The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Gentry

Yes, actually Frederik did go to a club and it was a Snoop Doggy party.. and get this.. half way through the party Snoop decided that he wanted more ladies at the party and decided to get rid of the men in the VIP section. Our dear Prince Frederik was one of the unfortunate men that had to be kicked out.. but his body guards and Snoop's body guards had exchanged a few words before a Danish clubber pointed out that Fred is the future king of Denmark!!! Snoop came out and apologized to our dear Prince who was absolutely down to earth and accepted the apology :)

Cute little story... lol Mary must be laughing her head off at this!!

Moral of the story: Take your wife/girlfriend next time you decide to go clubbing :)

Old 11-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Serene Highness

How bizarre! I wonder what Snoop that about the whole situation knowing that he did that the a Prince!

Old 11-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Aristocracy

I actually like Mary's suit that she wore to Brussels...some have said it is manly and boring...but think about it: it is a day trip, short plane ride, lots of airport transfers, etc...she probably went for something comfortable (she is pregnant AND flying), something crease resistant (sitting in car, then plane, then car, then venue, then car, etc), something warm (to cover her pins and that possibly looks good with a long overcoat), something slimming (she is pregnant but check out her legs in some photos, like I said "pins") and something conservative (the suit) with an individual touch (the scarf top)...So if you think about the practicalities (and that is why she pays a stylist) the outfit is PERFECT!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 05:03 AM
Courtier

Couldn't agree with you more Xeara!!!
I'm totally in love wif the suit she wore to Brussels.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, it's a very good outfit to work in the conditions expressed by Xeara but more it's very well done and elegant. Bur the scarve look's a little bite too sad for this outfit. Question of taste and color, we like or not! i like the executive outfits for women with a touch of feminity.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Can someone inform me who ask for this kind of visits? It was the EU headquarter in Brussels or the Princes themselves who wanted this visit?
I really don't like the outfit of Princess Mary neverthenless I think it is suitable for the ocassion and very formal.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Courtier

I agree with you all, she looks great! Business suit meets feminine blouse...and presto! You've got a hole in one!
Old 11-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD
I agree with you all, she looks great! Business suit meets feminine blouse...and presto! You've got a hole in one!
I agree. as i said before the suit looks boring, but with the top, it made it nicer. I think thats what a buisness suit should be, professional but yet fun. So it does not give a boring look to it. She knows how to dress (thanks to the stylists). Cant wait till the next event. Love to see them both out together
Old 11-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Aristocracy

I agreed with you dazzling, i think Mary looks better with strong clolours clothes!!! The suit settlewith the occasion...but as a very sad colour...the top is very feminine...looks great on Mary...very elegant!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Courtier

Crown Prince Frederik looked so uncomfortable in the video, almost as though he wished he could be anywhere else. IMO

I wonder if he dislikes attending those events?
Old 11-08-2006, 02:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1
Crown Prince Frederik looked so uncomfortable in the video, almost as though he wished he could be anywhere else. IMO

I wonder if he dislikes attending those events?
He often looks a bit uncomfortable when he has a camera coming close to his face. I don't think he exactly loves these very photo-intensive sessions. Mary seems more able to act as if she didn't have a photographer breathing down her neck.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane

He often looks a bit uncomfortable when he has a camera coming close to his face. I don't think he exactly loves these very photo-intensive sessions. Mary seems more able to act as if she didn't have a photographer breathing down her neck.

Perhaps why he prefers to be in the middle of the ocean on a yacht where the camera's can't get to him. It must be difficult having to attend such events if you are going to enjoy them. I would hate to have to.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Perhaps why he prefers to be in the middle of the ocean on a yacht where the camera's can't get to him. It must be difficult having to attend such events if you are going to enjoy them. I would hate to have to.
LOL - perhaps - or why he likes to ride a dog sledge in Greenland!
He'll just have to get over it I suppose; his mother did - or have at least learnt a technique where she can suppress it. You could definitely see that she didn't exactly relish facing a lot of photographers in her younger days.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane
LOL - perhaps - or why he likes to ride a dog sledge in Greenland!
He'll just have to get over it I suppose; his mother did - or have at least learnt a technique where she can suppress it. You could definitely see that she didn't exactly relish facing a lot of photographers in her younger days.
Oh, the poor man, I wonder how many times his mother has said, "If I can do it, so can you."
Having an outgoing and confident partner must make it easier for him but even so. I have sympathy for him.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:18 AM
Serene Highness

Mary seem's rather relaxed with it all , as if she has done it all her life , where as Fredrick looks so uncomfortable in the video. if I didnt know any better I would think she the born royal and he had only married into it .
Old 11-08-2006, 04:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have to confess that Mary is not my favorite Crown Princess but for this occasion it's obvious that she was absolutly right better than her husband.

It's clear than Mary is custom with this kind of professional meeting with a lot people who need to have to pay attention for everybody.

Good point for her, but for Frederik, please it's him who is the Crown Prince, even if he don't like this kind of event, he has to make up to the situation.

He seems to bother him so much that even Mary seems astonished. Then it's not a so complicate activity to visit the Heard Quarter of the E.U! Strange!
Old 11-08-2006, 05:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the same as all of you! Princess Mary as a lot of engagements mucht more than her husband and that is positive for her naturalness in this kind of events. I think Prince Frederick should ask for special help.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
I think the same as all of you! Princess Mary as a lot of engagements mucht more than her husband and that is positive for her naturalness in this kind of events. I think Prince Frederick should ask for special help.

Why in the world shoud CP Frederik ask for special help ?????
As i said in another tread :Just because his wife is having alot of work wher the press is pressent it DON´T mean that CP Frederik is not working at al.
Just because alot of members in the forum thinks that the website of CP Frederik and CP Mary is reliable with their workingcalender it don´t mean that he is not working at all...have it never come to you that he migth be attending alot of meatings without the press ?????

Old 11-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Oh, the poor man, I wonder how many times his mother has said, "If I can do it, so can you."
Having an outgoing and confident partner must make it easier for him but even so. I have sympathy for him.
Maybe he learned from the Charles/Diana-debacle and selected just the right kind of woman who would do the Di - meaning she takes the attention that he obviously doesn't like too much. A good choice, then.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Maybe he learned from the Charles/Diana-debacle and selected just the right kind of woman who would do the Di - meaning she takes the attention that he obviously doesn't like too much. A good choice, then.
I agree Jo of Palatine That's one of the reasons I've always found Mary to be an excellent choice as a Cpss; she's dedicated - and she seems to like what she has to do.