State Visit from France to Spain: April 27-29, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I totally love Carla´s style!!:flowers:
Her two outfits today are fantastic, and her shoes, hairdo, make-up...all perfect :wub:
Letizia is also great, I love that dress, the colour suits her. And the Queen is amazing as always. The three ladies look great and relaxed, it´s nice to see them together. I can´t wait for the gala dinner tonight...

What a beautiful day!!! Carla and Letizia are both amazing!!!

I can't wait for tonight!!! Hope Letizia will have a new beautiful dress!

i don't mind the blouse, i think the white and black contrast is actually quite nice although the style of the blouse is definitely different to what one would expect to see in a state visit.

Everyone else would look in this outfit like a maid but Carla can pull it off. Very elegant and french chic but I don't think it's formal enough for the occasion though.

I don't think it's formal enough for the occasion though.
I agree. She looks like she is going to lunch with her girlfriends. Compared to her outfit to meet the Queen of England it's almost as if she didn't think the Spanish Kings were worth the bother...

The second outfit is on point.

Both letizia and Carla are beautiful . I have a tiny preference for Carla'a beauty, though, because she is more graceful than Letizia .
As for their outfit, I don't like Letizia's dress but it looks nice on her (nothing to say about her shoes :eek:) . I like Carla's dress .

I don't like either of Carla's choices for today. Letizia looks beautiful and so does the Queen. Carla should have bumped it up a notch.

I like Carla's outfit at the aiport, Letzizia and Queen looked lovely...though I wish Letizia could have worn something new.

I agree. She looks like she is going to lunch with her girlfriends. Compared to her outfit to meet the Queen of England it's almost as if she didn't think the Spanish Kings were worth the bother...

The second outfit is on point.

i don't think it was that bad. it was more informal than the one with queen elizabeth, but certainly appropriate. i don't think the king and queen felt 'they were not worth it'. i believe the pomp and circumstance of the british state visit was definitely not present in this one.

the change in outfit was definitely quick! and again purple, carla clearly knows what her colours are. i love how she sticks to what suits her and creates a style for her specifically.

i couldn't help notice how the media made such a fuss of carla meeting letizia. i could understand when carla met mrs obama that everyone was curious to see what outfits they came up with but letizia has clearly shown her UNinterest in fashion so many times already, yet people and media keep trying to make her want to be interested in fashion.

however, i loved letizia's repeated dress, just like i did last time. it's a lovely dress and the colour is perfect for her, just as the deep purple carla wears suits her beautifullly. can't wait to see what dress she wears tonight (and carla's!), i hope we see a new one this time!

Carla is outmatched, I do not like her grey shoes with the blue dress eventhough they are laboutins nor the white blouse, it is silly.

Love the colour of the dress of Letizia and she just is delicate and very feminine and outshines Carla.

Has anyone seen this perhaps it is in a different thread, eventhough there are comments that this is a picture of Letizia, the article is about Christina and 24 hours later the Huffington post still has not corrected it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/style/

Letizia outshone Carla today.

Personally I find Carla's style is incredibly overhyped with the same bland, dull look being repeated over and over again. Today's outfit would have been ok if it were not for the very cheap looking drawstring around the chest area. It was really tacky.

I think Sofia looked wonderful as well. She was glowing.

Letizia outshone Carla today.

Personally I find Carla's style is incredibly overhyped with the same bland, dull look being repeated over and over again. Today's outfit would have been ok if it were not for the very cheap looking drawstring around the chest area. It was really tacky.

I wish more royals would wear such bland clothes with tacky strings like Carla Bruni and have such boringly un-messy hair, its really a bore to see such a well presented first lady:whistling:

Im really looking forward to see the gala pictures, thanks for posting the pictures:)
alex001 said:
Not sure if this has been posted, but pictures from the Daily Mail (a British tabloid)
Carla goes curly but is upstaged by Spain's real princess in glamour showdown | Mail Online
I guess Britain is not spoiled with fashionable royals of their own the last years:D

Hope the first pics won't be too long to come! I can't wait to see the dresses!!

The Queen dressed in red with the rubies Niarchos, the tiara included.

The Princess with the silver dress of the dinner before her wedding, which has been renewed again and the tiara of her wedding.

Carla Bruni dressed in black.

Oh my god, this is fantastic! Letizia is looking great, I can't wait for tonight to see the gala dresses!

The Queen dressed in red with the rubies Niarchos, the tiara included.

The Princess with the silver dress of the dinner before her wedding, which has been renewed again and the tiara of her wedding.

Carla Bruni dressed in black.

thanks for the info lula. let's wait and see what the new arrangement of the dress is now. hopefully she will delight us with a different tiara this time!

Back
Top Bottom