Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: September 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...its a New Year and we start off with the DRF in all their finery, gala gowns, decorations, jewels and tiaras! A fine start to the New Year! I can't wait! Only the January 1st New Year's court gala has tiaras...not the others!

Last edited:
gattica28 said:
Yes...its a New Year and we start off with the DRF in all their finery, gala gowns, decorations, jewels and tiaras! A fine start to the New Year! I can't wait! Only the January 1st New Year's court gala has tiaras...not the others!

any guesses on whether mary will wear her wedding tiara or the parure Queen Ingrid left to Frederick? (the latter i hope)

I'm praying that it is the ruby and diamond parure! Her wedding tiara is too small and "informal" to wear to the grandest event of the DRF's New Year's Court! Or maybe...she will have a new tiara and jewels? Wishful thinking I guess!

pollyemma said:
no indeed:)

so....will Mary's party have tiaras!!!???? i hope so!

Absolutely pollyemma,

We can expect some Danish splendour this evening as Gattica said
:)

Personally, I am really hoping to see HRH wear her bridal tiara with maybe... the aquamarine, diamond encrusted and 5 row cultured pearl collier. They are such lovely piece's and I would pefer it (personally) if the parure was left for larger events...but time shall tell. Either way, it shall be great to see them out and about in their finnery. I shall be most appreciative no matter what jewels they sport.

Anywho, I'm going on a little break now so would once again like to wish you all a very Happy New Year.

"MII"

Last edited:
gattica28 said:
I'm praying that it is the ruby and diamond parure! Her wedding tiara is too small and "informal" to wear to the grandest event of the DRF's New Year's Court! Or maybe...she will have a new tiara and jewels? Wishful thinking I guess!

hmmm....I dont think she'll get a new one till a bit later in the marriage. maybe 10th anniversary gift. Alexandra only had one her whole marriage to joachim.

i think the parure would look great with that burgundy velvet dress she wore in australia (when she used her wedding tiara as a necklace.)

auntie said:
From what I've read,and spoke to people worldwide, is that people doubt the "by chance" meeting, or that she didn't know who he was, and her persistence in pursuing her goal. Fine most of us would try to catch a CP wouldn't we? But in what way?! Some people, (and I'm not saying Mary is) are so manipulative and ambitious that they get caught up in the act, untill it becomes part of themselves!
Please name those people and thier substainciated story and if they ever have been closer than a gossip magazine or an internetforum or not? I have also meet people with an oposite oppinion. The only source from that night is Beatrice, who arranged it all and she has always said that she invited Marys flatmate and that he took Mary and a couple of others along. And Beatrice has said that not even she knew that threre was going to be royals that night: Beatrice only thought that Bruno(nephew of the spanish king) would have some Spanish sportspeople that night. That is what we know, the rests is what some of you despesraly wants to put into it. If some of you desperately wants the worst. Who says that Mathilde and Philipe did not make out in a public toilet on thier first night. No one has ever heard THE REAL story on how Filipe and Letizia met Not thier own words atleast. It could be as innocent as Mini and Mickey mouse, but also a veery dirty first night. I believe it was normal, but those really dirty speculations has seem to be off the board for a long time when it comes to other Royals. I am sure all of them met in a normal way, just like wee do.

auntie said:
Again, from what I can see Mary and Fred are truly happy, but the whole "being perfect" princess in itself shows that something is wrong. Someone who is comfortable with him/herself will not fear so much to make a minor mistake or be natural (take Camilla, MMarit, even Maxima). The last sentence is my opinion and I am entitled to make it!
Is that your own personality you are presenting there? I dont se a "perfect" princess and what mistakes is it really taht you want to see? And what excact mistakes do you se in in Mette Marit or Maxima

Last edited:
Ad hominem attacks on fellow members are not valid (and are certainly not dignified) ways of making points on this board. Margrethe II, I don't know you and you don't know me - don't call me misguided (and then demand another person's post be deleted for doing the same thing to you). You cannot treat my opinions as you do, and then ask other people's opinions to be regulated because you feel offended. Let's just stay on point and not resort to demeaning other people who contribute to our fun discussions.

Also, I do not make any comments about Mary for the purposes of not letting her "steal the shine" of another favored princess. That's a very narrow way to look at things. It IS possible for a person to be critical of a public figure based on that person's merits alone, and it just might have nothing to do with anything else.

In conclusion, I would like to add that all crown princessses are unique and special individuals. Now let's move on to current events which is actually the name of this thread. . .

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

The bottom line is that it's absolutely ridiculous and naiive of anyone on this board, myself included, to think that we even have a vague notion of who the "real" CP Mary is (or any other royal for that matter.) We've never spent any extended period of time with her and we're all basing our like or dislike of the princess on photographs!

Do we know when we'll be able to see any photos of the New Year's events? I do hope Mary wears the ruby tiara...it's my favorite! It's so funny to me to think that I'd never dream of wearing anything I wore on my wedding day again (with the exception of my rings of course) but most of the royals wear their tiaras and jewelry again and again. I guess I would too if I had those kinds of gems at my disposal! :)

gattica28 said:

I really like the ruby parure, but I would like to see Mary wear the wedding tiara again. I think that with the right hairstyle, attire, and accompanying jewels that it could be made to look quite grand. :)

Much as I like the ruby parure, I would really like to see Mary wear a tiara that we haven't seen her wear before; something from the family collection.

Mary wore the ruby and diamond parure...the tiara, brooch and earrings! Just saw it on the CPMEMB! She's in a dark dress with a train!

gattica28 said:
Mary wore the ruby and diamond parure...the tiara, brooch and earrings! Just saw it on the CPMEMB! She's in a dark dress with a train!

wish she'd worn an open neck dress with the necklace. that's my favorite part of the parure.

oh well, she'll be able to reuse this dress on state visits to strict muslim countries.

gattica28 said:

Does anyone have a photo to post, or a link? I'd love to see!

Thanks, Josefine! I'm still finding my way around here!

about the reception Mary is holding for her own charities.

someone suggested she is not allowed to attend the one Fred is going to as only the monarch and heir may go? is that true?

Mary's New Year's reception is a simple non-gala reception for her patronages. And yes...she was not going to the formal New Year's reception being attended by QMII, PH and CP Frederik...if the New Year's receptions were not cancelled last year on account of the tsunami disaster, CP Mary would not have attended that New Year's reception either! By the way, there are traditionally 3 New Year's Court events on January 1st, 4th and 5th. Mary attended the one on the 1st...she will also attend the event on the 4th...it is only the gala event on the 5th attended by the Queen, Prince Consort and the Crown Prince for the branches of the military and their patronages that Mary will not attend and will have a non-gala reception for her patronages! More information on Mary's New Year event can be found at this site http://crownprincessmary.ipbhost.com/

gattica28 said:
Mary's New Year's reception is a simple non-gala reception for her patronages. And yes...she was not going to the formal New Year's reception being attended by QMII, PH and CP Frederik...if the New Year's receptions were not cancelled last year on account of the tsunami disaster, CP Mary would not have attended that New Year's reception either!

Do you have a real source for this? Like a memo from the Court or a reliable article saying Mary is only allowed to attend the first two "kurs" but not the last one:confused: I think it is very strange as Prince Henrik is there in his capacity of the Queen s husband and she would be there in the capacity of the Heirs wife. Where does it say she would not have attended it if she did not have her own event

The real source is the link I provided which provides a record of Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary's official activities directly from the official websites of the Danish Royal Family and the Crown Prince Couple! (A check of the website would have shown you that for last year's (2005) New Year's Court events (before the cancellation on account of the tsunami disaster), Mary was not going to attend the New Year Court for the 3 branches of the armed services either...just as she's not attending tomorrow's event for the armed services with the Queen, Prince Consort or the Crown Prince! Mary did not have her own New Year's Court planned last year either so she could have gone...but as I said, it was not on the official schedule for her ago.
Again I invite you to go to this link where you will find the facts to what I've posted here!
http://crownprincessmary.ipbhost.com/

Last edited:
gattica28 said:
The real source is the link I provided which provides a record of Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary's official activities directly from the official websites of the Danish Royal Family and the Crown Prince Couple! (A check of the website would have shown you that for last year's (2005) New Year's Court events (before the cancellation on account of the tsunami disaster), Mary was not going to attend the New Year Court for the 3 branches of the armed services either...just as she's not attending tomorrow's event for the armed services with the Queen, Prince Consort or the Crown Prince! Mary did not have her own New Year's Court planned last year either so she could have gone...but as I said, it was not on the official schedule for her ago.
Again I invite you to go to this link where you will find the facts to what I've posted here!
http://crownprincessmary.ipbhost.com/

I just visited the link. It is very interesting. Lots of great pictures. Thanks! One thing that called my attention was the fact that the family owns so many cars...about 100? That is pretty sad. Why would anyone, even royals, need so many cars...pretty disappointing. I know, I am off the subject, but quite an impressive amount of vehicles for the family.

From news.com.au

Mary's Melbourne rattler begins voyage

By Catherine Best
January 05, 2006

THEY'VE been rattling through Melbourne's streets for more than a century, but now one of the city's iconic heritage trams is going off on a right royal trundle.
A 1955 W-class tram is leaving for Denmark today as a unique gift to Crown Prince Frederick and his Australian-born wife, Crown Princess Mary.

http://entertainment.news.com.au/story/0,10221,17735503-10431,00.html

Roxsteve said:
I just visited the link. It is very interesting. Lots of great pictures. Thanks! One thing that called my attention was the fact that the family owns so many cars...about 100? That is pretty sad. Why would anyone, even royals, need so many cars...pretty disappointing. I know, I am off the subject, but quite an impressive amount of vehicles for the family.

Don't be disappointed. :D I don't think they have that many cars. Where did you get your information from? The only Royalty I know is the Sultan of Brunei who owes that many and has a garage specially built for them and kept them finely tuned daily.

Harmony said:
Don't be disappointed. :D I don't think they have that many cars. Where did you get your information from? The only Royalty I know is the Sultan of Brunei who owes that many and has a garage specially built for them and kept them finely tuned daily.
I think Monaco has a lot of cars too, but they are nowadays exhibited as te princes car collection. I know that they need a lot of appropriate cars for official visitors. MC rented brand new limousines for the last occasion so that none would feel treated less then the other. But some countries might prefer to own these cars for weddings, funerals, state visits etc. ( i mean where do you hire the required amount of rolls every time you need them;) ) Also they would have to have a certain security standard and that sort of car you can't hire easily.

Just my guess.

"oh well, she'll be able to reuse this dress on state visits to strict muslim countries."I don't think the Danish Royal Family have alot of connections with muslims countries.

they travels to such countries for state visits and recive state visits in denmark, look at sweden there was a state visit from jordan and silvia, victoria and madeleine had dresses more covered then usally
victorias second dress from that state visit has a different top today

Sorry if this is old news, but what is the Order Mary is wearing?
Pic scanned from Vanity Fair.

753177.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Harmony said:

I got it from this link suggested by one of our Forum members. It is really interesting and has lots of wonderful

pics.http://crownprincessmary.ipbhost.com/

"they travels to such countries for state visits and recive state visits in denmark, look at sweden there was a state visit from jordan and silvia, victoria and madeleine had dresses more covered then usally"

I cannt recall ever seeing a Danish visit to or from a muslim nation. Your example of he Jordanian Royals is a good one, they did not attend Fred and Mary's wedding so I'm not sure if the 2 countires have any links.

denmark does have fewer state visits then sweden it seems, but state visits cant be compred to who was at the wedding its about something totally different
l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom