Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 3: August 2010 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A note in Billed Bladet #32, 2012, informs us that Prince Henrik is currently at Chateau Cayx, where he keeping an eye on the wine harvest.

:previous:

Here are some pics of Prince Henrik taken at his castle on August 2nd.

Nice to see him wearing the Olympics shirt. Maybe a Danish member can explain who the lady on the photo is.

** ppe gallery **

Here are some pics of Prince Henrik taken at his castle on August 2nd.

Nice to see him wearing the Olympics shirt. Maybe a Danish member can explain who the lady on the photo is. ** ppe gallery **

Sorry, but I have no idea:)!

viv

Thank you anyway :)

Yesterday, August 21, Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik hosted the traditional summer concert with the Royal Life Guards band at the Château de Cayx in France.

The proceeds of the evening will support the organisation Prince Henrik's sister, Sister Catherine has created, it helps poor African children and young people in Burkino Faso.

** ladepeche.fr: Concert au château hier soir ** translation **

** BB: Dronning Margrethe og Henriks fest på vinslottet ** translation **

And here's a very nice gallery of the evening:

** daylife gallery ** gettyimages **

Last edited:
Really great pics. Seems like it was an amazing evening. And what about prince Henrik conducting the band...

Queen Margrethe has opened the exhibition "A queen and her family" at the Trapholt museum in Kolding today, August 31, 2012.

The exhibition shows portraits of the Queen and her family made by Danish and international artists over the last 40 years, many of them are part of the family's private collection at Amalienborg Palace, Fredensborg and Schackenborg Castle.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** jv.dk video ** jv.dk gallery 1 ** jv.dk gallery 2 ** jv.dk gallery 3 **

** tvsyd.dk: Dronningen i Kolding ** translation **

** BB: Kunstmuseet Trapholt udstiller BILLED-BLADETS royale fotos ** translation **

** sn.dk gallery: Dronningen åbnede udstilling med familiebilleder **

** bt.dk gallery: Se billederne af 'En dronning og hendes familie' **

Last edited:
Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:

It's the first time I've seen four rifles (Garand) used as a rest for a colour.

Notice the police officer in the video of QMII arriving in Aarhus. The DRF being around delights the uniformed police in the sense that they get to wear their white caps (kasket), instead of the usual service baseball caps. :cool:

Last edited:
That is one hideous gate!

It looks like a muddy ground.
Considering the prize of bronze and no doubt the artist's fee as well, wasn't it possible to create something that made just a little sense?

I don't have to have a degree in art-history to know that tourist ain't going to drive for hours to look at that gate.
With a little bit of luck someone will steel and melt the gate.

About a week ago QMII attended the opening of the annual Cultural Week in Aarhus.
A Spanish (perhaps I should say a Catalan) troupe was planned to perform for her, but they got stuck in traffic and arrived late.
The Master of Ceremonies was contacted and he initially thought the schedule was too tight for QMII to see the performance.

But then they chatted to QMII's driver, who put in good word for them and when QMII left the official reception after the opening of the Cultural Week, the troupe stood ready and improvised a performance for her. In the clip you can see QMII being visibly surprised then delighted.

A good deal of this video is in English: Stædige spaniere overraskede dronningen

Last edited:
About a week ago QMII attended the opening of the annual Cultural Week in Aarhus.
A Spanish (perhaps I should say a Catalan) troupe was planned to perform for her, but they got stuck in traffic and arrived late.
The Master of Ceremonies was contacted and he initially thought the schedule was too tight for QMII to see the performance.

But then they chatted to QMII's driver, who put in good word for them and when QMII left the official reception after the opening of the Cultural Week, the troupe stood ready and improvised a performance for her. In the clip you can see QMII being visibly surprised then delighted.

A good deal of this video is in English: Stædige spaniere overraskede dronningen

Thank you for this, I especially liked the Danish commentary 'NOBODY gets this close to the Queen, but for the Catalonian, it is natural! :flowers:

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik attended the grape harvest at Henrik's vineyard of Caix Castle, in Caix, Cahors region, France on September 24, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Prince Henrik has visited the Jutland Dragoon Regiment at the Holstebro Barracks today, October 4, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** dagbladetringskjern.dk gallery **

Thanks, Iceflower.

Let's go through the gallery, I have the smell of webbing and oil in my nostrils again.

#1: Prince Henrik in his dress uniform as a full general in the army.

#2: Taking a look inside a Infantry Fighting Vehicle, IFV. Which is not a main battle tank, but a heavily armoured and armed tracked vehicle offering protection for infantry on the battlefield. They are new and have recently been deployed to Afghanistan.

#3, 4, 5, 6: On the shooting range. Here using the M-10 I believe. Which is a Canadian development of the M-16.

#7: The "straw" for the water container on the back.

#8: Walking next to a lieutenant General and with the chief of staff of adjutants walking behind.

#10: Notice Prince Henriks buttons.

#11: Casually talking to the crew of an IFV. The two shells in the foreground are both anti-armour. One is a HEAT = High Explosive Anti Tank and the other is a kinetic energy shell. It works in the same way as PH's bottons should they fly off and hit anything.

#13: And it appears that something actually did fly off....

#16: PH also brough an adjutant from the airforce with him. He is standing in the background.

Last edited:
Thanks, Iceflower.

Let's go through the gallery, I have the smell of webbing and oil in my nostrils again.

#10: Notice Prince Henriks buttons.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

thank you Muhler for your wonderful insights :flowers:
and thank you Iceflower for the pictures :flowers:

:previous: Good grief! He's going to burst a suit one day! - Can you be charged with involuntary manslaugter if your buttons fly off and kill someone? :hiding:

You are welcome, Polyesco. :)

:previous: Good grief! He's going to burst a suit one day! - Can you be charged with involuntary manslaugter if your buttons fly off and kill someone? :hiding:

You are welcome, Polyesco. :)
The prince evidently loves his food and wine; but I like your image. Perhaps his protection officers will be issued anti button helmets!:flowers::D

I wonder where Prince Henrik gets his suits from, because a good tailor should be able fit a suit that would fit better....and not be a struggle to button up!

Thanks Fairy Tale :flowers:

Instant love. :heart::parrot:

No wonder, they are both colorful characters. :p

Prince Henrik visited the Rainforest at Jesperhus resort in Nyköbing Mors, Denmark, last week, October 4. Jesperhus is the largest flowerpark in Northern Europe. The Prince Consort was a little overwhelmed by a parrot who came over and sat on his head after he had named it and its mate Melisande and Pelleas.
Picture gallery Papukaija yllätti prinssi Henrikin Jesperhusin kukkapuistossa | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi

thank you fairy tale :flowers:

Henrik sure has a great attitude.
It reminds me of a picture, not quite like father like son but ...

Crown Prince Frederick, German Vogue Photo: Marc... - miror & derideo
;):wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom