Infanta Leonor, News and Pictures Part 1: November 2005 - February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
grevinnan said:
To expire means to die - certainly hope it was a translation glitch.
It was meant to say that the baby is turning 3 weeks of life...

http://www.elcomerciodigital.com/pg051126/prensa/noticias/Concejos/200511/26/GIJ-CON-110.html

The Infanta Leonor already has her nougat in the Villa

Nougat Infanta Leonor Especial 2005. It is the name with which the cafeteria Vicente de Villaviciosa will commercialize the new creation artesana. It is a question of a nougat of marzipan, grapes, hazelnuts and pistachios, fruit of an original recipe of the teacher Juan Zafrilla. Vicente Alonso Naredo, holder of the establishment, he learned the formula in the Union of Pastrycooks and Craftsmen of Asturias. " It is done by the whole respect and the fondness that as Asturians we feel towards the Infanta Leonor ", he made clear. The kilo will be sold to 28 Euros. It is not the first nougat that Alonso elaborates inspiring by the royalty. In 2003, Letizia Ortiz jumped to the reputation over her Nougat.

kate14 said:
Why am I not suprise:rolleyes:

we have to take into account that practically all the readers of hola are spanish people or spanish speakers... and leonor is the one that sounds more spanish and common to spanish speakers...
i personally like all of them. they are all so suitable for queens... hope they make a team and become good friends...

I love the name Leonor. I think it is very nice to have a traditional and historic name esp. when you are talking about royalty. :D

http://www.europapress.es/europa2003/noticia.aspx?cod=20051128192701&tabID=1&ch=66

The Manufacturers' Association of Jeweler's shop of Cordoba San Eloy, in representation of the goldsmiths natives of Cordoba, has made come to the Princes of Asturias, Don Felipe de Borbón and Dona Letizia Ortiz, a present for the birth of their first-born daughter, the infanta Leonor, consisting of four couples of earrings in gold and diamonds.
According to a communique sent today to Europa Press, the jewelers natives of Cordoba, of concrete form, have given the infanta Leonor " her first joyerito ", who contains the mentioned four couples of earrings of the first position in gold and diamonds, being two of them in white gold and other two couples in yellow gold. The Association San Eloy has wanted to accompany on the above mentioned gift their " more sincere congratulations " on Their Royal Highnesses, " for so happy event ". As response, the Princes of Asturias have made them come personally their gratefulness for the above mentioned obsequiousness

CORDOBA

Leonor, with a tenth under the arm Administration of Lottery of the Dove, in the Company, has exhausted number 10705 of the drawing of the 22 of December, and that contains the month and the year of birth of the daughter of the Princes. "nobody Already finds in Cordova a ticket that finishes in 05", it affirms the owner of the establishment.

Tenth contained "10" - the granddaughter of the Kings was born in October and the" 05 "- the year in which the daughter of Princes de Asturias came to the world -.

http://cordoba.abc.es/cordoba/pg051129/prensa/noticias/Cordoba/Cordoba/200511/29/COR-COR-017.asp

No, there aren't... be sure they'll be posted here, when the moment arrives... ;)

But, when ? !!! For christmas card ?!!

adelaide said:
But, when ? !!! For christmas card ?!!

someone said in the christmas card post that...the spanish royal family usually release their christmas cards during the week b4 the christmas or sth....

so..still kinda early for new pics of LEONOR!~!!! although i'm looking forward for it tooo.....

Can you imagine? Leonor is already 1 month old...:) And I have an impression like she was born 1 week ago... strange. Still any news about the christening and the godparents?

The baby girl is so lovely that we want to see her very sooner, isn't ?

When Irene Urgandarin was born her parents already know who will be the godparents and told it (I mean Ińaki) press officialy just after the birth, so Felipe & Letizia probably are still thinking, thinking, thinking about it.

I imagine that they will say it when they should announce the date of the baptism, it will be necessary to wait. I imagine that they will be dependent on the acts that have in January to put the date of the baptism. ;)

i suspect that they'll announce the date of baptism & god parents before christmas

bigheadshirmp said:
i suspect that they'll announce the date of baptism & god parents before christmas

hopefully...
i guess the decision is more difficuly for Leonor, because she is daughter of future monarch, as opposed to Irene, 4th child of Infanta.
but, yeah, i hope they announce the date soon.

overall, i still much much prefer the spanish way dealing with birth.. lots of journalist (a treat for us...), many many visits from family, a press conference, a great 1st presentation, followed photos kith the Kings.

is it know whether Leonor is going to be presented to Atocha? around 3 months?
i was hoping we would see some official presentation at la zarzuela with photos of whole royal family, but i guess we've to wait until leonor's baptism.

I believe that they will announce it before Christmas, in Spain the baptisms are 1 or 2 months after the birth, the Royal Family is not in the habit of waiting any more time, and if they wait for many Leonor she will not enter the garment. In this case probably they have lengthened it a bit because the vacations of Christmas are.

The vacations of the Royal Family conclude on the 6th when the Military Easter is celebrated. It seems to me that in January they are going to be busy enough, especially the Prince. Besides, of the fixed acts how the Military Easter or the Receipt to the ambassadors, he Prince can have two trips, though it will be necessary to hope that they confirm them officially. When the President of Israel was in Spain, the Minister of Exteriors said that probably the Prince should travel in January to Israel. And on the 27th there is change of government in Honduras, and the Prince always comes to these acts (this year the Princes will travel enough because there are many elections in Latin America). So if these trips are confirmed, I believe that the baptism will be in the first 15 days of the month.

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg051205/actualidad/madrid/200512/05/arbol_navidad_dona_leonor.asp

The first Christmas´ tree of Dona Leonor

An initiative that began with the aim to finance the trip of end of career of a few university students, today, more than forty years later, has become institutionalized as a solidary and environmental message that repeats itself every Christmas.
The particular campaign began on Friday with several students of sixth of the Engineers' School of Mounts of Madrid disguised as firs and they walking along the center of the city. Of such a way, and until December 8, these standard-bearers of the ecology and the environment distribute leaflets and they will explain to the population why and how to protect the biodiversity in order that this one, in turn, could take care of us.
Natural fir
One more year they will remember neighbors and paseantes the advantages of adorning a tree of natural Christmas and not of plastic. Of step, they advertise their traditional sale of firs in the School, a few trees that, to avoid the uncontrolled felling, sell with roots and handles to be replanted again on having concluded the holidays. They come from a production controlled of a fish-pond placed in Zegama, municipality bordering on Alava, and sell from 13 Euros in the own School. Besides, the pupils offer to transport the tree without any cost inside the municipal term.

By every sold tree an Euro is destined to solidary projects of Red Spanish Cross in the Carib. And it is that Cuba is the destiny of their trip of end of career, though also during the periplus they will realize a solidary action on having reserved between 2 and 3 kilos of the capacity of the suitcases to take elements of the first need to the island, in collaboration with the ONG PFC.
This year, on the occasion of the birth of the daughter of the Princes of Asturias, the pupils will give her first tree of Christmas to Dona Leonor. With this present they aspire to wake the interest up in the youngest generations for the Nature. An interest like that every Christmas leads them to adorning the Stadium Vicente Calderón and the Prado Museum with one of their firs.

purple_platinum said:
i guess the decision is more difficuly for Leonor, because she is daughter of future monarch, as opposed to Irene, 4th child of Infanta.

The only difficulty I see here is choosing only two people (since they are a Catholic family - a male and a female). Otherwise, the role of a godparent is to provide the child (in addition to his/her parents) guidance in terms of being a good Catholic and in general, a good individual.

Just because Irene is the 4th child of an Infanta, it doesn't mean that whoever will be her godparents will be less important in the development of the baby's life than the godparents chosen for Leonor. The important criteria for a godparent is someone who possesses good character and strong moral values that he/she will be able to pass on to their godchild.

If you look at the godparents of Princess Elisabeth of Belgium (the future monarch), her godparents are her maternal aunt, Countess Helene d'Udekem d'Acoz, and her cousin, Prince Amadeo of Belgium. Hardly people that roam the royal courts of Europe. These are the godparents of a future monarch, as opposed to Konstantin-Alexios, the first son of Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece, who had most of the future monarchs as his godparents, even though it is very likely that he will never be the king of Greece.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
An article from "Cronica" written by Jaime Pańafiel. Could any Spanish-speaking member write what it is about? I have some strange feeling that it isn't worth translating the whole.:D
http://www.elmundo.es/suplementos/cronica/2005/529/1133650816.html

After suffering the torture of reading Peñafiel, which every time is boring, I tell you. Only ihe comments on it of the book of these two journalists opportunists, though commenting on it without getting into the topic into depth. Also he comments that the people of Zarzuela worked very well with Leonor's birth.
Then he speaks on the royalty and the arrears, when they come late to the acts. Not interesting at all.

May be, it's time to Penafiel to be retired, except if he needs money like the others Uruburus ( garbage's beards eaters )....

he talks about not knowing anything of leonor since her birth although it has been a month. he then mentions anecdotes on royals and time (the only time queen elizabeth was late for 10 minutes, also mentions pope benedict, queen sofia and king juan carlos, william in his first time working in the bank...).
in the chss section, where he never says the name of the person he talks about, there's a clear paragraph about felipe and letizia and the birth, that explains how a couple told felipe (supposedly) their congratulations in the theatre and he told them lots of details of the birth and the time in the hospital and said it was hard for letizia as she had never even "broke her foot in her life". i thought that was funny and a good anecdote.
he also mentions sonsoles (first lady of spain) in that section without mentioning her name who is supposedly spending a more money than the assigned for zapatero, the prime minister.

lula said:
After suffering the torture of reading Peñafiel, which every time is boring, I tell you. Only ihe comments on it of the book of these two journalists opportunists, though commenting on it without getting into the topic into depth. Also he comments that the people of Zarzuela worked very well with Leonor's birth.
Then he speaks on the royalty and the arrears, when they come late to the acts. Not interesting at all.
Sorry, sorry, sorry lula that I caused this torture!:D Will you ever forgive me?:D

Felipe and Letizia is sending letters to glad all congratulations their recieve for his daughter Leonor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anybody bring it here?

I think I wouldn't be too unfaithful if I said that some of our members have told me they had recieved one of those letters... perhaps they could share them with us...

Jo said:
I love the name Leonor. I think it is very nice to have a traditional and historic name esp. when you are talking about royalty. :D
Honestly, I dont like the name Leonor for a Queen or Infanta of Spain..It sounds like a name of an old wicked lady..just my opinion, no offence meant..I think the name Isabela has more historical importance and much appealing for a Spanish reigning Queen..just my opinion..Anyways, i respect the decision of the Prince and Princess of Asturias in terms of naming their first daughter..and whatever name the Infanta has, it cannot withstand her beauty..she is really a beautiful baby..

Last edited:
From El País:

The last picture of Infanta Leonor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom