State Visit from The Philippines to Spain: December 3-5, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fanletizia

Heir Apparent
City
Madrid
Country
Spain
State Visit from Philippines

Day 3

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

Hosting officer SS.EE. The President of the Republic of Philippines, Mrs. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, and Mr. Jose Miguel Arroyo
Royal Palace of El Pardo

King Juan Carlos, Queen Sofia, Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia

Lunch with SS.EE. The President of the Republic of Philippines, Mrs. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, and Mr. Jose Miguel Arroyo
Palacio de la Zarzuela

Gala dinner hosted by Their Majesties the King and Queen in honor of SS.EE. The President of the Republic of Philippines, Mrs. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, and Mr. Jose Miguel Arroyo
Royal Palace

Day 4

Reception by SS.EE. The President of the Republic of Philippines, Mrs. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, and Mr. Jose Miguel Arroyo
Royal Palace of El Pardo

Day 5

Farewell officer SS.EE. The President of the Republic of Philippines, Mrs. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, and Mr. Jose Miguel Arroyo
Royal Palace of El Pardo

Last edited:
wOW! Our president has another visit to SPain... She must be very interested in having stronger ties with Spain :ROFLMAO: well, it's a good thing. Were the Princes not invited to the State Visit since I only saw Their Majesties on the agenda? It's a shame since there's a gala prepared.;)

The Philipine President also invited in her visit last year the Princes to travel to The Philippines, maybe next year, already we will see ;). The Princess would be delighted because her sister must continue there.

wOW! Our president has another visit to SPain... She must be very interested in having stronger ties with Spain :ROFLMAO: well, it's a good thing. Were the Princes not invited to the State Visit since I only saw Their Majesties on the agenda? It's a shame since there's a gala prepared.;)

They will be at the gala dinner according to the schedule.

The Philipine President also invited in her visit last year the Princes to travel to The Philippines, maybe next year, already we will see ;). The Princess would be delighted because her sister must continue there.

If that's the case I'm hoping that they will visit The Philippines and visit Instituto Cervantes here in Manila. I'm keeping my fingers crossed since it's the closest way by which I can see in person the crown couple (I'm a student at ICM btw) ;)...Yup, I saw a picture of Telma in a society mag here. I think it was about a Spanish celebration or something. When I saw her picture I know that face and when I finally read the caption below her picture, it says "Telma Ortiz" but no relevance to the CPss since royalty is not that popular here in the Phils. The visit will be tom...can't wait for the gala dinner.:ROFLMAO::lol:

It is rather unusual for a state visit to occur this frequently.

Our president is visiting spain once again, another waste of money, maybe she's a big fan of the spanish royalty.

And I heard she's bringing a big delegation with her and of course the First Familly.

It is rather unusual for a state visit to occur this frequently.
Although she visited Spain last year, it was not a state visit. This is actually the first state visit of a Philippine president to Spain in 45 years. The last state visit was in 1962 by her father, then President Diosdado Macapagal :flowers:

Although yes, she's bringing with her 3 senators, 35 congressmen plus herself and her husband- that's 40 already and maybe some more staff (?) press, assistant, body guards, etc. etc. They can fill a hotel already :D:bang:

Arroyo meeting King, Queen, president - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

If that's the case I'm hoping that they will visit The Philippines and visit Instituto Cervantes here in Manila. I'm keeping my fingers crossed since it's the closest way by which I can see in person the crown couple (I'm a student at ICM btw) ;)...Yup, I saw a picture of Telma in a society mag here. I think it was about a Spanish celebration or something. When I saw her picture I know that face and when I finally read the caption below her picture, it says "Telma Ortiz" but no relevance to the CPss since royalty is not that popular here in the Phils. The visit will be tom...can't wait for the gala dinner.:ROFLMAO::lol:

hey, what level are you now? attend their events, you might just spot Telma; that's how i got to see her. :D and i believe the society mag you're referring to is the January 2007 issue of Lifestyle Asia (with Imelda Marcos on the cover) and the event was the Flavors of Spain 2006 launch.

and i'm absolutely sure they will visit Instituto Cervantes and the other agencies of the Spanish government here when they do visit.

Our president is visiting spain once again, another waste of money, maybe she's a big fan of the spanish royalty.

she and her husband speak spanish at home, that's probably why. the Tuason-Arroyo clans are "old money" families who still speak spanish to this day.

And I heard she's bringing a big delegation with her and of course the First Familly.

yes, she does. she always does. those congressmen like to travel for free. damn them.

Mrs Arroyo has a lot of problems at home but obviously they are not serious enough to prevent her from travelling abroad (in the last days there was an unsuccessful coup):
Comment is free: Democracy decays in the Philippines

you tell me. :D DoM, if you can glean from our comments, you guys can see we don't have any love for the President. we're just here because of the SRF. :D :D

Last edited:
Queen Sofia isn't attending to the welcome ceremony???

That it's a big family picture! All ladies look great!

Thanks to all for the pictures!
I like letizia's outfit today!:flowers:

It might be just me but think the King is looking more cheerful than I've seen him in months. Its so nice to see him like that, he's a very charming man even at this age. All the ladies look great. Love Queen Sofia's shoes and Letizia's skirt.

I love Letizia's skirt, it's very pretty. Queen Sofia's suit is an interesting print, I quite like it. The Filipino ladies look wonderful as well.

Plus it's great to see everyone look so happy.

Princess Letizia was very correct and elegant.Simple anda with repeated clothes...thus she is like as the spaniards.:)

First photos of the gala dinner

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071203/721771dd898bag.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071203/721771dd80565g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071203/721771de039fcg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071203/721771ddfed03g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071203/721771dd84a8fg.jpg Very lovely top. I like what she is wearing tonight. I think this is the first time that Letizia wear this pearl tiara. It's nice that she wears a different tiara for tonight.
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071203/721771de0d5eag.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071203/721771dd8eb2dg.jpg I'm sorry to comment and bring this topic again, but I really have to comment that she looks stick thin in this photo, I love what she is wearing- the black skirt and lovely white top combination is really elegant, the red sash looks good with it too although it is a bit too wide- if she has more meat/curves especially the hips area, it would have been perfect.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics!
Princess Letizia looks really good tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom