Sarah, Duchess of York Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i presume that the majority of the jewels the Duchess currently wears are loans but she did receive some nice pieces whilst she was a royal - the diamond cluster set and the ruby and diamond set which i think came from the Saudis as a wedding present. The tiara the Queen bought for her wedding was lovely and one of my favourite pieces and hopefully Beatrice or Eugenie will it wear it in the near future

any pics of the rubies given by the saudies?

There is a pic in Menkes; personally, I don't like the Saudi rubies--I think they're garish set in yellow gold like they are.

There is a pic in Menkes; personally, I don't like the Saudi rubies--I think they're garish set in yellow gold like they are.
How can I see the pics?

Does Sarah still own this diamond set? It is really beautiful and I would still wear it if I were her, but I don't think I have seen her in it since she was married. Maybe she had to sell it.

I know she got to keep her jewels, and I did a quick check but I've not seen where she has worn this set in recent memory--anyone else??

i have not seen her wearing the set since their divorce in 1996 and she didnt really wear it very much after the separation - there are a few pictures of her wearing the earrings but not the necklace

i would image it is being kept for either Beatrice of Eugenie

If she's wearing the earrings then I would imagine she has the necklace, too. I've not seen a trace of the Saudi rubies, which were a gift during a visit so they may be considered Crown property or something, but the tiara was purchased for her although she has nowhere to wear it anymore so that is probably being kept for the girls.

If the Saudi rubies were agift during a royal tour then they still belong to Sarah and are probably in a safe for the girls - she really doesnt have any need in for these stunning jewels in her current position especially the tiara

The earrings of the diamond cluster set were last worn in the early to mid 1990s (just to clarify my last post)

I'm not sure she doesn't need them, she does attend some events where a little "bling" wouldn't be inappropriate. I can't believe that the last time she wore those earrings were the early to mid 90's. What a waste!

i have an old 'Majesty' from '02 with her wearing the necklace at some event. she's pictured with Goldie Hawn.

Sarah, Duchess of York's jewelry!

From DPA:
favcsi.jpg

^gorgeous fringe necklace :)

:)
Does she own this necklace? I have not seen it befor, but clearly the best pice she has (nest to her Tiara)

No i dont think she did
They purchased the tiara for her.

Does anyone know what happened to her wedding tiara?Does she own it?

I still think that this is simply HM being cautious and trying to stem the tide of historical pieces leaving the immediate family in future generations. IMTS Diana only had the Lovers Knot Tiara "for her lifetime" and it was returned to the vaults after her death.[/QUOTE]
:previous:
I think that is a wise decision!
Divorce was not as common long ago, therefore the Royal-Daughter-In-Laws would be expected to remain married.

Love the diamonds!!

The Duchess of York never received from the Queen the yellow family Order?

I would hope that whatever jewels Sarah received during her marriage, she gave to Andrew for safe keeping after the divorce so they would remain available for their daughters and Sarah wouldn't be tempted to sell them.

She looks great in that pic, and the diamonds don't hurt!

Does anyone know what happened to her wedding tiara?Does she own it?

Sarah's tiara was borrowed from Garrard's for her wedding day and purchased by The Queen as a gift. She retained it after the divorce as her personal property.

She also received a modern diamond parure of necklace, earrings and matching bracelet as a wedding gift from The Queen and Prince Philip.

Last edited:
I can't imagine Sarah wearing a tiara again, but having two daughters and one tiara is a potential problem - best return it IMO ;)

I can't imagine Sarah wearing a tiara again, but having two daughters and one tiara is a potential problem - best return it IMO ;)

I don't think it's a big problem, each daughter can wear it for their respective weddings, then break up the stones and melt the tiara and make each daughter a bracelet or pair of earrings and Sarah can keep the center stone and have a pendant, then all three Yorkies can share in the tiara.

Back
Top Bottom