The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-23-2015, 06:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Felipe, Queen Letizia, Princess Leonor, Infanta Sofía and Queen Sofia attend "Amaluna" a show of Cirque du Soleil

https://twitter.com/ViktorKee/status/602194546093596672
https://instagram.com/p/3CiGV2P4SW/

Old 05-23-2015, 07:50 PM
Majesty

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/3011734.html

http://www.diezminutos.es/familia-re...lo-a-los-toros

The above post by angelica62 contains photos of King Juan Carlos, Infanta Elena, and Victoria Frederica attending the bullfight in de la Ventas arena.

Old 05-24-2015, 05:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Felipe attended yesterday the First Communion of his godchild Luis Felipe Gómez Acebo and his sister, Infanta Pilar grandchildren.

El rey Felipe VI |*Don Felipe acude solo a la Comunión de Luis y Laura Gómez Acebo

The family gathered in the house of Infanta Pilar after communion, and then went to the circus

Doña Letizia, junto Don Felipe, repite de nuevo en el Circo del Sol

http://www.bekia.es/realeza/fotos/ga...a-gomez-acebo/

Spanish Royal Family Attends Relatives's First Communion

Imágenes Y Fotos De Noticias | Getty Images
Old 05-25-2015, 12:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

More photos from the Acebo communion
Los Reyes y sus hijas y doña Sofía en la comunión de los hijos de Beltrán Gómez-Acebo y Laura Ponte
More photos from the circus
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...75&oe=55CA4A3E
Old 05-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It seems that there have been a lot of communions within the SRF recently! Congratulations to the children.

It's nice to see that most of the family turned up, though I wonder why Infanta Elena and her children weren't present. No surprises to see that Juan Carlos was absent.

It appears that Felipe is quite close to his aunt Pilar.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-25-2015, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes I was wondering where Infanta Elena or Infanta Margarita were,and yes no surprises to see the absence of King Juan Carlos as per usual.Queen Sofia and Infanta Pilar also seem to be close as does Felipe and his aunt.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post

It appears that Felipe is quite close to his aunt Pilar.
I have heard quite recently that this is not exactly true. All through his youth, Aunt Pilar had quite a lot to say about branches of family as sister of the King. Spanish children were also taught to not talk back to elders [correctly] and always be respectful. Since becoming king himself, Felipe has had to put his foot down on some of her demands and wants. Apparently she had quite a lot to say re the Cristina law suit and what she thought Felipe should push to happen. She now speaks in a less authoritative tone to him and was put in her place semi publically at a friend's formal gathering. I am sure Felipe still loves his aunt but respect for the king must still be given and her opinion no longer is of any importance. That must be a very hard thing for Felipe as Pilar is known to have the personality of a bulldozer. A very strong woman which her brother always favored.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

And Felipe lets his wife drive! Huzzah!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-25-2015, 04:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

We know she doesnt drink so I guess he had a few glasses of wine ...
Old 05-26-2015, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I have heard quite recently that this is not exactly true. All through his youth, Aunt Pilar had quite a lot to say about branches of family as sister of the King. Spanish children were also taught to not talk back to elders [correctly] and always be respectful. Since becoming king himself, Felipe has had to put his foot down on some of her demands and wants. Apparently she had quite a lot to say re the Cristina law suit and what she thought Felipe should push to happen. She now speaks in a less authoritative tone to him and was put in her place semi publically at a friend's formal gathering. I am sure Felipe still loves his aunt but respect for the king must still be given and her opinion no longer is of any importance. That must be a very hard thing for Felipe as Pilar is known to have the personality of a bulldozer. A very strong woman which her brother always favored.
Oh, I never knew that about Pilar's personality. He still seemed to be close to her at the communion because he was with her most of the time (judging from the photos), but after reading your post I'm thinking that was most likely because of how he was brought up to respect the older generation.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-26-2015, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

King Juan Carlos,Infanta Elena and her daughter Doña Victoria Federica de Marichalar attended a bullfight at San Isidro in Madrid.

Victoria Federica, otra taurina en la familia Borbón. Noticias de Casas Reales

https://translate.google.ie/translat...-text=&act=url
Old 06-22-2015, 08:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Felipe and King Juan Carlos attend the board meeting of the Cotec Foundation at Zarzuela Palace

062215 King Felipe and King Juan Carlos attend a meeting with Cotec Foundation - Images | jose gegundez | photographer

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Reunión del Patronato de la Fundación Cotec
Old 06-22-2015, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

PPE

PPE Agency
Old 06-23-2015, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I just watched a clip on the news about the awards delivering. What a lovely, heart-warming speech by Queen Letizia!

She referred Queen Sofia as "my mother-in-law" adding "I think that word never sounded better!" and told her at the end that would be hard following her path.

Queen Sofia, on her turn, also dedicated some words to Letizia: "now you will continue the job I've put so much illusion into. I wish yo all the best".

Article from ABC, with a video:

Do?a Letizia, a Do?a Sof?a, su ?suegra?: ?Me lo has puesto muy dif?cil? - ABC.es
Translation

Old 06-23-2015, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

PPE

PPE Agency
Old 06-23-2015, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

But doesn't "me lo has puesto muy dificil" mean "you made it very diffucult for me"? What was that in reference to?
Old 06-23-2015, 01:47 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe something like it's hard to step into Sofia's shoes after her good work for Unicef?
Sweet photos :)

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 06-23-2015, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Maybe something like it's hard to step into Sofia's shoes after her good work for Unicef?
Sweet photos :)
I hope so because it wouldn't be of Leti to speak like that
Old 06-23-2015, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Yes, that's exactly the meaning, something like: "You leaved a work that will be hard to emulate"

Tags
infanta cristina, infanta elena, king juan carlos, prince felipe, prince of astuaris, princess letizia, princess of asturias, queen sofia, spanish royal family, spanish royal family events