit from Denmark next year, 10 years since the last swedish state visit to Denmark. Have also heard Spain and Netherlands, though Spain is uncertain pending on the political situation.

But i think the Icelandic President Gudni Torlacius Johanesson will be here before any monarches. Probably by the end of this year or during next year.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:13 AM
Serene Highness

My wish for a danish state visit would be if QMII and the whole Crown Princely family would arrive and depart Stockholm onbaord the ship "Dannebrogen" in mid June 2017.

But if there is a visit from Denmark at all it will most likely only include the danish Queen, the swedish King and guvernementet members and business representants from both countries with the other swedish royals only attending the dinner and lunches.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

I hope that those rumours about a visit from Denmark are true! You know, I won't be surprised if the CP couple would indeed accompany the Queen. Double-royal State Visits often bring out the families in full force, and the CP couple are to take on more and more responsibilities in the future.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Not very long i think. There are rumours about a state visit from Denmark next year, 10 years since the last swedish state visit to Denmark. Have also heard Spain and Netherlands, though Spain is uncertain pending on the political situation.

But i think the Icelandic President Gudni Torlacius Johanesson will be here before any monarches. Probably by the end of this year or during next year.
Quote:
I hope that those rumours about a visit from Denmark are true! You know, I won't be surprised if the CP couple would indeed accompany the Queen. Double-royal State Visits often bring out the families in full force, and the CP couple are to take on more and more responsibilities in the future.
Well I hope those rumors are true, and that there is some substance to them. And I agree with Tilia C that it is not unlikely that the CP Couple will accompany the Queen, I guess that will be more common in the future now when Prince Henrik no longer participate in state visits. And a state visit to Sweden would be a visit to the family.

An Icelandic state visit is certainly in the making, but I'm unsure if Sweden will be the Icelandic first stop. Last time it took about two years before we saw President Olafur Ragnar Grimson visit Stockholm. But I certainly hope for a November state visit from Iceland.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I think that a Danish state visit would give us a huge Swedish turnout among the Royals on the gala dinner. Or at least I hope so.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I think that a Danish state visit would give us a huge Swedish turnout among the Royals on the gala dinner. Or at least I hope so.
Whenever there is a double Royal state visit here in Stockholm, the immediate royal family will definitely be there in full force.

Princess Christina usually attends these events too. Princess Margaretha seems to be more and more in Stockholm these days so i wouldn't rule out her.
I would be happy if i'm wrong but i don't think Princess Desirée and Princess Birgitta, these days, would travel to Stockholm only to eat dinner.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

When was the last time that Princess Margaretha attended a State Visit? While Princess Christina is kind of a regular at State Banquets, it would surprise me to see any of the other sisters as well. But it would be great, of course.

Old 09-19-2016, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
When was the last time that Princess Margaretha attended a State Visit? While Princess Christina is kind of a regular at State Banquets, it would surprise me to see any of the other sisters as well. But it would be great, of course.
As far as i remember Princess Désirée attended the State Banquet when german President Richard von Weizsäcker paid a State Visit to Sweden in 1987. No Idea if she attended also later.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I'm not sure and can be wrong but i don't think i've seen her attend a state visit in Sweden since the 80:s. It would be a bonus to see her ofcourse. I was just mentioning her, as she seems to spend more and more time in Sweden these days.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Desirée attended the Japanese state visit to Sweden in 2000. Don't know if Margaretha was present.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I'm not sure and can be wrong but i don't think i've seen her attend a state visit in Sweden since the 80:s. It would be a bonus to see her ofcourse. I was just mentioning her, as she seems to spend more and more time in Sweden these days.
And I think she attended at the state visit from King Harald.

Tags
general royal discussion, state visit, sweden, visit from sweden, visit to sweden