The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-08-2016, 03:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't like this tiara! Agree with ILoveCP looks fake!

Old 05-08-2016, 12:30 PM
Serene Highness

How can she be a "pretender" to the Russian throne? Only males can inherit the crown.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
How can she be a "pretender" to the Russian throne? Only males can inherit the crown.
There were many females who ruled Russia:

Empress Catherine I

Empress Anna

Empress Elizabeth/Elizaveta

Empress Catherine II

worthy mention regent Anna Leopoldovna

Try to google those names and it will come up. :)
Old 05-10-2016, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, but Tsar Paul hated his mother and changed the succession so that only males can inherit.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Yes, but Tsar Paul hated his mother and changed the succession so that only males can inherit.
Females can inherit also,if there are no legitimate male heirs left...

And in eyes of Maria Vladimirovna,every other existent Romanov Prince has contracted morganatic marriage and therefor is excluded,while she has married a royal prince.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:00 AM
Nobility

On the Block: Grand Duchess Vladimir's Star Sapphire Brooch | The Court Jeweller
Old 06-21-2016, 04:23 PM
Majesty

Veering off the topic ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
There were many females who ruled Russia:

Empress Catherine I

Empress Anna

Empress Elizabeth/Elizaveta

Empress Catherine II

worthy mention regent Anna Leopoldovna

Try to google those names and it will come up. :)
That is not a good list as none of the above ladies were ever Heiresses Apparent. They came to power as a result of palace coups or compromise by local power brokers. Empress Catherine II did usurp the throne, which belonged to her son. So Tzar Paul I's strict succession law is understandable.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
That is not a good list as none of the above ladies were ever Heiresses Apparent. They came to power as a result of palace coups or compromise by local power brokers. Empress Catherine II did usurp the throne, which belonged to her son. So Tzar Paul I's strict succession law is understandable.
While discussing Maria Vladimirovna and her claimant to the Russian throne Duchessmary said:"Only males can inherit the crown." which is not true.

And the Pauline rules say:

"The throne could henceforth pass to a female and through the female (cognatic) line of the dynasty, upon the extinction of all legitimately-born, male dynasts."

That explains why Maria Vladimirovna has claimed the Headship of the House.

As a daughter of the strongest claimant,in her eyes every existing male member has already contracted a morganatic marriage,so she is the only member (female) who contracted royal marriage...
Old 06-23-2016, 09:09 PM
Nobility

dose the kremlin or the diamond fund ever buy pieces of jewellery that had belonged to the romanov dynasty like the louver or they just preserve the pieces that they currently hold ?!
Old 07-21-2016, 12:03 PM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Elizabeth Alexeievna’s Diamond Kokoshnik

This tiara is certainly regal and breathtaking. One of the most incredibly beautiful tiaras I've seen.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

What majestic tiara!!!!
Old 07-21-2016, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

As some of the commentators on the link said, this tiara probably produced a major headache if it was worn for a long period of time, but what a wonderful piece of jewellery. The Romanovs certainly knocked every other dynasty into the dust with the magnificence of their court jewellery, and this tiara is a prime example of why!
Old 08-11-2016, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

This tiara is so beautiful!! I prefer the tiara with the pearls!!
Old 08-15-2016, 10:05 PM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Yusupov Rock Crystal Tiara

I find this tiara very beautiful. The design and diamonds are quite stunning.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
dose the kremlin or the diamond fund ever buy pieces of jewellery that had belonged to the romanov dynasty like the louver or they just preserve the pieces that they currently hold ?!
To my knowledge I haven't ever read about the Kremlin or Diamond Fund buying any Romanov jewels. The one time the Kremlin acquired pieces was the collection of Imperial Faberge Eggs that were owned by Malcom Forbes and he had left the provision they be returned to Russia upon his death.
I sometimes wonder if some of the Romanov jewels that have come up for auction and are bought by private buyers, that the buyers are Russian millionaires/billionaires buying a piece of history or for status.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:41 PM
Nobility

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...8561390bc8.jpg
dose anyone knows what the pink stone is ?!
Old 09-13-2016, 03:37 PM
Serene Highness

Bagration-Mukhranski tiara question:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/543176405035784908/

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1.../bagration.jpg

Does anyone think that this tiara could be the same or maybe similar? Second photo is a screenshot from 2009 Bagration wedding in Georgia. A lady wearing a tiara on the right. As it was not a tiara event I assume that tiara was worn by a family member or a Bagration relative.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Elizabeth Alexeievna’s Diamond Kokoshnik

This tiara is certainly regal and breathtaking. One of the most incredibly beautiful tiaras I've seen.
I wonder what became of it after 1925,was it broken up and sold off or is it in a vault somewhere!
Old 09-13-2016, 08:53 PM
Royal Highness

I'm afraid to take the guess that it was broken up and the diamonds sold to finance the Soviet Govt. I had also read that it's been speculated that the gold and other precious metals used for the tiaras/jewels were melted down into ingots and also sold along with the precious gems.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Bagration-Mukhranski tiara question:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/543176405035784908/

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1.../bagration.jpg

Does anyone think that this tiara could be the same or maybe similar? Second photo is a screenshot from 2009 Bagration wedding in Georgia. A lady wearing a tiara on the right. As it was not a tiara event I assume that tiara was worn by a family member or a Bagration relative.
I haven't seen these pics before, so it's great to see them now. I have no idea if they two tiaras are a match. The base looks different to me. It seems that the tiara of the wedding guest has a high middle part which is graduating quickly to a rather substantial base. The bridal tiara on the other hand graduates more slowly and evenly towards the sides. But it's difficult to see clearly.

Tags
grand duchess olga alexandrovna, jewels, jewllery, romanov, russian royalty