Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: May - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lizy said:
I love seeing photos of engagements Mary and Frederik do together. They look like they make quite an impact. In my opinion I think that together they are definitely worth more than the sum of their parts (not meaning to take anything away from their solo engagements - I just like to see them together).

I agree wholeheartedly. When they are together there is a wonderful rapport between them and it is enchanting to watch and a great opportuniy for the public to see the Crown Prince and his family (dog included) interacting in a natural and joyful way. :)

Lets face it.... life can be pretty intense, and the international news is not all that great. Shots of couples like CP Frederik and Cp Mary, and at the other end of the 'age' spectrum, PoW and DoC obviously happy, positive and enjoying life give us all a bit of a buzz.:cool:

soCal girl said:
I didn't even see Ms. Caroline until she was pointed out. I don't think she would wear one of Mary's dresses, especially one that Mary wore during her pregnancy! Caroline is not competing with Mary, she is there to assist the Crown Princess with her duties even if she is a beautiful woman.

what made you think that because mary lent her a dress she is competing? i don't think that caroline tries to compete with mary at all. she is the lady in waiting, and i'm perfectly sure she knows about her role much more than anyone here. moreover, mary must have lent her the dress and both ladies appear to be comfortable with that. it's just a gesture of friendship in my opinion and in no way a gesture of caroline wanting to compete with mary.

they both looked wonderful. i really liked the pearls on mary and the hair-do. it's a nice, french-style, clean look.

the museum looks really interesting by the way! is it in the centre of copenhagen?

Last edited:
i didn't notice her either, mary looked so stunning. LOOOOOVVVVE that dress, just love it. the detail looks intricate, the cut of the neckline is flattering, the whole outfit is beautiful.

The lady-in-waiting is on duty and not a girlfriend tagging along.

Just a thought: I wonder if Mary ever feels like her Lady in Waiting takes some of the spotlight from her? Does she get jelouse? They are both beautiful women, though each has thier own beauty. But Mary seems so down to earth and easy to get along with, so I doubt these thoughts cross her mind. How often does Mary get a new Lady in Waiting?

carlota said:
what made you think that because mary lent her a dress she is competing? i don't think that caroline tries to compete with mary at all. she is the lady in waiting, and i'm perfectly sure she knows about her role much more than anyone here. moreover, mary must have lent her the dress and both ladies appear to be comfortable with that. it's just a gesture of friendship in my opinion and in no way a gesture of caroline wanting to compete with mary.

they both looked wonderful. i really liked the pearls on mary and the hair-do. it's a nice, french-style, clean look.

the museum looks really interesting by the way! is it in the centre of copenhagen?

I do not think that Caroline is competing at all. In some past thread of Mary's Current Events, it has been suggested that Caroline does compete with Mary. IMO that is ridiculous. I agree that they both look lovely.

Yes, they are both lovely! I am totally digging the whole Jackie-O look. Never fails to impress!

Does Caroline really wear a dress that belongs/ed to Mary or is it just similar?
BTW, I thought that Caroline is quite wealthy on her own (family background and by marriage), but I could imagine that with all those very public appearances and the need to wear appropriate clothes some hand me downs as work clothes could come in handy. Though I would prefer to get myself some very classic and elegant suits and accessorize them with differnent blouses and shirts etc and consider them my work uniform. After all it is Mary the cameras shoot at.

Caroline doesn't need to wear different clothes every time she appears!

Alexandria said:
Mary is the epitome of elegance and class in this outfit! It just does not get better than this from head to toe! :) Princesses should look like this all the time!
I agree with you, Alexandria!
That dress is simply perfect, I must say!
I think I've never seen her so princessly looking!:)

P.S. - Does anybody know where I can buy that dress for myself?:p

Fee,
I don't think the dress Caroline is wearing is the same dress Mary wore during her pregnancy. While Mary's dress consisted entirely of lace (except the sheath worn underneath), Caroline's dress seems to be of chiffon or gorgette with only lace applied to the edges of the neckline, sleeves and hem. Very similar to Mary's dress, even in color, but not the same dress.

Wow, Mary definitly looks like a princess. She doesnt look trendy but timeless. It is outfits like these that make people icons. She looks great. She keeps getting better.

RachelD said:
Fee,
I don't think the dress Caroline is wearing is the same dress Mary wore during her pregnancy. While Mary's dress consisted entirely of lace (except the sheath worn underneath), Caroline's dress seems to be of chiffon or gorgette with only lace applied to the edges of the neckline, sleeves and hem. Very similar to Mary's dress, even in color, but not the same dress.
Thank you RachelD. You are right.
However I wouldn't have criticised Caroline for wearing one of Mary's dresses, or for owning the same dress. They are both certainly beautiful dresses, and both women have superb taste, and always look stunning.

Dressed like a princess, Mary is all style
July 2, 2006
Crown Princess Mary left her eight-month-old son, Prince Christian, at home while she stepped out in style at a regal European reception this week.
With her handsome husband, Crown Prince Frederik, by her side, the Tasmanian-born Danish royal attended the 25th wedding anniversary celebrations on Friday night for Luxembourg's Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa.
Crown Princess Mary chose a stunning, below-the-knee, champagne-coloured, vintage-style gown for the event, with her hair swept back into a stylish bun.
The couple, who have been married for more than two years, appeared happy and relaxed at the celebration, which was also attended by Prince Albert of Monaco and Swedish royals King Karl and Queen Silvia.
Since becoming a mother, Crown Princess Mary has quickly resumed her royal commitments, visiting the Baltic Sea Islands last month. The royal couple also appeared in public last week to reopen Copenhagen's Glyptotek museum after three years of renovations.
Speculation is already swirling that Crown Princess Mary is pregnant with her second child, although this is unconfirmed.
The royal has not been home to Australia since early last year but it is believed she might return later this year.
Source: The Sun-Herald

From AP
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9268/princemarynarrowweb300x40307jp.jpg
Crown Princess Mary wore a champagne-coloured, vintage-style gown to the royal celebration.

Mary looks absolutely beautifull and elegant in white dress....It´s great to see that she and Frederik mantain their complicity...It´s always great to see them together...They are the most beautifull couple around the world!!!!Mary is always better, more elegant and fresh day after day....

I think they have a wonderful style and together they look awesome! :p

I think Princess Mary benefit a lot for using the same dress in different ocassions!!!! It proves that Princess Mary is a very wisdom women and very ponder, who thinks not only on herself!!!

That white dress is amazing!!!! It is a great shape for her figure, it is modern, sexy but still appropriate for the occasion. A wonderful, fabulous choice. And every Princess needs an equally well dressed and handsome prince. They complement one another beautifully.

Nice pictures of Frederick and Mary! :) Thanks for posting the link. Looks like Frederick hasn't shaved in a couple days....:D

I think is funny and so adorable that Ziggy went along with them!! They must really love the dog!

Ziggy obviously plays a major part in their lives, wasn't Ziggy also on Mary and Frederik Christmas card?

Prince Frederik watching Wimbledon tennis match at the All England Tennis Club, near London, Britain

(from tv2)

purple_platinum said:
Prince Frederik watching Wimbledon tennis match at the All England Tennis Club, near London, Britain

(from tv2)

I think he followed Caroline Wozniacki win the first ever single titel for young players for Denmark.

Frederik, Mary, Christian and Ziggy visit Mary's parents accoridng to Face to face,

John Donaldson

Attachments

• 00990732.jpg
    00990732.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 320
  • 00990734.jpg
    00990734.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 297
  • 00990735.jpg
    00990735.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 376
  • 00990739.jpg
    00990739.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 277
Last edited by a moderator:
Has Mary's dad moved to Denmark?

ldt20 said:
Has Mary's dad moved to Denmark?

Yes. Because he wanted close his daughter and also son-in-law also but he can visit grandchildren than oversea

sara1981 said:
Yes. Because he wanted close his daughter and also son-in-law also he can visit grandchildren than oversea

Professor Donaldson is currently working at the university of Copenhagen in the mathematical faculty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom