The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-14-2015, 04:30 PM
Courtier

Maybe the reason for there being no crowns used at the Haga princesses christenings was because they weren't in the line of succession?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 05-16-2015, 06:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

A photo of princess Birgitta's christening at the Solna church 1937.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Old 06-17-2015, 04:37 PM
Majesty

Maybe a christning late september or in oktober for Nicolas
I am guessing Drottningholm cadtle church again
Old 07-04-2015, 03:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf, princess Désirée and countess Marianne Bernadotte at the Te Deum at the Royal Chapel after Victoria was born, on 15th July 1977.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

The kings looked a lot like Victoria in that photo! Thank you LadyFinn!
Old 03-05-2016, 07:14 AM
Majesty

I Wonder there will be 2 Christnings om one

What crown will be usel do you thinn?
Old 03-05-2016, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I really hope that the two upcoming christenings will be separated: each baby deserves his/her own baptism. Also, I would hope that Oscar's christening will be a bigger affair, since he is the crown princely couple's son.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
I Wonder there will be 2 Christnings om one

What crown will be usel do you thinn?
Even though it is not unusual with double-christenings (or even triple) in Sweden these days, i don't think the royal children will be baptized together.

There is one princely crown that has not been used at any royal event in this generation and that is Prince Fredrik Adolfs Crown. Prince Fredrik Adolf was youngest son to King Adolf Fredrik and Queen Lovisa Ulrika. I would not be surprised if this is the crown we will see at the christening of Prince Oscar.

Another possibility is that he will share "ranking crown" with Estelle and then he will get Prince Oscars Crown, the crown the future King Oscar II used while he was still a Prince.
As we all know Estelle will get the Crown Prince Crown as her "ranking crown" when her mother becomes Queen and then Oscar would get the crown with his name for himself.

For the christening of the child of Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia, i guess that he/she will "share" ranking crown with one of his/her parents. That would mean that one of Prince Carls Crown or Princess Sofia Albertinas Crown would be used.
Prince Carls Crown is the crown the future King Carl XIII used while he was still a Prince. Princess Sofia Albertinas Crown is as the name indicates the crown Princess Sofia Albertina, youngest child of King Adolf Fredrik and Queen Lovisa Ulrika used.
Both crowns were in use at the wedding of Carl Philip and Sofia.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think that there will be a double christening, based on the big difference at Te Deums for Victoria's children and Madeleine's children.
At Leonore's and Nicolas's Te Deums the royal family sat at the church pew, at the "normal benches".
At Estelle's and Oscar's Te Deums the royal family sat at chairs which had been put between the church benches and the altar.
Estelle
Oscar
The seating order at Estelle's and Oscar's Te Deums was similar than at the Te Deum for the king 40 years at the throne (but then there were more guests).

It looks to be very clear that the king and the court wants to make a difference between the events of the crown princess's children and her siblings' children.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Birth and Christening Circumstances of the Swedish Royal Family

I think a double christening would be a sweet idea but I don't think it's likely, although of course I could be wrong. I didn't realise that they were common in Sweden.

There was a double christening in the Dutch RF, between Alaïa-Maria Brenninkmeijer and Princess Zita Clara of Bourbon Parma, IIRC (but of course, that doesn't mean that the Swedish RF will do the same as different families have different customs).

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank