Queen Letizia Jewels: June 2014 - Dec. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I certainly didn't expected to see the day she wears the big ones. Hopefully the other one at their Japan visit :D

Those are the earrings from the joyas de pasar, and the bracelets too! She has got everything out of the vault ;)

They found the keys then Annie ;););)

They are absolutely stunning pieces and great to see queen Letizia wearing them!

Nice to see another tiara on Letizia. The leur de lys tiara looks great on her. I think almost better then i did on Queen Sofia. I find it a bit surprising that the choose to wear it for the first time at a State Visit from a Republic. I think with 2 exceptions Queen Sofia wore it only for State Vists from or to monarchies.

Those are the earrings from the joyas de pasar, and the bracelets too! She has got everything out of the vault ;)
Only the diamond collet necklace is missing.

Love Letitia's look tonight, especially the tiara. Unfortunately that sash is so wide that it just overwhelms her.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Cristina/Inaki's case being "over"? Like, now that that is over, I can wear more jewelry? idk but it is nice to see the tiara on her at least once. :flowers:

From a diplomatic perspective, it shows Spain giving importance to Argentina and Latin America. Plus maybe they really hated Kirchner, plus, on the style front, if the fashionable Juliana Awada is coming to town, you know to bring out the big guns. A queen should not be upstaged by a first lady. :D

Wow, this is an unexpected sight! :D I'm very happy, of course.

It is big, to be sure. But with heirlooms you can't be nit-picky about the size, you have to take them as they come. And Queen Letizia wears La Buena well, with a good updo and panache. That she also wears the two bracelets is amazing. Let's hope that the jewels drought is over.

I think she looks very good, it looks better on her than I had expected. Assuming it's a VERY HARD tiara to pull off and looks too big in everyone, IMO, it also looked too big on Sofia.

Next time she could try to give more volume on her hair in the top part, maybe she would get a better balance.

She does wear it good! I disagree with the hairdo, a wider dress would give more balance imo.

I agree Annie, some more volume to the hair could be an improvement.

And maybe a bigger skirt would outbalance it a bit. The very simple, slim dress highlighted her slight frame, so that the size of the tiara was highlighted. On the other hand, the simple dress let the jewels speak for themselves, there was nothing busy or distracting. Maybe we need many more appearances of La Buena before we can judge on the best way to wear it. :D I can't wait to see it again! (Looks like I'm very greedy, doesn't it?)

I don't like how the tiara stays on Letizia's head :(. I think her head is too small for such a tiara; it looks as though it were photoshopped...

Nice to see another tiara on Letizia. The leur de lys tiara looks great on her. I think almost better then i did on Queen Sofia. I find it a bit surprising that the choose to wear it for the first time at a State Visit from a Republic. I think with 2 exceptions Queen Sofia wore it only for State Vists from or to monarchies.

Yes you are right Sofia wore it once for a state visit from Greece in the late 80s or early 90s, i cant remeber the date, and she wore it for 60th anniversary of King Bhumibol and her last state visit as Queen in 2014 ( state visit from mexico)

Wow, that is a great surprise!

I did not expect the Ansorena tiara to appear any time soon either. I feared it would be overwhelming on the queen. But it looks much better than I thought, although it surely is a large tiara. Great earrings too! And a nice idea to wear a simple dress and let the jewels speak.
Let's hope that HM will wear the tiara many more times in the future.

At first I thought the tiara a little too big for Letizia's head, but in those photos she looks very beautiful.

It's a rare treat to get to see the current Queen of Spain in a tiara.:)

lovinlorne from order of splendor is keeping doing a great job she photoshopped the tiara with the dress from the state visit of peru in 2015 i think it looks more balanced with a dress that have a big ball gown skirt , but all in all i would never complain after seeing LA BUENA!!!
a77b5436bd9ece10ad1b42a94cc65396e4a4303715c350cbc06c039f70e605bc.jpg

I think the tiara is waaay too big on Letizia's head to be flattering. To be fair it would likely be big on anyone but it's completely out of proportion here. Between that, the sash, the earrings and the overly dramatic eye make up it looks a little silly.

I do really like the dress!

I second that the tiara is unfortunately too big for letizias tiny frame. I'm glad she used it finally though! Had the idea we would never see it on her.

However odd timing to use it! I would have expected it to be used in some event with foreign royalty who would all wear tiaras rather than to a state visit with a republic country whose First Lady won't use any tiaras. It completely overshadows the guests so unfortunately this was not the perfect time to debut it in my opinion. Queen Margrethes 75th birthday bash, the state visit to Japan which is coming or the one which was supposed to take place in the uk would have been the right environment to use it!

lovinlorne from order of splendor is keeping doing a great job she photoshopped the tiara with the dress from the state visit of peru in 2015 i think it looks more balanced with a dress that have a big ball gown skirt , but all in all i would never complain after seeing LA BUENA!!!
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...94cc65396e4a4303715c350cbc06c039f70e605bc.jpg
La Buena is certainly magnificent and I am pleasantly surprised the Letizia can pull it off. However it does look top-heavy worn with such an oversized sash and is not helped by the slimline black dress. Next to the Argentinian First Lady she looks positively funereal.

Next time she needs to 'go large' from tip to toe. Even the First Lady has more light and balance with the lighter material, lighter colour and larger volume in the skirt, so much so that she almost managed to eclipse Letizia wearing La Bueno.

http://img1.woman.es/14/68/8f/letizia-ortiz-juliana-awada-palacio-real-madrid-650x1161.jpg

However, when looking at lovinlorne's photoshop from OOS we can see that balance is everything and, with a gown like that even tiny Letizia looks every inch a Queen. So, next time she decides to dust off the vault and haul out some serious jewellery, I hope she looks to her gown as well.

Oh my goodness!!!! She looks absolutely fabulous and every inch the Queen that she is!!!

I think she looks perfect and that photoshopped pic with the voluminous skirt makes her look like a beauty queen who just won a pageant or a prom queen (all it needs is a scepter). She has a slight frame, she has to be careful with volume or she'll look girly.

What I particularly love about this look is it fits with this image, not only of a modern Queen but of a modern Spanish Queen. I simply can't imagine any other European Queen with this look. The Spaniards to me always strike this perfect balance of stark severity and drama at the same time and this look is exactly that. Add in the element of history and it's as Spanish as it can get.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom