The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 07:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Visit to Ibercalzado Fair

Letizia d'Espagne : un problème de make-up ?

Old 09-28-2009, 08:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Letizia of Spain attends Official Audiences at Zarzuela Palace

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Audience to a representation of the Associations of Neurofibromatosis, Leucodistrofia and Tuberous Sclerosis
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

http://noticias.terra.es/mundo/2009/...rias$599x0.jpg

Audience to a representation of Spanish designers, magazine "Elle" and Museum of the Suit
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

http://noticias.terra.es/mundo/2009/...a-00$599x0.jpg
http://noticias.terra.es/mundo/2009/...a-00$599x0.jpg
http://noticias.terra.es/mundo/2009/...nola$599x0.jpg

Audience to a representation of the direction of the Technical Top School of Industrial Engineers of the Technical University of Madrid and of the group of organizers of the Fair of Employment " Induforum 2009 "
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

http://noticias.terra.es/mundo/2009/...drid$599x0.jpg

Princess Letizia of Spain attends Official Audiences at Zarzuela Palace on September 28

Princess Letizia at a Fashion Reception in La Zarzuela Palace - Pictures - Zimbio

Old 09-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Galleries belga
BelgaPicture - Category details
BelgaPicture - Advanced search
Old 09-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Gentry

Publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The meeting is for that article. The Princess cannot accept these clothes as gift, so the Royal House, the magazine and the designers have reached an agreement to give them to the National Museum of the Suit.

Museo del Traje | CIPE
I dont think Letizia could wear the proposed dresses...They are not correct for the kind of events CP Letizia usually attend nor her style. But on the other hand Id love Letizia to wear other Spanish designer (no more Varela!!), as she do in her holiday time...

I will love to see her with MIGUEL PALACIO, HANNIBAL LAGUNA or ELIO BERHANYER OUTFITs

TELVA.com | Cibeles Madrid Fashion Week
Old 09-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos from today:
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
Old 09-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The meeting is for that article. The Princess cannot accept these clothes as gift, so the Royal House, the magazine and the designers have reached an agreement to give them to the National Museum of the Suit.

Museo del Traje | CIPE
This is so strange. I don't think other royals never received any gift, plus they bought clothes, assessories at a very discount price. She could at least wear them once, then return. Those clothes don't have much value without being worn.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by princechermed View Post
I dont think Letizia could wear the proposed dresses...They are not correct for the kind of events CP Letizia usually attend nor her style. But on the other hand Id love Letizia to wear other Spanish designer (no more Varela!!), as she do in her holiday time...

I will love to see her with MIGUEL PALACIO, HANNIBAL LAGUNA or ELIO BERHANYER OUTFITs

TELVA.com | Cibeles Madrid Fashion Week
At least half of the pieces (the following) she could wear for sure, she could pass those low-cut pieces. I agree that she should try other designers' clothes. She had some clothes from Miguel Palacio at the beginning. Elio Berhanyer is a great designer and his clothes suits Letizia probably the most among all of them. IMO.

http://www.elle.es/var/ellees/storag...qualite_es.jpg
Old 09-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Donna, this was the offer of a magazine, which would receive many advertising if the Princess was agreeing to take these exclusive designs, it wouldnt be just neither with other magazines nor with other designers whom the magazine did not invite.

I believe that the chosen option has been most succeeded to avoid polemics and displeasures, now these designs belong to the State, they will be able to show them in exhibitions in Spain or even in other countries.

Elle in Palace

Audiencia ELLE Letizia - News - Moda - Moda Otoño Moda Invierno 2009

"Im a REAL Spanish fashion fan" t-shirt (Hannibal Laguna during Cibeles Madrid Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2010)

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...ZL1tp/610x.jpg

Photos Prisma

http://www.prismanews.com/spip.php?article6680

PPE

PPE Agency
Old 09-29-2009, 05:11 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

there is no way she could have accepted these clothes. it would come across as "the princess has to accept gifts from the fashion industry in order to obtain some suitable designs". it's a strange development anyway, at first it was all about "substance" and "hard work", avoiding the "superficial" path others seem to walk down. but finally letizia, the "fashion icon", has arrived exactly there with the main focus on what she is wearing and how she looks.

on the other hand i do hope that letizia will at least take the message on board to wear more high quality clothes, similar to these designs, and stop wearing "trendy" low quality clothes, very often not suitable to position or age. rania has mastered this issue to perfection, as she is about both, "fashion" (high quality as expected from royals) and "substance".

Video:
Letizia dona sus exclusivos vestidos para apoyar el 'Made in Spain' - 20minutos.es
Old 09-29-2009, 05:54 AM
Gentry

princess of ZARA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
there is no way she could have accepted these clothes. it would come across as "the princess has to accept gifts from the fashion industry in order to obtain some suitable designs". it's a strange development anyway, at first it was all about "substance" and "hard work", avoiding the "superficial" path others seem to walk down. but finally letizia, the "fashion icon", has arrived exactly there with the main focus on what she is wearing and how she looks.

on the other hand i do hope that letizia will at least take the message on board to wear more high quality clothes, similar to these designs, and stop wearing "trendy" low quality clothes, very often not suitable to position or age. rania has mastered this issue to perfection, as she is about both, "fashion" (high quality as expected from royals) and "substance".

Video:
Letizia dona sus exclusivos vestidos para apoyar el 'Made in Spain' - 20minutos.es
Im Spaniard. I am proud that Letizia wears ZARA, MANGO, MASSIMO DUTTI, or U by ADOLFO DOMINGUEZ...like the most of Spanish women do. I dont think it is necessary to wear a 5000 dress to open a museum or attend a similar event. Spain is the most import country in PRET-A-PORTER clothes, and the second most important shoes manufacturer... I think Letizia represents very well our country, and her look is always correct an ellegant for every situation.
I dont like to see RANIA wearing hiper expensive clothes from DIOR or mary of DENMARK wearing PRADA all day long...
Old 09-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Im asking me the same question as a photographer, is she chewing a bubblegum?
Old 09-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Im Spaniard. I am proud that Letizia wears ZARA, MANGO, MASSIMO DUTTI, or U by ADOLFO DOMINGUEZ...like the most of Spanish women do. I dont think it is necessary to wear a 5000€ dress to open a museum or attend a similar event. Spain is the most import country in PRET-A-PORTER clothes, and the second most important shoes manufacturer... I think Letizia represents very well our country, and her look is always correct an ellegant for every situation.
I dont like to see RANIA wearing hiper expensive clothes from DIOR or mary of DENMARK wearing PRADA all day long...
that's what i write so years ago ..i am totally agree with you
its admirable from letizia wearing accessibles, not expensives clothes and more of that beeing so elegant, so smart and nice with them
opposite to some others princesses or first ladies spending so many millions for wardrobe sometimes from very poor contries ...Times have changed, wearing Chanel, dior, Prada is not an elegance Guarantee anymore
Old 09-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia yesterday:
Letizia, con los diseadores espaoles y ELLE - DiezMinutos
Old 09-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikram View Post
that's what i write so years ago ..i am totally agree with you
its admirable from letizia wearing accessibles, not expensives clothes and more of that beeing so elegant, so smart and nice with them
opposite to some others princesses or first ladies spending so many millions for wardrobe sometimes from very poor contries ...Times have changed, wearing Chanel, dior, Prada is not an elegance Guarantee anymore
Not everyone agrees that her choices are always appropriate for the occasion. And elegant? Very much disagree.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Gentry

Imho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
Not everyone agrees that her choices are always appropriate for the occasion. And elegant? Very much disagree.
Its obviously impossible to make "everyone" agree on someones style, but I think Letizia has a very high level of acceptation and popularity.

She is not just ellegant because of her clothes, she is ellegant when she moves, when she speaks and when she kindly treat with people...

Other people can advice you to buy clothes, like other princesses or "first ladies" do, but nobody can teach you to move gracefully if your not naturally ellegant...
Old 09-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

The designers or manufacturers have been sending all sorts of things to Zarzuela (I'm sure the same in other countries too), even Leonor's hair clips were a gift. So if those designers had sent those clothes quietly to Zarzuela, the clothes would have been accepted ? Even the event was initiated by Elle, those clothes were from the most famous Spanish designers, wearing them shows more appreciation IMO. Queen Sofia had borrowed many clothes from Manuel Pertegaz and Elio Berhanyer that end up in the museums.
Anyway Zarzuela probably didn't allow her to accept those gifts since the magazine had made too much noise.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Its obviously impossible to make "everyone" agree on someones style, but I think Letizia has a very high level of acceptation and popularity.

She is not just ellegant because of her clothes, she is ellegant when she moves, when she speaks and when she kindly treat with people...

Other people can advice you to buy clothes, like other princesses or "first ladies" do, but nobody can teach you to move gracefully if your not naturally ellegant...
I never said the princess herself was not elegant! We are talking about her clothes, and many of her choices are not. JMHO of course
Old 09-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana View Post
Im asking me the same question as a photographer, is she chewing a bubblegum?
It looks like she's chewing gum IMO. I hate that! But maybe she has a nervous mannerism?
Old 09-30-2009, 05:23 AM
Gentry

Spanish press is obsessed with CP Letizia, she is almost everyday in the Spanish press covers, not just because her busy agenda, but some stupid articles like this one, about her multiple hair changes!

Doa Letizia: una Princesa y mil peniados - Casas_Reales_Espana - Gente - ABC.es
Old 09-30-2009, 05:36 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

the atmosphere of the event as per video - and i guess it stands for many other events royals attend every day - is absolutely horrific. constant flashlight photography, noise and shaking people's hands in a very impersonal, assembly line manner: royal everyday life as representative of the institution is as unglamorous and dull as one can imagine, maybe bubblegum helps to get through such a stiff routine ...

Tags
letizia, princess of asturias