The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 08:37 AM
Aristocracy

OKAY... I don't think it matters who is prettier or who stays up longer than the other one. I think they are equally pretty anyway. Back to Crown Princess Mary, does anyone know what she is doing next?

Old 05-05-2005, 08:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMary
OKAY... I don't think it matters who is prettier or who stays up longer than the other one. I think they are equally pretty anyway. Back to Crown Princess Mary, does anyone know what she is doing next?
Her first public apperance since the announcement is today. Check out the Fred/Mary news thread for more.

Old 05-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

muhahaha i bet Mary and Letezia aren't even jealous of each other =P for all we know they could be good friends ^___^ anyways, back to Mary...i just read that Mary's children will have to learn to speak Danish, English and French...why French? i know it is commonly spoken in Europe but does the Danish royal family all know how to speak it?
Old 05-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Frederik's father is French, and I believe the family (Margrethe, Henrik, Frederik & Joachim) always talked French at home.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
muhahaha i bet Mary and Letezia aren't even jealous of each other =P for all we know they could be good friends ^___^ anyways, back to Mary...i just read that Mary's children will have to learn to speak Danish, English and French...why French? i know it is commonly spoken in Europe but does the Danish royal family all know how to speak it?
Prince Henrik is a native French . So he speaks fluently French and I guess his two sons also speak this language . So the future heir will also have French origins, that's probably why they want him/her to learn French .
Old 05-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

oh ok...thanks for the explanation everyone...i didn't know Henrik is French ^__^ is he a French aristocrat or a descendant of the French royal family? hahaha...i just always assumed that he was a native Danish :P
Old 05-05-2005, 10:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

He's not related to the French royal family. He's an aristocrat: count Henri de Laborde de Monpezat.

When he married Margrethe he changed his French name (Henri) into Danish (Henrik), maybe that's why you assumed he was Danish.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
I don't think none of them would know what to be jealous of about the other. The media here in Denmark almost never writes about Letizia and I guess the same would be for the Spanish media about Mary. So unless they have some contact privately, they probably do not know that much about each other. It’s only us few royal watcher on the boards around the internet, that “yarn on” about Letizia this and Mary that.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
And Letizia is much prettier than Mary!
You are so rong when you say that CP Letizia is much prettier than CP Mary.
Have you seen how skinny Letizia is compare to CP Mary.
I don´t think that it is very healthy for a girl like CP Letizia to be so skinny, you can se alot of her rib in her body and i don´t like to se that. It looks to me that se migth be having a eating disorder and as we all know thos things are very dangerously you migth die of it.:( :( :( :(

Old 05-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
I don´t think that it is very healthy for a girl like CP Letizia to be so skinny, you can se alot of her rib in her body and i don´t like to se that. It looks to me that se migth be having a eating disorder and as we all know thos things are very dangerously you migth die of it.:( :( :( :(

Everybody is entitled to their opinons here. No opinon is "wrong" so long as the person believes in their opinons. Physical appearances are subjective, and while one member may think Letizia is prettier than Mary, others will not. There is no need to trample over the opinons of others just because you do not share those opinons.

Furthermore, the Spanish royal court has officially addressed the matter of Letizia's weight and have said that she is not anorexic. Any further discussions of Letizia being anorexic is pure speculation and gossip, and as such is not permitted as per our Forum Posting Rules & Guidelines: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=4920.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator
Old 05-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Courtier

Mary and Frederik dated two or three years before they got married. She moved to Denmark to get to know the country and Frederik better. They've already has lots of time to be together without others. I'm not surprised that she is having a baby at this time. Frederik and Mary seem to love children so it would seem logical for them to have them soon.

Letizia and Felipe dated a short time and then got engaged all in a few months. They are still having time to themselves that they didn't get before because their acquaintance wasn't long. They also strike me as wanting to wait to have children. I think they like children OK, but aren't necessarily overly fond of them. They will probably have more fun with their children when they are teenagers then when they are children.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:

Well, that's your opinion, for me Princess Letizia is very, very pretty.

Thanks Alexandria.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Everybody is entitled to their opinons here. No opinon is "wrong" so long as the person believes in their opinons. Physical appearances are subjective, and while one member may think Letizia is prettier than Mary, others will not. There is no need to trample over the opinons of others just because you do not share those opinons.

Furthermore, the Spanish royal court has officially addressed the matter of Letizia's weight and have said that she is not anorexic. Any further discussions of Letizia being anorexic is pure speculation and gossip, and as such is not permitted as per our Forum Posting Rules & Guidelines: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=4920.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator
Well i am sorry Alexandria,but it just made me sad that a person said that CP Letizia was more prettier than CP Mary is...Becaus who can a person jugde another person when he or she has never seen her irl ?

Old 05-05-2005, 03:53 PM
aninhas

Quote:
Well i am sorry Alexandria,but it just made me sad that a person said that CP Letizia was mor prettier than CP Mary is...Becaus who can a person jugde another person when he or she has never seen her irl ?

don't be agressive doll...

letizia is pregnant believe me i can see that in her eyes...
Old 05-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aninhas
don't be agressive doll...
There is no need to tell anyone how to react in a given situation and you have no reason to call anyone "doll." That expression is very condescending.

Mandy
Old 05-06-2005, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore
He's not related to the French royal family. He's an aristocrat: count Henri de Laborde de Monpezat.

When he married Margrethe he changed his French name (Henri) into Danish (Henrik), maybe that's why you assumed he was Danish.
Wow thanks for the explanation Hannelore! YEah i did think he was a native Danish because of the way he spelled his name :)
Old 05-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude
Mary and Frederik dated two or three years before they got married. She moved to Denmark to get to know the country and Frederik better. They've already has lots of time to be together without others. I'm not surprised that she is having a baby at this time. Frederik and Mary seem to love children so it would seem logical for them to have them soon.

Letizia and Felipe dated a short time and then got engaged all in a few months. They are still having time to themselves that they didn't get before because their acquaintance wasn't long. They also strike me as wanting to wait to have children. I think they like children OK, but aren't necessarily overly fond of them. They will probably have more fun with their children when they are teenagers then when they are children.
Are you serious? Have you seen Felipe and Letizia near children? Have you seen their pictures from their trip to Brazil?

Be clear here that I'm not discussing Fred and Mary fondness for children, I see clearly that they're very fond of them. My point is, samitude, that I think you're opinion is a little far from the truth in regards of Felipe and Letizia.

Take a look around in their threads, especially the ones which portray them with their nieces and nephews, you'll see that they are as fond of children as Fred and Mary.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith
Are you serious? Have you seen Felipe and Letizia near children? Have you seen their pictures from their trip to Brazil?

Be clear here that I'm not discussing Fred and Mary fondness for children, I see clearly that they're very fond of them. My point is, samitude, that I think you're opinion is a little far from the truth in regards of Felipe and Letizia.

Take a look around in their threads, especially the ones which portray them with their nieces and nephews, you'll see that they are as fond of children as Fred and Mary.
I agree; I think that both couples are fond of children, and no couple less. How can one say that one couple likes children more and the other OK? That is like saying that one husband loves his wife more than the other.

Before Mary and Letizia, both Frederik and Felipe were wonderful and playful uncles. Frederik in numerous photoshoots as well as family gatherings was always playing with Nikolai who beamed in his uncle's company; just as both Cristina and Elena's children were fond of Felipe. During the Sydney Olympic games when Inaki was competing still, and Juanito was about a year old and Cristina was pregnant with Pablo, there were several pictures of Felipe playing with his nephew during the game. And just as Mary is very comfortable with the children of her sisters and brother, so is Letizia with her nieces. Back in the fall Felipe and Letizia both spent an afternoon with Cristina's sons at the park, as well as at Christmas time with Letizia's sisters a day at the circus (or something like that), and during the Easter holidays with not just their niece and nephews, but also with Rosario and Kyril of Bulgaria's three children.

I don't think it's fair to say that one couple likes or is better with young children better than the other or that the other will like their kids more when they are teenagers. It's another comparison between these two women as well as between these two couples that is unfair to both of them.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Courtier

I'm saying that this is how they strike me. They may like children very well. I don't know them at all. This is just my opinion by looking at photos and videos only; and I do realize that one certainly can't just go by a videos or photos of public appearances. Some people aren't baby/little children people. These people probably feel more comfortable with older children and teenagers. I personally like babies and children and would like 5 to 7 someday! :)

It's kind of like a woman who used to work at the library with my sister. She said she really didn't care for babies much, but she really enjoyed her girls more after they became teenagers. I certainly don't think this means she loved her husband less then someone who felt more comfortable with babies then teens.

Whew....does this make sense? I hope so.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:46 AM
Courtier

mary's old driver licence
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00_12_sb.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	140751  

Closed Thread