Queen Letizia Jewels: June 2014 - Dec. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like this tiara, it looks like a prom tiara. Not liking the pearls on spikes either. Not a good design but it suits Letizia's minimalistic approach. The earrings fit very will with the tiara. And good so see something new after all. It would be a great tiara for Leonor's first event.

Last edited:
I wonder if they are Cartier?

Happy to finally see the new tiara in action. Nice choice of earrings. Loving the new? brooch too. What is the story with her bracelet?

It's good to see Queen Letizia wearing a ring again, I always felt something was missing when she doesn't wear them!
But to recap, the Cartier ring is a replacement for her engagement ring - is that right?

Queen Letizia looks fabulous tonight! The tiara worn is really fantastic, it's incredibly better than shown alone. It suits the Queen very much.

What a great surprise to see this tiara. It actually exists! It is not as bad as I thought it would be. It is great to see it and the pearls really suit her. The tiara is larger than I thought it would be. Still, all the other tiaras in the Spanish collection are far superior in design and quality of stones.

This tiara is special. This was given by her husband, and this is her very own tiara.

Shocker that Letizia wore this new tiara - i wonder was it because the event was outside of Spain she felt it was the right time to debut it. Im yet fully undecided if i truely like it - in some pictures i do and other angels i dont

However tonight would have been a night to debut one of the 'Queen' tiaras as it was her first major royal event as Queen amongst other royals. But i get this strong feeling that Letizia will not wear the jewels reserved for the Queen while Sofia is alive - i think that Sofia will continue to use them to events she is at and Letizia will wear other tiaras and that this new personal tiara will be her main tiara.

As many have said this tiara would be perfect in years to come for Leonor or Sofia.

Great to see the Cartier bangle return one of my favourite pieces of hers. Lovely new brooch as well. And her pearl earrings are fab. She was the diamond and pearl Queen tonight

I really like this tiara. It's great to see something new and I think Letizia can wear almost anything anyway.

Yes. The ring is Bulgari. So nice to see Letizua with so much jewels. The clip brooch. Love those!!!!

Gorgeous tiara which suits her face perfectly. Love the fleur de lis. I want the Bulgaria ring!

I think the new tiara is nice and it suits Letizia but in my opinion the 2 other diamond and pearl tiara in the spanish RF are more beautiful. And it was unforunate that the base of the new tiara was showing so much.

Its a great occasion to wear a new tiara IMO and I do like the size of it but I am not fond of the style, I think there are much nicer tiara's in the royal family collection.
Hmm, the jury is still out . . .

http://dutchphotopress.com/scripts/render.php?image=838552f62ff42bbb143321263

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCpriJwUkAEPyvO.jpg

Hmm, the base is showing at the front and her hair looks very flat but from the sides . . . one of the nicest tiara updo's I have seen her wear.

Hmm, an article in hola suggested it could be either pearls or diamonds, I am assuming the meant interchangeable spike tops. But the middle bit, seen often as a brooch, seems sort of insignificant with the two towering pearl tops either side.

This tiara is special. This was given by her husband, and this is her very own tiara.

Sorry, that is not true. It was not a gift from Felipe.

The new tiara was a gift from Ansorena to Letizia after her wedding. They had made jewels for the Royal Spanish Family and they wanted to offer a tiara as a present to the new member of the royal family.

You know I could be way off but I think that tiara gave Letizia a little spring in her step. She seems to really feel good and it shows. I may be wrong but sometimes she seems.like this whole thing is not her. You go Letizia!! You are beautiful!!

Sorry, that is not true. It was not a gift from Felipe.

The new tiara was a gift from Ansorena to Letizia after her wedding. They had made jewels for the Royal Spanish Family and they wanted to offer a tiara as a present to the new member of the royal family.

I think it is fair to say that, from the perspective of the public, there is a reasonable doubt as to who paid for the tiara. Unless I am missing something, there has been no confirmation from either side, other than speculation.

OMG! The biggest tiara surprise since Marie-Chantal donned the big diamond Greek tiara in 2012! WOW! I LOVE THIS one on her!

I am not so enthusiastic about it. Yes... refreshing to see something new but the design is mediocre, there are no surprise stones in it, probably it are real diamonds but it could have been zirconias (diamond simulants) too. The pearls are a bit too big for the frame and it remains a mystery how it was attached to the frame. There is no "claw" or screw visible. It looks like glued to it. All this makes it looking more a fancy diadem from a bridal shoppe than a diadem from a House which once produced superior class jewelry.

From Getty Images: http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/469827298-queen-letizia-of-spain-attends-a-gala-dinner-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QUOwla2fo8gJ4uhSHrYuBHvbURwl3%2bk%2fSaWWGe4iOUREDEZ4WVsl%2btZlXJsuyuD%2fxA%3d%3d

OMG! The biggest tiara surprise since Marie-Chantal donned the big diamond Greek tiara in 2012! WOW! I LOVE THIS one on her!
:DAh, that was a surprise as well. And before that there was Princess Maxima wearing the ruby peacock tiara when everybody thought that it was sold.

I am not so enthusiastic about it. Yes... refreshing to see something new but the design is mediocre, there are no surprise stones in it, probably it are real diamonds but it could have been zirconias (diamond simulants) too. The pearls are a bit too big for the frame and it remains a mystery how it was attached to the frame. There is no "claw" or screw visible. It looks like glued to it. All this makes it looking more a fancy diadem from a bridal shoppe than a diadem from a House which once produced superior class jewelry.

From Getty Images: http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/469827298-queen-letizia-of-spain-attends-a-gala-dinner-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QUOwla2fo8gJ4uhSHrYuBHvbURwl3%2bk%2fSaWWGe4iOUREDEZ4WVsl%2btZlXJsuyuD%2fxA%3d%3d

She looks lovely regardless.

I don't particularly like this tiara. There's something "off" about it. I think it looks like one of those tiaras little girls wear when they play princess. I think because of the spikes with the pearls on the end it just looks cheap and kind of comical. It doesn't look substantial at all and having that brown stuff showing around the tiara is just wrong. I know all tiaras have that but I've never actually seen it. If you're going to wear a tiara you should at least learn how it's done properly.

I agree, if the fleur-de-lys in centre was not that open but "filled" with diamonds or had a special stone in it, then -yes- maybe it would uplift the diadem a little bit. It is very much a Disney Princess diadem indeed. It does not lift up above any other diadem at present in the Spanish royal collection.

It's a modest tiara. By no means is a grand affair with stunning jewels worth a fortune. But it suits Letizia's frame and she carries it magnificently.

As to whether the tiara is an anniversary gift from her husband or a wedding gift from the jewelers, Elena Mato, Jewelry Director of Ansorena, has stated that King Felipe bought the tiara in 2009 as an anniversary gift and liaised closely with Alfonso Ansorena (Elena's father) to create a tiara specifically for Letizia.

https://www.ansorena.com/joyeria-historia.aspx

Letizia estrena (por fin) la tiara que le regal? Felipe por su aniversario de boda | loc | EL MUNDO

It does not lift up above any other diadem at present in the Spanish royal collection.

There is no such thing as a Spanish Royal Collection if it means a State Royal Collection. The only tiara Letizia receives as Queen is the Fleur the Lys because it had to be passed on to the Spanish Queen under Queen's Ena's Will. All other Spanish tiaras are privately owned by JC/Sofia and could end up in Elena and Cristina's hands for all we know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom