Infanta Elena and Family, Current Events Part 5: May - November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday, when it appeared in the castle of Berg, in Luxembourg, in order to be present in the celebration by the silver wedding of the Great Dukes of Luxembourg, infant Elena left to more of an assistant with the open mouth.
The greater daughter of the kings of Spain, of 43 years, it arrived, of the hand of its husband, Jaime de Marichalar, Duke of Lugo, shining a red long dress with gold embroiderings and with which the clock and the fan matched. Lucia like a youngster.
The Spanish press, always letter to the details of the real family, it emphasized the suit of Elena immediately, to that it defined with single word: it called it spectacular.

http://www.aldia.co.cr/ad_ee/2006/julio/04/farandula2.html

PARIS - JULY 5: (L-R) Jaime de Marichalar, Doris Brynner and Marie Chantal de Grece attend the Valentino Fashion show during Paris Fashion Week (Haute Couture) Fall-Winter 2006/07 at Theatre National de Chaillot July 5, 2006 in Paris, France. (Photo by Eric Ryan/Getty Images):

1z4bms1.jpg

And in Dior, with Doris Bryner and the family Arnault

From getty

Attachments

• 71376725.jpg
    71376725.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 242
  • 71376773.jpg
    71376773.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 319
I'm not a fan of Jaime (sorry DON Jaime), so I won't say a word about him, including why he is at a fashion show, but I will comment on Infanta Elena. She looks wonderful in that dress and I always love her smile.

Thanks for posting the nice magazine clippings, Mon :)

Jaime yesterday at "CHRISTIAN LACROIX " - COLLECTION HAUTE COUTURE - AUTOMNE HIVER 2006 2007 Sur la photo : Jaime de Marichalar et Pia de Brantes © Yann Dejardin / Deadline"

1z6tpip.jpg
1z6trb5.jpg

(deadline)

I must say I didn't like too much the red gown when Elena used it for the first time, but during the dinner in Luxembourg she was simply glowing and looked absolutely splendit. We can say that garmets aren't everyhing, beautiful smile is paramount as well:)

Few days ago ive said that she seems not doing so good (not in the best moods), well..that is past, in her last activities, specially at Luxembourg she was really glowing, with a beautiful smile. Im really glad for her.

iceflower said:
Jaime yesterday at "CHRISTIAN LACROIX " - COLLECTION HAUTE COUTURE - AUTOMNE HIVER 2006 2007 Sur la photo : Jaime de Marichalar et Pia de Brantes © Yann Dejardin / Deadline"
http://i6.tinypic.com/1z6trb5.jpg
He uses lots of rings..... but i cannot see the wedding ring :confused: :rolleyes:

I think the wedding ring is the last one (and the smaller one :rolleyes: ) in his little finger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wallis said:
I'm not a fan of Jaime (sorry DON Jaime), so I won't say a word about him, including why he is at a fashion show, but I will comment on Infanta Elena. She looks wonderful in that dress and I always love her smile.

Love your comment, a great example of the power of understatement. I agree about Jaime and the fashion show thing. What's up with that?

...JuAnItA... said:
He uses lots of rings..... but i cannot see the wedding ring :confused: :rolleyes:
I think that gentlemen of the royal or aristocratic classes usually wear a ring on the pinkie finger symbolizing the crest or symbol of their family. I would like to know from the posters who know more about the protocols of the nobilty or aristocracy if this information is correct. I could have sworn that I've seen pictures of Prince Pavlos of Greece also wearing a ring showing his family crest.

Other than that, I hardly doubt he is missing his wedding band because of trouble in the marriage. He seems to be very much in love with the Infanta Elena.

Redferns said:
Jaime is soooo frivolous:rolleyes:

What a good word for him. Was he always this way or did this start after he had that stroke? He seems to go to a lot of fashion shows, doesn't he have any sort of a job?

royaltywatcher said:
He seems to go to a lot of fashion shows, doesn't he have any sort of a job?
Yes, he has a job. Actually, attending fashion shows is part of his job, since he works for Louis Vuitton.

Wallis said:
I think that gentlemen of the royal or aristocratic classes usually wear a ring on the pinkie finger symbolizing the crest or symbol of their family. I would like to know from the posters who know more about the protocols of the nobilty or aristocracy if this information is correct. I could have sworn that I've seen pictures of Prince Pavlos of Greece also wearing a ring showing his family crest.

Other than that, I hardly doubt he is missing his wedding band because of trouble in the marriage. He seems to be very much in love with the Infanta Elena.

I can't speak for Prince Pavlos of Greece, but the men of the British Royal Family also tend to wear their wedding rings not on the "normal" finger but rather on the pinky with the ring of their family crest. The Prince Charles, Prince Andrew (when he was married) as well as Prince Edward have done this.

In response to the comments regarding Elena's dress in Luxembourg...I thought she looked fabulous! While most will say she doesn't have the "pretty" features of her sister or sister in law..I have always thought she was a beautiful woman. Happy with life!

from diez minutos

Infanta Elena, of reductions

For days, the greater daughter of the Kings of Spain went of reductions.
Although Elena bought in the centric district in which lives, one moved of store in store in a Mini red convertible that she herself drived.
Among other establishments, the Infant was in Zara, a very well-known store in which the Duchess of Lugo acquired a very simple article and in that one was proving several models.

Vacations in family

After remaining half an hour, approximately, in this establishment, the Infant took her Mini ones, that it had parked in the door of the store, and, drawing for the intense Madrilenian traffic, it returned to its house.
Perhaps Doña Elena is preparing the clothes for her vacations in Palma de Mallorca, that they will begin shortly.
As it comes being habitual, the Dukes of Lugo and their children, Felipe Juan Froilán and Victoria Federica, they will spend its summer vacations next to the rest of the members of the Royal Family in the Balearic island.

http://www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es/carticulos/146355.html

Where exactly is the Balearic Island? What other royal members will be there? For example, is it unusual to have both Prince Felipe and King Juan Carlos are vacation? Or does one have to stay behind to represent Spain? By the way, I love the Cooper Mini. Here in the USA, most people drive SUV's and even though I wanted a Cooper Mini, my husband insists on getting me a Volvo Wagon. Then we have the nerve to complain about gas prices.

Wallis said:
Where exactly is the Balearic Island?

I hope this link helps...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balearic_Islands

Wallis said:
What other royal members will be there? For example, is it unusual to have both Prince Felipe and King Juan Carlos are vacation?

Grab a cup of orange juice ;) and join us at this thread :)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/summer-vacations-palma-de-mallorca-2006-a-10280.html

Since the beggining Spanish Royal Family travel to the Island and between Official Meetings, Regatas and Leisure Walks they spend there their Summer Vacations.

Wallis said:
By the way, I love the Cooper Mini.

Me too. My first car was a Mini and in that time it wasn't so posh to have one but I've always loved that car. Now they improved it and anyone looks really great and posh with one. Don't abdicate your dream:D - you're going to look great on it ;).

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Thank you mtbcm for the information. I appreciate it.

Dukes of Lugo inaugurated their new house throwing a party to their closest friends.

Here two pictures, from Hola, of some attendants to the party.

Cristina de Borbón Dos-Sicilias with Carolina Herrera and Princes Kardam and Miriam of Bulgaria​

(Source: Hola magazine)

I love the European ideal of bringing your whole family on vacations. It's nice to see the Infantas vacationing with their cousins and children. By the way, Carolina Herrara looks great in the above picture.

The Dukes of Lugo attended Wednesday 26 of July a funeral mass in Madrid in memory of the count of la torre passed away the past 21 of July

source: telecinco, "Aqui hay tomate"

fanletizia said:
The Dukes of Lugo attended Wednesday 26 of July a funeral mass in Madrid in memory of the count of la torre passed away the past 21 of July

source: telecinco, "Aqui hay tomate"

Fanletizia,

Who was Count de La Torre?! I thought that was Infanta Pilar eldest son title?! I've been looking for this information and I can't find it... could you help me?!

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom