The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 03:49 AM
Commoner

Felipe and Letizia so lovely.
Photo from Diario de Navarra:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzzzzg24.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	159918  

Old 06-17-2005, 04:22 AM
Nobility

Tribute and incense. During the act of tribute to the Kings of Navarre the temple filled of incense of smoke, which slightly affected the Princess who took the hand of her husband and she leaned on him. JAVIER SESMA

Everything a gale. Leyre received to the Princes with a true gale. They underwent all the guests, but specially, as it is possible to be appreciated in the photos, the members of the Band of Trompetas and timbals of the Government and those of the Chorale of Camera of Pamplona. JOSE ANTONIO GOÑI

Old 06-17-2005, 05:46 AM
Nobility

The peculiar ones saw the Princes "very enamored"

many of them have been going for years in search of a greeting of Don Felipe, and now of doña letizia

leyre. A hundred of people arrivals from the towns of around waited patiently the arrival of Princes de Asturias in the entrance to the monastery of Leyre and they followed to them during all the morning.

Don Felipe and Doña Letizia as soon as they had been gotten off the official vehicle when the peculiar ones began to applaud and to shout. When the Princess received the branch of flowers of hands of Saioa Lopez, girl of Yesa, all ran until the patio of the monastery, place where it would be celebrated, minutes later, the delivery of the prize Prince of Viana, of which they did not want to lose detail.

The smiles of complicity between the pair during the act were constant, specially those of the Prince, who at any moment looked for the glance of his wife. This fact caused very good sensation between the peculiar ones. "them note that very are enamored. Felipe threw each smile to her to Letizia ", a neighbor of Isaba argued, that detected that "the Princess was a little serious". A friend hers, coming from Liédena, talked back that "we can seat if we are pregnant and we got tired, but she no, so she must right to put bad face". They two and their three friends have approached this act from 1997, year in which Prince of Viana to the Pedro physicist gave itself to the prize Miguel Etxenike, also natural of Isaba. "we do not have many more opportunities to see them that close ", explained, "and we only requested that they dedicate a smile to us".

Corpus Jaria, neighbor of Javier who has been attending the delivery of the prize for 10 years, also appreciated the union between the Princes, since "they are done the one for the other". It assured that this time "I have been able to give the hand to Letizia. The bodyguards did not let to her approach, but she has stopped herself and come ", indicated. "it has been a second, but a second that is worth much", she clarified.

For the group of neighbors of Yesa formed by Mercedes, Isabel, Begoña and Jesus, to go to the delivery of this prize suppose, after six years, "a tradition". All were in agreement in that Letizia Ortiz "is to the height of the circumstances and it seems well to us that is journalist", because, "if the monarchy is not modernized, we are grasped". Also, the elegance and beauty of the Princess also motivated the unamimity in this group, who, asked for their red suit responded that "I do not believe that she has put it thinking about Navarre, since always she takes something red", assured Begoña. In any case, Jesus thought that, to the margin of the color, "she is more handsome with skirt than with trousers".

All tried to approach the Princes, but it was impossible to them to reach them. "we had already liked to give them a pair of kisses, but while the Princess took a branch in a hand and to Felipe in the other, there has been no form". As far as the for baby who waits Doña Letizia, Begoña expressed her desire of a girl , like Isabel, that argued that the princess "is a professional, and that is well. Now it must be born a girl who is to be queen ".

Begoña took advantage of the moment to also think on the children of Infant Cristina, of those who she said that "they are very handsome; they do not seem Borbones, are rather Basque ", valued. >
http://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/ed...ul76.327155.php
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	aa3.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	159859   Click image for larger version

Name:	aa5.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	159860   Click image for larger version

Name:	aa4.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	159861  
Old 06-17-2005, 07:52 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapopdiva
- How did you see me?
(she hurried to answer a guest that followed the conversation)

- You were very handsome with mantilla and peineta.

(I think that wasn't what letizia wanted to hear. She asked the journalist about the speech and this women rush to answer about how she looks. She had better keep her mouth shut)
I completely agree with you, Lapopdiva... what a poor figure that journalist cut for herself!... So many tings she could observe about the speech and Letizia's performance, and she only has an opinion about how handsome she looked...
Old 06-17-2005, 07:56 AM
Nobility

I don't know if it is a language thing but Letizia seems to come across as uptight.

Like the question she was asked on the previous page, asking if she had any advice for wannabe journalists. She was one for many years and becoming a Princess does not mean she has forgotten all about that time. She should have given a helpful answer, even if it was something like "love what you do and work hard". It would have been something.

I just find her answers and the way she communicates very uptight and stuffy.

Could be very wrong but it is just my opinion.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieLou
I don't know if it is a language thing but Letizia seems to come across as uptight.

Like the question she was asked on the previous page, asking if she had any advice for wannabe journalists. She was one for many years and becoming a Princess does not mean she has forgotten all about that time. She should have given a helpful answer, even if it was something like "love what you do and work hard". It would have been something.

I just find her answers and the way she communicates very uptight and stuffy.

Could be very wrong but it is just my opinion.

The problem is that the journalists always are with the same. After year and means, they continue it asking, has been gotten to say that it wanted to return to work like journalist. I do not know if Mary they ask to her if lawyer misses being, or to Maxima to work in a company. Letizia was journalist, but no longer is it, and the journalists must be accustomed to that.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I agree with you, Lula. Letizia does not deny her past career (which she constructed by herself and with a remarkable strength), and she already proved many times (especially, when she visits newspaper offices) that she's dealing very well with her life change. She's adapted herself to her new duties in a very pacific way, with the total support of his lovely husband, and thus with no traumas, nor regrets.
If Letizia started giving advices about her career as a journalist, it would be more difficult to disconnect her image from the anchorwoman that everybody knew. She's not a journalist anymore, and so I think sometimes it's even a bit rude that the journalists insistently ask her about the time when she was one of them...
In my humble opinion, she acted how she should act. I'm sure she would most certainly be criticised, if she started answering questions about how it is being a journalist...

But then again, that’s just my opinion too.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
Viernes, 17 de junio de 2005
REUNIÓN ANUAL DE LA FUNDACIÓN EMPRESA Y SOCIEDAD
Madrid
Princess Letizia did not attend this act after all, as the Prince attended the conference alone.

For more about this topic, please go to the thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=228258#post228258
Old 06-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Serene Highness

I agree with Elsa and Lula.

Letizia must/has to be very very carefull about advices or remarks that she makes.
Because everything she does is Zoomed (I invented this word now) by her fans but also by the people that doesn't like her.
For ex. if she said "I miss being a reporter it's great" the next day Peñafiel and some magazines would publish "Letizia Embaraza y Infeliz"/"Pregnant Letizia is unhappy" and they would be in it for weeks showing all images where she looked more serious.
If she said "No I don't miss it at all" the next day they would say that she was renegating her past blá blá blá. If she gave an advice but in a certain time she didn't follow it, the images or sentences would be in the press two minutes after she give the advice.

So low-profile is the best in this new "job" of her

(off-topic: I think Mary and Letizia know this very well (Maxima has, for me, another attitude) - they are both very conscient of the "size" of every move, of every expression, of every quote they make)...

The Spanish Royal Family tend to behave like that. Only The King sometimes jumps protocol and rules but we are used to him being more informal...

Regards!
Old 06-17-2005, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/edi...l72.327139.php

The Princes of Asturias, Don Felipe de Borbón and Doña Letizia Ortiz, spent almost 24 hours in Navarre. Differently of what usually happens, this time they did not arrive at the Monastery of Leyre by helicopter, perhaps due to the pregnancy of the Princess. The Princes decided to spend the previous night in Yesa, where they arrived coming from Logroño, after participating in the acts of the XXV anniversary the Civil Guard’s Unit of Rural Action (UAR), where Doña Letizia pronounced her first speech in an official act. The couple chose to travel by car to Yesa, concretely to a hotel next to the Monastery, where they arrived around six o’clock in the afternoon of Wednesday.

After a short stroll by the environs, they had supper at the hotel and retired to rest.

In the morning, they travelled by car to the Monastery of Leyre, in order to preside over the delivery of the Prize Prince of Viana of Culture to Javier Manterola.

At 4:30 p.m., they went to Noáin, where got an airplane back to Madrid.

Old 06-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Courtier

On Monday the Prince and Princess will be in France at the Wine Exporters Expo.

On Tuesday they will be in Guadalajara for the unveiling of the first annual Environmental Sustainability report (a HUGE issue right now as Spain and Portugual are both suffering masssive droughts this year--worse in some 60 years--and water and the use of water is one of the biggest poltical/economic issues in Spain.)

The article (very odd web-based translation; sorry, not time to fix).

http://es.news.yahoo.com/050617/4/4477b.html

The Princes of Asturias attend on Tuesday presentation of the I Report of Sustainability in Pastrana (Guadalajara)

GUADALAJARA, 17 Jun. (EUROPE PRESS)
Their Royal Heighnesses the Princes de Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, accompanied by the minister of the Environment, Cristina Narbona, will preside over the next Tuesday, day 21, in the Palace Ducal de Pastrana (Guadalajara) the act of presentation of the first Report of Sustainability (Report of Spring 2005). One is an advance of documents on the situation and perspective of progress in the matter of sustainability that will annually generate Publicity recently created Observatory of the Sustainability in Spain (IT DARES). This Report of Spring will occur to know during the second trimester of every year, informed the Ministry. The Observatory of the Sustainability in Spain (IT DARES), is an independent organism, which they impel the Ministry of Medio.ambiente, the Foundation Biodiversity and the General Foundation of the University of Alcala de Henares, created in February of 2005 like fruit of the commitment to reach a model of sustainable development that considers economic, territorial the aspects, of environmental improvement and social justice and that guarantees the conservation of our natural patrimony and the improvement of the quality of life of the citizens.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:17 AM
Courtier

From contrapress, with school children who had gifted the with drawings:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6326311.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	160036   Click image for larger version

Name:	6326312.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	160037   Click image for larger version

Name:	6326313.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	160038   Click image for larger version

Name:	6326314.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	160039  

Name:	6326315.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	160040  
Old 06-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Courtier

On June 26 (Sunday) the Prince and Princess will attend a catastrophy simulation.

http://www.europapress.es/europa2003...&tabID=1&ch=66
Old 06-17-2005, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Another photo from yesterday in Navarre.

From CanalSpain:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	viana7.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	160146  
Old 06-17-2005, 02:46 PM
Royal Highness

Lunes, 20 de junio de 2005INAUGURACIÓN DE LA FERIA MUNDIAL DEL VINO "VINEXPO"
Burdeos
Old 06-17-2005, 02:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

I have already seen that the week that comes they are going to have many acts. By the way, Friday 24 is the Onomástica of the King so probably there will be reception in Zarzuela.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
I have already seen that the week that comes they are going to have many acts. By the way, Friday 24 is the Onomástica of the King so probably there will be reception in Zarzuela.
What's Onomastica of the King again?
Old 06-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
What's Onomastica of the King again?
It's the King's Saint Day (St. John/Juan), which is celebrated on June 24th.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
It's the King's Saint Day (St. John/Juan), which is celebrated on June 24th.
Anyone know if the whole family will be atttending like they did last year?
Old 06-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote
Lunes, 20 de junio de 2005INAUGURACIÓN DE LA FERIA MUNDIAL DEL VINO "VINEXPO"
Burdeos
i really found weird that they accepted this event. it's not in spain, not because of something spanish and spain isn't that important in wine production. i really dont know why their appearence there is so important having much more interesting and appropiate things that they rejected doing...

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Closed Thread