The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 20: July 2008 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we can expect the mandatory picture in front of the Taj Mahal?

As I watch various thread I have noticed that Princess Letizia is really into all activities no matter If she is alone or with her husband or she is with her children. I share your opinion Camarina
Letizia is much more useful and she is much more aware of each event that she attends

It seems this outfit becomes a habit as well for this reception!

She's great in red! it's definitively her colour!

This is a sort of joke right?

She sort of have tags to repeat the outfits instead of avoid to repeat it, kind of like: 1.This is the Pascua Militar outfit 2.This is the one for the Cuerpo Diplomatico and so forth.... :eek:

No comments.

This is a sort of joke right?

She sort of have tags to repeat the outfits instead of avoid to repeat it, kind of like: 1.This is the Pascua Militar outfit 2.This is the one for the Cuerpo Diplomatico and so forth.... :eek:

No comments.
Yes! Let's see the next... :nonono:
Forgive me Letizia's fans but my impression is that for her those public events are so boring that she doesn't even try to figure out what she is going to wear...

One more photo:
El Imparcial
During this severe economical crisis I think that Letizia is doing a great job by recycling her clothes, it doesn´t bother me that she recycles her outfit from last year.
More photos:
Photoshot

Last edited:
It's only clothes, I can't believe someone has such rich imaginations. Princess Anne never cares about what she wears, she must find all those public acts very boring LOL :cool::lol:.
The red color looks great on Letizia. I actually don't mind she recycled this dress, she only wore it once a year anyway :lol:. I just wish she could do something to her hair since I love updos on her.

it's clear she is trying to make a statement with all this repeating "last year's outfit" on two ocassions.

It's only clothes, I can't believe someone has such rich imaginations. Princess Anne never cares about what she wears, she must find all those public acts very boring LOL :cool::lol:.
The red color looks great on Letizia. I actually don't mind she recycled this dress, she only wore it once a year anyway :lol:. I just wish she could do something to her hair since I love updos on her.

Wow, compares Letizia with Princess Anne is really good, because both are extremelly boring...:rolleyes:

Wow, compares Letizia with Princess Anne is really good, because both are extremelly boring...:rolleyes:

Whether you find them boring or not has nothing to do with themselves finding their public acts boring, in fact both have good work ethics.

An article of the spanish royal family:
ABC News/Meet Spain's Young Royals

Is this part of the PR that will go with the alledged US visit of Felipe and Letizia? It's the most blah blah whitewash promotion article on monarchy I have read in a long time. So everything's hunky dory with the monarchy in Spain, couldn't be further from the truth. Spaniards are Juancharlistic at best and there is a big question mark whether they will become Felipistic. To say that the CP couple is much loved and adored is quite a contradiciton to the daily critizism they and the whole institution as a future model receive.

And because the whole content of the article seems to be a bit disconnected from reality I assume this also includes the quote about Letizia's "recent cosmetic operations" - or do the authors perhaps have deeper insight into the royal beauty regime?

They will be the King and the Queen those who travel to The United States, the trip of the Prince and the Princess still has not been announced.

The article does not contribute anything new, says positive things, but also it refers to the last polemics. In any case it is not habitual that the American press dedicates time to a monarchy that is not the British, so it is interesting because the Spanish Government wants to open new ways in The United States (now that Bush is not),

The ABC article says nothing new at all. In fact, it falls short of what the title seems to imply; you couldn't get to know the Spanish RF in the short and awkward paragraphs.

Is this part of the PR that will go with the alledged US visit of Felipe and Letizia? It's the most blah blah whitewash promotion article on monarchy I have read in a long time. So everything's hunky dory with the monarchy in Spain, couldn't be further from the truth. Spaniards are Juancharlistic at best and there is a big question mark whether they will become Felipistic. To say that the CP couple is much loved and adored is quite a contradiciton to the daily critizism they and the whole institution as a future model receive.

Since when the future of the monarchy in Spain or the CP couple have received the daily criticism ? From a few hanging around the internet ? LOL:lol:. I'm pretty sure not from the media, not even from the Jaime Penafiel, whose TV show was about the worst rating.
The press (esp. the serious press) in general has always been rather positive about the monarchy which has always been rated among the most valued institutions in Spain. On the CP couple, at least they have always been greated with a huge applauding crowd whereever they go, that mainly relies on their youth and attractiveness, at the end, they will only be respected by how well they do their work.
The article doesn't have new things (good or bad, true or false). The whitewash promotion articles have happened in every single country with a monarchy, what's so surprise about ? Even in the USA without a monarchy, there were so many whitewash promotion articles on the newly president and his wife, that's today's media. At the heart, everyone knows that the concept of monarchy is a bit dated even in the most pro-monarchy countries.

The article is definitely targeted to non-royal-watchers, mostly American. It's a very glossy and shallow look at the royal family. Yes, Juan Carlos is admired for his efforts in the 1981 coup. But from articles from international press and comments made by royal watchers in these forums, Felipe and Letizia are far from being known as the model modern couple. Although I disagree with some of the very harsh comments on the article.

It's weird how people decry monarchy as wasteful extravagance. The recent inauguration cost a fortune too. It's just in republics, the money that would have been spent on royalty gets distributed into many different departments, so it's less noticeable, but could potentially cost more. It could be less expensive to have a royal family where expenses for state affairs are concentrated in one area.

:previous: Great point you've got there. I think it also has to deal with the perception that had grown into people about their taxes supporting the monarchy vs their taxes supporting a First Family. If you think about it, both are spending money, but perhaps because presidents can be changed every few years or so while a monarchy stays on a country practically forever allows people to think they've been relieved of a 'burden.'

I think it also has to deal with the perception that had grown into people about their taxes supporting the monarchy vs their taxes supporting a First Family. If you think about it, both are spending money, but perhaps because presidents can be changed every few years or so while a monarchy stays on a country practically forever allows people to think they've been relieved of a 'burden.'

EmpressRouge
It's weird how people decry monarchy as wasteful extravagance. The recent inauguration cost a fortune too. It's just in republics, the money that would have been spent on royalty gets distributed into many different departments, so it's less noticeable, but could potentially cost more. It could be less expensive to have a royal family where expenses for state affairs are concentrated in one area.

it all comes down to the public perceiving their monarch as capable and useful for the country or not. if he or she is, monarchy is a fantastic thing - there can't be a better ambassador for a country than a longstanding respected monarch. the problem is that respect only comes with achievemements over a long period of time and modern societies are not prepared to give such time credit any longer but want to have a say in who to keep and who to get rid of as their representing Head of State. the perspective of having to deal with an avarage respected monarch for the next 40 or 50 years is not an option for more and more citizens and the beginning of the downfall of the institution in general.

in the big picture i believe these days the majority of people will be prepared to live with higher costs for a replacable Head of State administration in favour of having the option to pull the plug on a dull represatative Head of State.

The Spanish Royal Family will receive two State Visits in the next months. In February the President of Argentina will travel to Spain and in March the President of Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom