Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 3: November 2004 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think that perhaps it's because the Danish Royal Family seems to use multiple members when sending a representative.

Spains seems (in my opinion) to only send the King, Queen, Felipe and Letizia out for official functions. Whereas in Denmark you see many, many members.

Official duties seem to be spread out among memebers so as not to overload any one or two people.

Britters said:
Spains seems (in my opinion) to only send the King, Queen, Felipe and Letizia out for official functions. Whereas in Denmark you see many, many members.

Official duties seem to be spread out among memebers so as not to overload any one or two people.

In Spain not only Letizia, Felipe, and the King and Queen are sent out for official functions. Infantas Elena and Cristina also go (as well theirs husbands, Jaime de Mariachalar and Iñaki Urdangarin). Infanta Pilar (King's sister) is a very active royal too.
It was not my intention to compare the two royal families but I think Mary is investing too much in her look than in hher work... huge mistake (IMO)

This photo was posted on the Scandinavian Royals Message Board by Kim. She said [font=verdana, arial]it was released in connection with one of Mary's charities, Hjerneskadeforeningen (Brain Injury Society) at their website. Fabulous picture!
[/font]

Attachments

• Hjerneskadeforeningen pic.jpg
    Hjerneskadeforeningen pic.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 388
Mandy said:
So you think that Mary is lazy... Do you realize that Mary performed 10 solo engagements within the first seven months of being a Crown Princess? Name another CP who has accomplished that? If I count every single appearance at the Copenhagen International Fair, the solo engagements add up to twelve. This is in addition to her engagements with Frederik and the Royal Family.

Except for the trip to Thailand, Frederik's and Mary's trips abroad were packed with activities. They each had solo engagements to perform beside the events they attended together. Not every single activity was reported in the forums and sometimes, pictures were posted without explanations so it was difficult to tell if F&M were performing a duty or not. Just because Frederik and Mary make it look like fun, it doesn't mean they are not working.

We'll see what is to do there. For 10 solo engagements: Get ready at home to go to a function (with help from the assistants) then to go to the car, arrive, get out of a car, walk, say hello/goodbye, receive flowers (to pass them to someone else at the end), sit down, give applause from time to time, listen to people talking, read/give few speeches, sit down again, walk again, go back to the car, etc. etc. etc. That is working hard? Gee!!!:rolleyes:

That is sooo true Australis!!! Being a royal is hardly back-breaking labor! lol. I believe CP Mary is doing an awesome job!

All this laziness talk directed towards CP Mary is just a little bit of jealousy. Until Letizia announces a pregnancy of her own, L-fans will be picking on CP Mary because she is pregnant. It's sad that such wonderful news is met with insult.

Donna B.

Donna B., I don't think Letizia has many reason to be jeaulous of Mary and I don't know why you wrote that. IMO Mary still has to learn a lot from Letizia.
Regards!

You guys are right, maybe it's just an issue of Letizia not being ready just yet to start a family. After all, she's been through a great change since being in the spotlight, besides, who remembers that it was also Princess Alexandra of Denmark who once remarked that the reason to why she waited so long before having Nikolai was that she was in a new foreign land, getting accquainted to a new way of life, and didn't feel the emotional stability to bring a life into this world. I think that this mentality that was adopted was a very sensible one as well.

However, Mary seems to understand that providing Denmark with an heir will be a remarkably important job for her as Crown Princess, and I think it's fantastic that she feels ready to start a family with Frederik.

Ladies, Ladies. It seems I wasn't too clear in my post. What I meant to get across was that the Letizia fans seem to be jealous of CP Mary and some got their panties in a wad when her pregnancy was announced. It's really disturbing actually. I have never seen anything like it. If something good about Letizia is printed or whatever, Mary fans don't get in an uproar and go to her defense, there is no reason to because one has nothing to do with the other. However, Letizia fans do get defensive when things go well for Mary and that's kind of obsessive and disturbing imo. I believe Letizia fans will be able to rest easy soon, as Letizia will more than likely announce a pregnancy of her own sometime between now and the end of the year. I hope that makes you all feel better.:)

Donna B.

Donna B. said:
Ladies, Ladies. It seems I wasn't too clear in my post. What I meant to get across was that the Letizia fans seem to be jealous of CP Mary and some got their panties in a wad when her pregnancy was announced. It's really disturbing actually. I have never seen anything like it. If something good about Letizia is printed or whatever, Mary fans don't get in an uproar and go to her defense, there is no reason to because one has nothing to do with the other. However, Letizia fans do get defensive when things go well for Mary and that's kind of obsessive and disturbing imo. I believe Letizia fans will be able to rest easy soon, as Letizia will more than likely announce a pregnancy of her own sometime between now and the end of the year. I hope that makes you all feel better.:)

Donna B.

Donna B., I'm not a fan of Letizia. What I wrote was that Letizia works much more than Mary imo. It doesn't mean that I'm not happy about Mary's new situation, but for me it doesn't matter if Letizia will have a son this year, the next year or just in 2008. I don't know if you know Spain very well but I can garatee you that people there doesn't want a Princess just to work a week for month, they want a real Princess, someone who sacrifice herself for the good of Spain. Denmark is a very small country, with few population and doesn't have links with all South America like Spain has, so Mary will never know what is work 15 hours a day like Letizia does.
After this, all I can say is that Letizia has a very hard work to do, and only few persons could bear all that. I repeat: Mary has to learn a lot from Letizia. And Letizia is much prettier than Mary! :D

Both Mary and Letizia are exceptional women...To compare them as to who is better looking than who..who does more work than whom..is a great disservice to both of these women! Spain and Denmark are two different counties with different cultures, traditions and monarchies! Both Letizia and Mary are perfect for their respective monarchies! How many women would have chosen the live they have with all the public and media scrutiny that they have to deal with! I don't think that many of us could have done or would have want to live the life they are living! In the end...both Frederik and Felipe chose the women they love..and in the past year both the Crown Princess of Denmark and the Princess of Asturias have done their respective monarchies proud! I wish both of these women nothing but the very best!!!! I wish them happy successful marriages, healthy children (when they want them) and continued growth and success with their roles in their respective families!:)

OKAY... I don't think it matters who is prettier or who stays up longer than the other one. I think they are equally pretty anyway. Back to Crown Princess Mary, does anyone know what she is doing next?

RoseMary said:
OKAY... I don't think it matters who is prettier or who stays up longer than the other one. I think they are equally pretty anyway. Back to Crown Princess Mary, does anyone know what she is doing next?

Her first public apperance since the announcement is today. Check out the Fred/Mary news thread for more.

muhahaha i bet Mary and Letezia aren't even jealous of each other =P for all we know they could be good friends ^___^ anyways, back to Mary...i just read that Mary's children will have to learn to speak Danish, English and French...why French? i know it is commonly spoken in Europe but does the Danish royal family all know how to speak it?

Frederik's father is French, and I believe the family (Margrethe, Henrik, Frederik & Joachim) always talked French at home.

hillary_nugent said:
muhahaha i bet Mary and Letezia aren't even jealous of each other =P for all we know they could be good friends ^___^ anyways, back to Mary...i just read that Mary's children will have to learn to speak Danish, English and French...why French? i know it is commonly spoken in Europe but does the Danish royal family all know how to speak it?

Prince Henrik is a native French . So he speaks fluently French and I guess his two sons also speak this language . So the future heir will also have French origins, that's probably why they want him/her to learn French .

oh ok...thanks for the explanation everyone...i didn't know Henrik is French ^__^ is he a French aristocrat or a descendant of the French royal family? hahaha...i just always assumed that he was a native Danish :p

He's not related to the French royal family. He's an aristocrat: count Henri de Laborde de Monpezat.

When he married Margrethe he changed his French name (Henri) into Danish (Henrik), maybe that's why you assumed he was Danish.

hillary_nugent said:
I don't think none of them would know what to be jealous of about the other. The media here in Denmark almost never writes about Letizia and I guess the same would be for the Spanish media about Mary. So unless they have some contact privately, they probably do not know that much about each other. It’s only us few royal watcher on the boards around the internet, that “yarn on” about Letizia this and Mary that.

Regina said:
And Letizia is much prettier than Mary! :D

You are so rong when you say that CP Letizia is much prettier than CP Mary.
Have you seen how skinny Letizia is compare to CP Mary.
I don´t think that it is very healthy for a girl like CP Letizia to be so skinny, you can se alot of her rib in her body and i don´t like to se that. It looks to me that se migth be having a eating disorder and as we all know thos things are very dangerously you migth die of it.:( :( :( :(

H.M. Margrethe said:
I don´t think that it is very healthy for a girl like CP Letizia to be so skinny, you can se alot of her rib in her body and i don´t like to se that. It looks to me that se migth be having a eating disorder and as we all know thos things are very dangerously you migth die of it.:( :( :( :(

Everybody is entitled to their opinons here. No opinon is "wrong" so long as the person believes in their opinons. Physical appearances are subjective, and while one member may think Letizia is prettier than Mary, others will not. There is no need to trample over the opinons of others just because you do not share those opinons.

Furthermore, the Spanish royal court has officially addressed the matter of Letizia's weight and have said that she is not anorexic. Any further discussions of Letizia being anorexic is pure speculation and gossip, and as such is not permitted as per our Forum Posting Rules & Guidelines: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4920.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator

Mary and Frederik dated two or three years before they got married. She moved to Denmark to get to know the country and Frederik better. They've already has lots of time to be together without others. I'm not surprised that she is having a baby at this time. Frederik and Mary seem to love children so it would seem logical for them to have them soon.

Letizia and Felipe dated a short time and then got engaged all in a few months. They are still having time to themselves that they didn't get before because their acquaintance wasn't long. They also strike me as wanting to wait to have children. I think they like children OK, but aren't necessarily overly fond of them. They will probably have more fun with their children when they are teenagers then when they are children.

H.M. Margrethe said:

Well, that's your opinion, for me Princess Letizia is very, very pretty.

Thanks Alexandria.

Alexandria said:
Everybody is entitled to their opinons here. No opinon is "wrong" so long as the person believes in their opinons. Physical appearances are subjective, and while one member may think Letizia is prettier than Mary, others will not. There is no need to trample over the opinons of others just because you do not share those opinons.

Furthermore, the Spanish royal court has officially addressed the matter of Letizia's weight and have said that she is not anorexic. Any further discussions of Letizia being anorexic is pure speculation and gossip, and as such is not permitted as per our Forum Posting Rules & Guidelines: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4920.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator

Well i am sorry Alexandria,but it just made me sad that a person said that CP Letizia was more prettier than CP Mary is...Becaus who can a person jugde another person when he or she has never seen her irl ?

Last edited:
H.M. Margrethe said:
Well i am sorry Alexandria,but it just made me sad that a person said that CP Letizia was mor prettier than CP Mary is...Becaus who can a person jugde another person when he or she has never seen her irl ?

don't be agressive doll...

letizia is pregnant believe me i can see that in her eyes...

aninhas said:
don't be agressive doll...

There is no need to tell anyone how to react in a given situation and you have no reason to call anyone "doll." That expression is very condescending.

Mandy

Hannelore said:
He's not related to the French royal family. He's an aristocrat: count Henri de Laborde de Monpezat.

When he married Margrethe he changed his French name (Henri) into Danish (Henrik), maybe that's why you assumed he was Danish.
Wow thanks for the explanation Hannelore! YEah i did think he was a native Danish because of the way he spelled his name :)

samitude said:
Mary and Frederik dated two or three years before they got married. She moved to Denmark to get to know the country and Frederik better. They've already has lots of time to be together without others. I'm not surprised that she is having a baby at this time. Frederik and Mary seem to love children so it would seem logical for them to have them soon.

Letizia and Felipe dated a short time and then got engaged all in a few months. They are still having time to themselves that they didn't get before because their acquaintance wasn't long. They also strike me as wanting to wait to have children. I think they like children OK, but aren't necessarily overly fond of them. They will probably have more fun with their children when they are teenagers then when they are children.

Are you serious? Have you seen Felipe and Letizia near children? Have you seen their pictures from their trip to Brazil?

Be clear here that I'm not discussing Fred and Mary fondness for children, I see clearly that they're very fond of them. My point is, samitude, that I think you're opinion is a little far from the truth in regards of Felipe and Letizia.

Take a look around in their threads, especially the ones which portray them with their nieces and nephews, you'll see that they are as fond of children as Fred and Mary.

Meredith said:
Are you serious? Have you seen Felipe and Letizia near children? Have you seen their pictures from their trip to Brazil?

Be clear here that I'm not discussing Fred and Mary fondness for children, I see clearly that they're very fond of them. My point is, samitude, that I think you're opinion is a little far from the truth in regards of Felipe and Letizia.

Take a look around in their threads, especially the ones which portray them with their nieces and nephews, you'll see that they are as fond of children as Fred and Mary.

I agree; I think that both couples are fond of children, and no couple less. How can one say that one couple likes children more and the other OK? That is like saying that one husband loves his wife more than the other.

Before Mary and Letizia, both Frederik and Felipe were wonderful and playful uncles. Frederik in numerous photoshoots as well as family gatherings was always playing with Nikolai who beamed in his uncle's company; just as both Cristina and Elena's children were fond of Felipe. During the Sydney Olympic games when Inaki was competing still, and Juanito was about a year old and Cristina was pregnant with Pablo, there were several pictures of Felipe playing with his nephew during the game. And just as Mary is very comfortable with the children of her sisters and brother, so is Letizia with her nieces. Back in the fall Felipe and Letizia both spent an afternoon with Cristina's sons at the park, as well as at Christmas time with Letizia's sisters a day at the circus (or something like that), and during the Easter holidays with not just their niece and nephews, but also with Rosario and Kyril of Bulgaria's three children.

I don't think it's fair to say that one couple likes or is better with young children better than the other or that the other will like their kids more when they are teenagers. It's another comparison between these two women as well as between these two couples that is unfair to both of them.

I'm saying that this is how they strike me. They may like children very well. I don't know them at all. This is just my opinion by looking at photos and videos only; and I do realize that one certainly can't just go by a videos or photos of public appearances. Some people aren't baby/little children people. These people probably feel more comfortable with older children and teenagers. I personally like babies and children and would like 5 to 7 someday! :)

It's kind of like a woman who used to work at the library with my sister. She said she really didn't care for babies much, but she really enjoyed her girls more after they became teenagers. I certainly don't think this means she loved her husband less then someone who felt more comfortable with babies then teens.

Whew....does this make sense? :confused: I hope so. ;) :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom