Princess Charlene Jewels 1: 2010 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it strange. The Tiara seems to be no more than a merchandizing prop. It is mainly used for exhibitions and cover shoots. But on the one occasion when the Princess really should have worn a tiara (Madeleine’s wedding), she went bare headed and completely free of jewels.

By the way, I don’t really think that the shape of the tiara suits her face. It’s a pity!

That was really strange. I don't really like how she wears it. I think it should be placed a bit more up the head and upright so that the sides go back insteady of going done one the sides.

That was really strange. I don't really like how she wears it. I think it should be placed a bit more up the head and upright so that the sides go back insteady of going done one the sides.

The pose is a bit underwhelming might have had more of an impact had the tiara worn with the Order of St.Charles and a bit more formal looking!

I find it strange...
I could not agree more.
But I also think, that the angle of the head is unfortunate - as well as the coiffure..... with another hairdo (and also another face expression) the tiara would look great on her
Bye Bine

Last edited by a moderator:
A very stunning tiara on the a beautiful head, this tiara fits her very well. she wears this tiara as the princesses and queens wore their tiaras in the years 1920 1930 like queen Elizabeth of belgium, the grand duchess of Luxemburg and so

Reine Elisabeth

I guess the hair is supposed to look like waves to underline the tiara (to me it looks like a hairstyle medusa would wear). I don't like the styling (hairstyle, 'outfit') or Charlene's pose at all but that piece of jewellery is stunning.

Why doesn't she wear this thing? It's gorgeous. :ermm:

She looks like she has just woken up and put that tiara on as a headband before she washes her face. And it makes me feel sad that she poses with a tiara for a magazine, but doesn't want to wear a tiara at royal events where tiara would have been needed.
The tiara is beautiful, but she wears it on a wrong way.

The way she wears the tiara to the front of her head reminds me of the way the African ladies in South Africa wear their headscarves/bandanas right on the hairline. Maybe she was thinking that too...

I have mixed feelings about the diadem because I dislike the picture: far too celebrity-like modelling and nothing which refers to her position. She could have posed in the fabulous Cour d'Honneur of the palais princier, or next to the throne in the magnificent Throne Room.

This person with that diadem could have been any model, despite the diadem. I am sorry to say I am deeply disappointed with how it looks.

I first thought it was at an occasion where she finally wore the tiara, so it's disappointing that it's only for the cover of a magazine and not for an event. Maybe it's Charlene's hairstyle, but I don't like how it looks on her. Maybe it's the V shape or "hairband" position, but I'm not enthralled by this tiara the more I see it.

Last edited:
Its great to finally see HSH wearing a tiara but I don't like this photo at all.

Ditto. She is an amazingly lovely woman who happens to be a Princess Consort, not a TV starlet. As I posted in another thread, the Palace should have released official photos of Charlene wearing her tiara...not casually posed on the cover of a celebrity magazine:ermm:.

Love it! Charlene looks stunning with this tiara. I don't really understand why she chose to wear it for a fotoshoot with Hola but I am happy to see her finally wearing it. Now if we could get official pictures of Charlene with the tiara ..... . ?

She is stunning as always (and a stunning tiara, although i still prefer the foam tiara of her recent new jewelry), but to me she looks like she's playing the role of princess rather than being one..

It is a missed opportunity. After all these years Charlène still not feels as THE Princess of Monaco. I have the feeling that she still misses the stature, the prèsence and the natural "grandness" as the First Lady of the principality. She still seems not knowing her place, she still seems overshadowed by Princess Caroline and the Casiraghi clan.

The palais princier could have used this opportunity to frame Charlène for once and for all as Son Altesse Sérénissime la Princesse de Monaco, wearing a stunning regal gown, with the decorations belonging to the Ordre de Saint-Charles, historical jewels and set in a sceney which stresses her position. For an example in one of those majestic marble stairways of the palais princier, or seated next to the throne, or looking out over the ramparts of the palace.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SK0L8CakXxg/Tb6pG8l6F8I/AAAAAAAAEok/EodsNZM6JW0/s1600/MON_Caroline1.jpg

Its a stunni g piece of jewelry. I too would have preferred her in a gown.

The Princess of Monaco Jewellery [Charlene]

I am interested to know what the text of the article is. Is there any specific reason given for Charlene to be wearing the tiara, do other pictures inside the magazine show her wearing other important pieces of jewellery? As I posted on another thread, I think this is bad judgement by Charlene to choose a celebrity magazine as the first proper outing for this significant item in what appears to be basically a fashion shoot. This tiara was prominently displayed in the Oceanographic Museum following the wedding suggesting its importance. Somehow I don't think Albert had Hola in mind when he commissioned it.

Such photoshoots should give Charlene some of the gravitas and the credibility she seems to miss compared to the other European CP's. I am a big believer in the power of visual image to make a statement, and I am afraid the only statement HSH makes by appearing like that on 2nd rate celebrity magazine covers is that she is...one of them.:sad:

It's just not a good image for Charlene, Albert or Monaco even though she does look very beautiful. She appears more like a celebrity than a princess, imo.

Hmm. Beautiful tiara, worthy of more dignified portrayals in my opinion. Disappointing.

I agree with all the sentiments expressed here. This magnificent masterpiece deserved a much worthier and regal debut (worn as a tiara) -- although I'm really happy to finally see it on her (head). As much as I like PC, I do question her and her advisors' decisions/choices at times. Missed opportunity indeed, as Duc_et_Pair pointed out... :sad:

The way that it's placed on her head though -- and I'm in the minority here -- is quite interesting for me. Very modern. It frames her gorgeous face and works well with the short hairstyle. As for the Ocean Tiara itself... 1,200 stones (70 carats) and designed/made by VC&A... what's not to love!? :heart:

I am not sure how I feel about the picture or the tiara.
The point that the tiara has -in my opinion is so unflattering.
I personally think the tiara is so much better as a necklace.
I dislike the pose and the picture in general as she looks too seductive for me.
Charlene is one of the most beautiful royal consorts in Europe if not in the world. It's a little odd to see her in a pose looking as if she is wearing simply a silk blanket "that has to be help on".

:previous: I have to say I agree wholeheartedly. I think this was definitely not a good move and think that the Monaco Palace PR team need a kick up the proverbial for even countenancing it.

Charlene needs something to make her shine in her own right. At present she lacks gravitas and shoots like this don't help.

:previous:
Quite right!

Amen to that!

:previous:
The last picture was the best. The most natural image. :flowers:

I don't mind the new tiara, but tiaras as such are not my cup of tea, really. But I liked Charlene's wedding tiara very much; I thought it was very "Charlene' in that it was stylish and there wasn't too much of it.
I'm a great fan of earrings, and Charlene has some nice ones. But I also like her minimalistic style very much; it's simple and classy.

:previous: If she hadn't done the "sprawl" with satin (sheets?) appearing to wear nothing but the tiara it would not have been so bad, especially as she has never actually worn it in public.

That being said, I loved the way she wore it with the gowns. It was a unique style and very "Charlene". I wonder if we will ever get the opportunity to see it "in action".

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-563Q08EU5...NeqoBKqPzy8/s1600/foto%C4%9Fraf+1+%283%29.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Pc_h7gMjS...AKTLUjuSHjM/s1600/foto%C4%9Fraf+4+%282%29.JPG

It looks magical with those enormous diamond studs.

I find a tiara is something that requires long hair to sit nicely. For me, they don't work with short hair. And that's why I never thought tiaras looked "right" on Diana either. For a tiara, in my book, you need long hair!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom