The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The king and Queens card is great, gives the christmas feeling with the snow.
The CP's card, thought it was really cute but a bit dark, she is a cute little princess. Wished if her parents were in the picture as well.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:12 AM
Commoner

Soooooooooooooooo cute. especially little leonor.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Courtier

Wink

capture from tve

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/9031/leoqj5.png
Old 12-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
from this angle it looks like Leo is jumping on one leg!
It's so funny dear Crisiñaki, I suppose that you have find this tremandous joke alone!!!

Looks at the Underga's brothers, they look to suffocate their so beatiful litlle sister who don't have many space to be in the shot Too bad because this symphony odf blue eyes is totally astonishing
Old 12-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Serene Highness

Leonor is just too beautful for words. I love the way Miguel looks on that picture, too cute for words. Irene looks a bit scared, poor thing with all of her brothers holding her so tight I love the signatures of the children, especially Miguels. Victoria has such a sweet smile in that picture!! Too bad Froilan doesn't look in the camera
Old 12-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Royal Highness

Sooooooo cute !!!!!! especially little Irene and brothers.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Heir Apparent

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/inicio/...O=100000114091
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/184223/7/

I hope it isn't true
Old 12-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
after the last year fiasco with the photo every detail of the photos from this year causes roumors,
the leg is seen, but the girl will be with the open legs
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-20-2006, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I also hope it's not true but if it is, it's a pretty good photoshop!
Anyway, the picture of little Leonor (who has grown quite a lot!) was adorale, so I am not going to complain.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

well Avalon, I gotta agree with you, Leo's face won me over no matter whether the pic has photoshop or not!
Old 12-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Leonor looks so happy and cute!!
She already owns the camera I love her!
Old 12-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Only is a boring people who always seeks to create polemics ... it is how if they were saying that the children of the Infanta Cristina lack half a body. 20 minutes it is a digital newspaper, to which is charmed with these things, the people write many barbarities, there are opinions that give shame.

The girl would raise the foot, and as the dress it is long one does not see ... can someone think that they erased the leg meaningfully? Please.

Evidently now they have topic about which to speak and with to refill space. Because it is better to create polemics and to criticize the image of a 1-year-old girl, that to say that the girl is nice and the postcard is very Christmas.

Ultimately next year we will still have without seeing Leonor's card with her sister, and the Princes will give us a nice landscape.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Royal Highness

The picture is cute and Leonor looks adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lula
Only is a boring people who always seeks to create polemics...
On a side note, why the fuss about those who are analyzing the photo? It is true that it looks unusual that Leonor is missing leg and it's well known that the royal family has photoshopped images before.Is it such a big deal that people are critiqing the picture??
Old 12-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Aristocracy

ElPais.es has some pictures of Christmas Cards that Juan Carlos and Sofia sent when their children where younger.

http://www.elpais.com/fotogaleria.ht...=5&idfotosel=5
Old 12-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldt20
ElPais.es has some pictures of Christmas Cards that Juan Carlos and Sofia sent when their children where younger.

http://www.elpais.com/fotogaleria.ht...=5&idfotosel=5
Thanks . I like "una postal muy flamenca" .
Old 12-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://www.elperiodico.com/default.a...seccio_PK=1028

The mystery is solved. Infanta Leonor already walks and stands up on her own. The little infanta, of almost 14 months old, poses alone for the Christmas card that her parents send in a personal and non-official way. On the other hand, the House of the King distributed yesterday the institutional congratulation that every year is sent through the media. For the first time in many years, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia do not appear in the photography that illustrates the card. The protagonist of this royal Christmas is the palace of La Zarzuela, which is displayed in a typical although solitary Christmas landscape. This way, Juan Carlos and Sofía have decided to give a minimalist almost “zen” version of their Christmas.

According to sources of the House of the King, the decision does not have anything to do with the controversy of 2005, but is simply due to the wish of the Kings, to show another face of their daily life. There, the sovereign receives the Heads of State who visit Spain and the palace is also an important part of their personal life and labour activity. At the back side of the royal card, Juan Carlos and Sofía have their signatures, under the sober wish of "Happy Christmas and New Year 2007". The five first words of the phrase appear printed in blue, whereas the year is written with the same ink as the Queen’s signature.

The Princes of Asturias are not displayed in their card either. Instead, Leonor is the unquestionable queen of the Borbón Ortiz family’s card. The little one poses before the chimney of the family’s palace in a patterned dress and red shoes, along with a basket with pine-cones. Leonor appears surrounded by some of her dolls and with great socks, hangged around the chimney, so that the other kings, the wise men, can leave some presents for her. The wish of Felipe and Letizia ("Merry Christmas and New Year") is bilingual, written both in Castilian and English. After this printed phrase, one of princes had written the spontaneous dedication: "With all our affection".

http://www.abc.es/20061220/nacional-...612200257.html

The first-born of Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, who already shows her teeth, appears smiling and dressed in a Scottish patterned dress (in shades of red and pink), in front of the chimney, neatly decorated with Christmas decorations. In a likeable gesture, Leonor sustains with her left hand one of the pine-cones that are accumulated in a basket, close to the chimney that is decorated with dolls and traditional Christmas socks.

The little Infanta, who turned 1 year old, last October 31st, appears very straight, standing up with no help. Five great candles replace the firewood and a bear dressed as Santa completes the scenery of the Princes’ congratulation. This image used by Don Felipe and Doña Letizia for their Christmas card remembers the one used by the King and Queen in 1970, when they also sent a photo of the Prince, who was two years old, by then.

Bigger photo of Leonor, from 20minutos:
http://www.20minutos.es/data/img/2006/12/20/542380.jpg
Old 12-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
On a side note, why the fuss about those who are analyzing the photo? It is true that it looks unusual that Leonor is missing leg and it's well known that the royal family has photoshopped images before.Is it such a big deal that people are critiqing the picture??
A thing is to criticize, you can like or not,but already it is ... but to do jeer of the girl, and to say all kinds of barbarities is another thing. She is a girl, and that use a girl to refill programs of television or yellow press, I do not like it. Whenever Leonor appears, certain sector of the press is one week, commenting on any absurd detail.

I believe that the children deserve a respect, and unfortunately, in certain Spain press to the children of the Royal Family respects enough little, because it is more interesting to do business.

The Princes have had to hear of everything that the girl had a very big spot and they had to to operate her, that was deaf and dumb... of Victoria they joke because always she takes a small sock in the hand... and I do not want to rememberwhat happened with Froilán (name used by the press, because for his family he is Felipe) and his kick in the wedding of the Princes, looks like that that one brought some that another problem to the child in the college, and sample of it is that now whenever he poses for the photos he is sad, when before he was a very nice boy.

The children are children, and this type of things cannot be done concerning them.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Leonor was standing very close to the fire place. It looks like she was placing her other leg on the front base of the fire place, with a long dress, thus the left leg is not seen. I don't see the photoshopping this time. It makes no sense to photoshop a picture to have her left leg not seen ?
She is so cute, not as shy as her father when he was a kid.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Can anyone give a recap of what the articles say? From my bad Spanish, I think it's saying that Leonore only has one leg??
Old 12-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

Oh come on, really this is ridiculous. This is a completely ordinary photograph, no tricks this year. She is turned a bit towards the basket it's quite normal that her leg isn't visible. Poor thing, she gives us such an amazing smile and beautiful picture and still not enough for some people

Closed Thread