Prince Jean of France and Philomena de Tornos: 19 March and 2 May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
See here. Her mother is from an noble austiran Family. And her paternal grandfather was the Secretary of the Count of Barcelona.

Thank you Stefan. Looks like her lineage is Cuban, Hungarian and some Turkish among all else. Is this considered a noble heritage in terms of bloodline or just haute bourgeoisie?:flowers:

Just a piece of information for the fans; I am not betraying a secret, apparently some pictures were shot, in saying that the tiara Philomena will be wearing on the wedding day will be turquoises and diamonds; It is of modern design and belongs to her father's sister. Thought this migt iinterest yoou, one week before the wedding.

Here are two pictures of the bride and her dress :)

Duchess of Vendome, Philomena de Tornos y Steinhart, bride of Prince
Jean d'Orleanse, with Christian Lacroix. The Princess is at the designer's
Faubourg Saint Honore atelier for a wedding dress fitting a little over
a week before her church wedding on May 2nd. Paris, France - 22/4/2009

Quite unusual such a presentation, but nice :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

the tiara is on the second picture on the left in it's box

From what I can see, the dress was very pretty (especially in the second photo). Have any photos from the religious ceremony been released?

Oh, my silly mistake! Thank you, Princess Robijn! This explains why photos of the bride wearing the dress have not been released.

Apparently there will be a big royal belgium delegation, prince Philippe, priincess Mathilde, princess A

Vincent , do you know why she is showing her dress, veil and tiara before the wedding..?
Is it for Christian Lacroix ?

I have no idea. I only know the pictures were made officially, i guess all the magazines received them yesterday and were able to buy them to publish them. We did not. To tell you the truth, i could more or less write a big part of my article for the wedding now, as the informations seem to slip out of the secret every day.

Guess what ? It is not a joke. Rachida Dati is going to the religious wedding.

Please, will we see the wedding on Television, and if yes, on which channel?

Sorry, but i don't think so. At the best there will be a flash a the 8 pm news on french tv.

Thank you, vincent, very much. I will have a look then, perhaps on France2.

Thanks for the photos, Vincent. In the first photo, is that a coat/cape that goes over the dress, or just a cover to keep dust off of it?

Pics 1.5.2009

Thanks for the photos, Vincent. In the first photo, is that a coat/cape that goes over the dress, or just a cover to keep dust off of it?
As far as I can see, it's been me who posted those pics :D ;)

Here are some from today:

Prince Jean de France, Duke of Vendome and Princess Philomena,
Duchess of Vendome during a reception at Senlis City Hall of Senlis
where the couple will be celebrating their religious wedding ceremony
on May 2nd. Paris, France - 01/05/09

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Was this a wedding rehearsal?

The photo captions state it was a reception at Senlis City Hall with the mayor and his wife.

Last edited:
What a pity the groom's mother wasn't there ! It must be very serious !

Horrible! m.me Dati is wearing a black suit, isn't she???

I'm really sorry for the Duchess of Montpensier, I hope she will recover soon.

It's quite astonishing to see just how badly dressed most of the wedding guests are.
The Duchess of Braganza is one of the few who even looks like attending a wedding.
The outfit of Princess Astrid is beyond words... a complete disaster, a very bad tasteless joke.
Unfortunately, I'm not too impressed by the Lacroix wedding gown either - the design is cluttered and busy, and the jacket, while probably featuring gorgeous embroidery, has a most unflattering, weird cut that ruins the overall effect.
Adding a baby blue ribbon around the waist in order to somehow match the turquoise tiara (which is not just an unusual choice for a bride, but mainly a very ugly piece) didn't exactly help matters.

I liked the Princess Philomena's wedding gown. It was very Lacroix: heavily embroidered and slightly odd design. The turquoise tiara and veil with golden trim matched the gown well. Hairstyle and makeup were flawless.
My personal favourties are Crown Princess Mathilde, who recycled her oufit, and Princess Claire, who opted for simple unfussy look. Princess Michaela's tin outfit aggravated by an odd pair sandals/shoes was absolutely unflattering. Countess Antoine de Gramont did a wonderful job of pulling off an impressive hat, but her outfits was a way too busy.
Is it acceptable to combine a formal ensemble with sandals? :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom