Prince Joachim, Current Events Part 2: September 2005 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As you know our Marie was supposed to have gone to Bruxelles as well.
But she stayed at home because bette Henrik was ill.

We now know what was wrong with the boy. Prinsesse Marie måtte tage barnets første sygedag - Royale - BT.dk
Kirsten Baltzer Kahr, from the DRF pr-office said: "The little Prince was sick in the morning with a cold. It wasn't serious. He hasn't been commited (to hospital) or anything. He was ill, as little children are at this time of year".

Apparantly he is well again, because she continues: "It has after all not been serious, that's why I haven't got a status from Prince Joachim and Princess Marie".

In order not to start speculations due to Marie being pregnant, the DRF decided to issue a statement: "We chose to write a statement to the press, saying that the Princess did not go, because she is after all also pregnant, so that you shouldn't think it had something to do with the pregnancy".

- Okay. I guess the fair Marie decided to stay at home just to be on the safe side. You know how it is, small children can have a sky-high fever in the morning and be reasonable fine in the afternoon.

Last edited:
As you know our Marie was supposed to have gone to Bruxelles as well.
But she stayed at home because bette Henrik was ill.

We now know what was wrong with the boy. Prinsesse Marie måtte tage barnets første sygedag - Royale - BT.dk
Kirsten Baltzer Kahr, from the DRF pr-office said: "The little Prince was sick in the morning with a cold. It wasn't serious. He hasn't been commited (to hospital) or anything. He was ill, as little children are at this time of year".

Apparantly he is well again, because she continues: "It has after all not been serious, that's why I haven't got a status from Prince Joachim and Princess Marie".

In order not to start speculations due to Marie being pregnant, the DRF decided to issue a statement: "We chose to write a statement to the press, saying that the Princess did not go, because she is after all also pregnant, so that you shouldn't think it had something to do with the pregnancy".

- Okay. I guess the fair Marie decided to stay at home just to be on the safe side. You know how it is, small children can have a sky-high fever in the morning and be reasonable fine in the afternoon.

always better safe than sorry. Does he have breathing problems ?

always better safe than sorry. Does he have breathing problems ?

Well, he was committed to hospital when he was younger and Joachim has asthma, so perhaps he inherited something from Joachim?
I'm not saying that he has problems, or that he has or will develope asthma, just that the possibillity is there.

God :eek: Joachim looks so old in the last pic of the gallery. He's aging fast:whistling:

Prince Joachim has been guest of honour at the CBS Case Competition Welcome Dinner
at the Carlsberg Museum in Valby yesterday, February 27, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

:previous:
Thanks, Iceflower. :)

A yearly event for him, I believe.
And neatly attired as always. - As befits a gentleman...

According to Her&Nu P Joachim had to cancel an event (PA Consulting Groups seminar) last Thursday do to having a bad cold.

:previous: That's right, Danish Girl (& Viv).

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #09, 2012.
Joachim tilbage på job - Joachim back on the job.
Written by Trine Larsen.

But this Monday he showed up as the guest of honor at Carlsberg Museum for the (hang on!) Copenhagen Schools Case Competition Welcome Dinner. Feeling well again: "Absolutely, but it has been, if not national, then at least regional with flu and cold.
But now the whole family is well again. Yes, both Princess Marie, my son and my little daughter. The little one is really well and (she) is really taking in life".

Joachim would not reveal when we are going to see little Piaf (*) but he proudly confirmed that she is really lovely.

Our Marie and the children stayed back at Schackenborg to recover completely while Joachim met among others elite students from twelve international universities.

The purpose of the competition is for the students, having been divided into teams, to solve a very current, strategic issue for an acknowledged Scandinavian business. The students then ave 32 hours to come up with a solution, which will then be assessed by fifteen Scandinavian business leaders.
But the students don't come just because of the competition explains Joachim: "It's just as much the social aspect that the many hopeful/budding young people at the early stage in their careers meet students from other countries and (they) can start the networks, which they will hopefully use a lot in their work out in the big world, for the next 40-50 years".

(*) I guess we'll see a photo, when they announce the date of the christening. - But of course if they've all been down with flu for the past two weeks or so, we can hardly blame them for postponing the photoshoot a bit.

Last edited:
Joachim is today attending an international conference for officers of the reserves, which is taking place in Tivoli in Copenhagen. There are also more practical matches taking place at the Royal Lifeguard barracks at Høvelte.

Joachim is lieutenant-colonel in the army.

Reserveofficerer fra hele verden i København

Billed-Bladet - Prins Joachim til militærkongres

Joachim, being patron of the conference said in his speech: "I'm an officer of the reserves myself, so apart from being the guest of honor I also speak to you as a colleague".

In five years Nikolai will turn eighteen and be eligable for conscription, about his children joining the military he said: "I not only hope that. If the physigue is in order I probably also expect it".

- Joachim and Frederik have both been spared to serve abroad on missions. However, Joachim's children are so far down the line of succession that I firmly believe that if they join up, they can fully expect to be send out of missions abroad in the future. Whereever that may be.

Yesterday, August 20, Prince Joachim has opened the international exchange conference "Grow Abroad 2012" in Axelborg, Copenhagen.

It's a conference for organizations working with worldwide exchanges of young people in agriculture and young farmers. Prince Joachim himself as been in Australia during his agriculture studies.

"There are probably not many here who know it, but I am a farmer myself, and I have also been on agricultural exchanges abroad" Joachim said during his opening speech. "Agricultural Exchange is important for the individual. It allows you to reflect on the different agricultural practices, learning languages ​​and new skills. We also learn something of value for our life (...) - for personal development".

** Pic ** source: landbrugsavisen.dk **

:previous: Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

Yes, Joachim's exchange took him to Australia.

As it so happened the Regent Couple visited Australia while he was there.
He was to attend an event during the vist, where QMII (can't remember about PH) were present and Joachim showed up somewhat late.
There was a picture, I can still see it for me, where QMII had discreetly pulled Joachim aside and you needed no degree in interpreting body language to see that he was getting a dressing down!
Mother was not amused!! :mad:

:previous:
Follow up on the story above.

Joachim remembered fondly his stay on a farm in Australia, where he worked 104 hours a week and got a salary of 80 Aus $.
That was a part of the Travel to Farm exchange.
He points out the great personal experiences, invaluable knowledge, lifelong friendships, personal developement and not least professional experiences.
"Everything was fantastic. - I also got my first drivers licence in Australia, because there you only had to be seventeen, (*) so that alone was big and gave me an enormous sense of freedom".

(*) Eighteen in DK.

Thanks Iceflower.
Maybe its just me, but his hair looks darker than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom