The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-13-2017, 04:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Floral tiara is quite a disappointment for me, its beautiful but a bit girlish, I was hoping for Cartier Pearl & Diamond or the Mellario Shell tiara
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...9973263265.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...9973258089.jpg

Old 07-13-2017, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I got my predictions right (not really hard with Leti) and I feel like, just like yesterday, the chosen tiara compliments the dress to perfection. And neither the Shell or one of the Cartiers would have look good with those amazing earrings.

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 07-13-2017, 04:33 PM
Courtier

Some thing's off....the tiara and earrings don't go well together. Actually, I do think the earrings....gorgeous as they are...don't suit Letizia's facial shape.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Floral tiara is quite a disappointment for me, its beautiful but a bit girlish, I was hoping for Cartier Pearl & Diamond or the Mellario Shell tiara
But she has the Fleur de Lys brooch and the big diamond and sapphire earrings.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I can't recall Queen Sofia wearing the diamond sapphire earrings ,were they a gift or inherited from queen Ena?

They look very exquisite on Letizia.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

The earrings look stunning on her, but I don't like them with the floral tiara. The style of the two jewels seems too different, imo. No surprise about the floral tiara, though. It's her firm favourite, and with two tiara events in a row, she wouldn't forego the chance to wear it at least once. Oh well, I really, really love this tiara. But it's a little over-used, imo.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
This is one of my favorite tiaras on Letitia. I loved the one she wore last night but this suits her imho. The earrings are beautiful!
Old 07-13-2017, 08:57 PM
Majesty

I love the stones in the earrings but the earrings themselves are just so big, I think too big/bulky for Letizia's face.

I really like her tiara.

LaRae
Old 07-13-2017, 11:23 PM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Watch: The Spanish State Visit Strikes Again

I love the earrings. They are stunning and the tiara as well.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Don't think the tiara and earring go together. The earrings look very modern, go very well with the dress but she should have chosen another more modern looking tiara
Old 07-13-2017, 11:56 PM
Courtier

Love the earrings, love the tiara but they're stylistically mismatched. The earrings are too art deco/geometric, enhances angles, while the tiara is romantic/curved and softens.

She is one beautiful lady though and the embodiment of a modern Queen.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:47 AM
Majesty

In love with the fantastic Art Deco earrings. Amazing design and stones
Old 07-14-2017, 01:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's great that Letizia showed also at this state visit that she can look good with a tiara, unlike yesterday. The floral tiara looks always gorgeous on Letizia. But then she had to combine the lovely tiara with these earrings, which probably are expensive, but ugly. And they don't suit with the tiara at all and they don't suit Letizia at all.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
It's great that Letizia showed also at this state visit that she can look good with a tiara, unlike yesterday. The floral tiara looks always gorgeous on Letizia. But then she had to combine the lovely tiara with these earrings, which probably are expensive, but ugly. And they don't suit with the tiara at all and they don't suit Letizia at all.
The earrings are a stunning piece of jewelry but not particularly pretty. The whole look would have been better without a tiara. Unfortunately a tiara was required for this event and the floral is light enough to not give the sensation of wearing too much jewelry. The shape of the earrings strongly reminds me of CP Victoria's diamond ones on the eve of her marriage.

There is some speculation in Spain about the provenance of the earrings. It's unknown. Queen Sofia has never been seen with them and they actually may be a gift to Letizia and belong to her.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:20 AM
Nobility

Wow, those earrings look impressive and eyecatching, its stones (sapphires?) go well together with her dress, however, I'm not quite convinced that they match with that delicate floral tiara. With all the attention going straight to the earrings she could very well left off her tiara
I really liked her tiara hair.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:29 AM
Majesty

The second evening was much better, both in fashion as well in jewels. I know that many here get spontaneous highs from "La Buena" but on Letizia's head it is way to big and because it is so airy with all that scrollwork and lacking density, in combinaton with that skin-tight dress, the overall look was as if Letizia run away from a beauty pageant to attend a formal diner.

The floral diadem is not spectacular (it needs a good professional ultrasone cleaning treatment, also "La Buena" badly needs proper maintenance) but it looks like made for Letizia. The best diadem for her.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I personally don't like the look of La Buena, and it certainly doesn't suit Letizia's head (Sofia looked better with it with her face shape, hairstyle) but at this state visit there was no way around it, no option NOT to wear it for the state dinner.
For me it looked much better than the first time with the black dress where Letizia looked like a maid.

For the second night I had hoped for a new tiara or at least the shell to be repeated for the second time. Yes, the floral tiara is pretty and delicate but I think it has been worn too often now. Time to retire it for Leonor.

I agree that the earrings don't go with the floral tiara, maybe the prussian would have been a better choice.

EDIT - nice close ups of both events
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/moda/ac...te_uk_2a-a.jpg
https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e9&oe=59C8EA8A
Old 07-14-2017, 04:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
For me it looked much better than the first time with the black dress where Letizia looked like a maid.
Letizia has never looked like a maid independently of the dress she's worn. But then, it's quite a "normal" derogatory comment considering who is making it.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondra View Post
Letizia has never looked like a maid independently of the dress she's worn. But then, it's quite a "normal" derogatory comment considering who is making it.
I'm not surprised about your comment either
Old 07-14-2017, 05:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I'm not surprised about your comment either
Certainly we know where both stand. I never make distasteful comments about royals I don't like.

Tags
jewellery, letizia, queen letizia, spain