Queen Sofia Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks Zarzuela for the largest version of pearl' s necklace.

So, we can see that it's making with baroco pearls that it's very, very beautiful. I'm very found of baroco pearl necklace; it's not the most famous one, but they a true old fashionned charm very pleasant.

------------------------------------------------

For the Infanta Pilar's tiara, my theory it's the King who baught to her sister this somptous and very regal master piece: the other one very regal " the fleur de lys " looks difficult to bring for travel because its size.

As the event in Norway was important for the Kings we can imagine that the Queen want to go with a magnifiscent tiara and these of Infanta Pilar is; The question stills : loan or baugt ?

Last edited:
This Tiara looks really beautiful on her!
:)

UKpress

The Queen looks as always great:) What necklace does she wore?

magnik said:
The Queen looks as always great:) What necklace does she wore?
I think it's a new one! At least i think i've never saw it before! ;)

...JuAnItA... said:
I think it's a new one! At least i think i've never saw it before! ;)

Juanita, I believe that this necklace is actually an order given by the Thai King to HM the Queen of Spain. It's the same necklace that she wore last February on the occasion of the Spanish State Visit.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a golden elephant hanging as a pendant in the necklace.

You can have a better view of it if you click this link:

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/9985/13000152vv.jpg

Jewellery worn by Queen Sofia in the Infanta Elena's wedding in Seville:

- pearl necklace with a big pearl drop (not seen in the first picture). This necklace originally belonged to Queen Ena.
- pearl and diamond brooch
- pearl and diamond ring
- pearl and diamon earrings

Pictures by Corbis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jewellery worn by HM the Queen at the Russian gala in Madrid.

- Cartier tiara
- diamond necklace with a lovely diamond drop
- diamond brooch with a Lily flower shape (the heraldist emblem of the Borbon house)

Picture by Corbis.

The Queen wore the spectacular Fleur de Lys tiara for the celebrations of the Thai King in Bangkok.

Picture from ANP originally posted by purple_platinum

As it was foreseeable the cena de gala was so tremandous that the Queen sofia has to wear a stunning tiara and the "flower of lys " it's the most represntative of the regal tiaras of the spanisk royal family.

It's seem that the gown of Sofia is very, very royal too.

About the tiara that Queen Sofia was wearing for the gala dinner in Noraway, I'm just reading this information in "Point de Vue ".
It's more a rumor than a true fact that King Juan Carlos would baught all the jewells belonging to his mother, the Countess of Barcelone 's inheritance. It's mean that in reality this fantastic pearls tiara which was wore during the life of the countess of Barcelone by herself, once by the Queen, once by Simoneta Gomez Acebo, sometimes by the Infana Pilar, belong since the King mother's death to the king himself.

This hypothesis seems to be the good one because never since the Countess of Barcelone 's disparition, we have seen Infanta Pilar to wear this tiara ( if we can to consider that she had the opportunity to do it )

Is anybody has informations about the repurchase of the" bijoux de passage" by the King ?

adelaide said:
Is anybody has informations about the repurchase of the" bijoux de passage" by the King ?

Yes, at some time has been commented that the King wanted to recover for the Royal Family, some of the most important pieces, which for the history and for the inheritances had stayed in other hands.
In case of the tiaras it is normal, they are not useful jewels on that someone who does not come to acts of gala could put (but it is the day of the wedding). The tiara of pearls Cartier was of the Countess of Marone and the King recovered it.
Probably with this piece the same thing has happened. The tiara was not in use from the year 90, none of the daughters-in-law of the Infanta Pilar has used it, they have used other one smaller that she has, so I imagine that she would come to an agreement with her brother, in order that the jewel was going on to the collection of " jewels of passing ".
I imagine that the family prefers that these historical jewels stay in the family, and that does not happen since there has happened recently with the jewels of the sister of Queen of England that they have finished in an auction, in hands of a stranger.;)

A close-up view of the tiara, necklace and brooch that the Queen wore to the Norwegian gala. I think this is the same brooch whe used for the Infanta Elena's wedding, but she added a lovely pearl drop.

According to Hola, the tiara was originally given to Queen Maria Cristina from King Alfonso XII. No dobut, a very historical tiara.

Picture taken by myself from Hola magazine.

Last edited:
The blue stone

I think the blue stones in the second link are iolites.

BMOlivera said:
I think the blue stones in the second link are iolites.
Yeah.. it can be ;)
Well, i cannot be sure, we need a better photo of the ring.. :rolleyes:

The Blue Ring

I think the bracelets are iolites and the ring is lavender jade.

Here's another guess. It could possibly be an opal, too.

I got another zoom picture of the lovely bracelets that originally belonged to Queen Victoria Eugenie and we also get to see two nice diamond rings in Queen Sofia's hands.

Picture from palaces.thai.net

More details of the Queen Jewels in Thailand: (Pictures from palaces.thai.net)
1) Diamond brooch (fleur-de-lys)
2) Necklace (a Thai order)
3) Diamond tiara (fleur-de-lys) and diamond earrings

...JuAnItA... said:
I've a doubt: Just the tiaras, bracelets, necklaces and earrings of gala dinners and that, could be share? :confused:
The Queen has two types of jewels, which belong to the Spanish Royal Family and those that are of her property as personal gifts. The majority of the jewels that belong to the Royal Family, belonged to the Queen Victoria Eugenia, how for example the most important tiaras, the necklace of big diamonds with its earrings, a necklace of big pearls ... and some pieces more. The " jewels of passing " are a few certain, most valuable pieces, later the Queen has other jewels that belong to her, but it would not be strange that any of her personal jewels also go on in the future to this collection. The jewels of the Family are of the King and later they will pass to the Prince; in this case they pass from wife of King to wife of King ... they cannot go out of this circle ... I imagine that the Infantas will recibe other pieces that are out of these jewels, since the sisters of the King received.

In this forum there are several articles about the topic, because recently one has written a book.

Beautiful diamond necklace and matching earrings. It's the same she wore in Rome and Amman. Picture by Farabola Foto, Italy.

Great jewerly that The Queen is wearing it is also beautiful my favorite pctures are those with her wearing those tiaras.

I think Queen Sofia is the only Queen who will graciously hand down jewels belonging to the crown, to the future queen if she is alive when Felipe will be king. I think Sylvia, Sonja and Maria Theresa will hold on tightly to any jewels they wore before allowing the next Queen\Grand duchess to wear them!

The jewels that belong to the Spanish Royal Family, do not belong to the Queen Sofia, are of the King Juan Carlos, because of it several members of the family use the same jewels. The Queen Sofia will do with her particular jewels what wants, but on the jewels of the family will give the orders the future Felipe VI. ;) She will be able to continue using them, the Infanta Leonor will use them, but if Letizia is the Queen, she will use the most important pieces. The pieces of the family pass from Queen to Queen.

Definitly, but history has seen that some Dowager Queens kept for their own use, their favourate peices, even though their daughter- in-law was entitled, to wear them. For instance the mother of the last Tzar( Maria Feodrovna?), The late queen mother had a particularly hard time, and ERII, let her mother hang on to her favourate ones, and so did the late GDuchess Josephine charlotte.

auntie said:
I think Queen Sofia is the only Queen who will graciously hand down jewels belonging to the crown, to the future queen if she is alive when Felipe will be king. I think Sylvia, Sonja and Maria Theresa will hold on tightly to any jewels they wore before allowing the next Queen\Grand duchess to wear them!

But the swedish Jewels are not owned by the Queen the are owned by the Bernadotte Foundation so i think when Victoria succeeds to the Throne she has the right to use all Tiaras of the Collection, i think if Silvia is still alive then the will share the major Tiaras for Example Victoria wears the Leuchtenberg-Sapphirs and Silvia the Nine-Pronge-Tiara and i think in Norway King Olav V. decided that the major Tiaras (like the Emerald Parure, the Desiree-Tiara and Queen Mauds pearl-Tiara) should always belong to the reigning Monarch so Mette-Marit will probably have any right to use them after Haakon ascends to the Throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom