Queen Letizia Jewels: June 2014 - Dec. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love all of the jewels, hooray. Have we seen the emerald earrings before

As always, that tiara is way too big for Letizia and doesn't look good on her,.

As always, that tiara is way too big for Letizia and doesn't look good on her,.

I tend to agree there its overpowering looking on Letizia ,her mother in law wore it better.

Queen Letizia wearing sapphire and diamonds on the first day of the State Visit to South Korea. She first wore the earrings last December at a concert and the bracelet this June, at the King's 5th anniversary as King.

Today

Earrings- December 2018

Bracelet-June 2019

Very good to see her use jewellery again, albeit selectively. She has the presence to carry most of it off.

https://i.ibb.co/5MzZ8Mc/victoria-letizia-kroning-tt-1.jpg

I'm not a fan of the jewellery coice, the earrings don't match the bracelet and the necklace, plus the strange ordinary gold ring that she wears everyday now.

I disagree!

First: FINALLY a necklace! And what a WOWzer! That´s THE big one!
Secondly: A second WOWzer to that bracelet! Could be the combined Joyas de Pasar long nacklace shortened into short necklace PLUS bracelet.
Third: the collet necklace is DIAMONDS only, thich matches with everything.... which includes DIAMONDS and emeralds. many Royal ladies are doing the same - and the emeralds are matching perfectly with the green main colour in the flowery dress.

For me the entire look of Q Letizia in Japan was a WOWzer - she was the only one, who came with the big pieces!!! And I cannot agree more:

A Coronation of an Emperor is a true event to wear the most SERIOUS BLING!!!!

Bye Bine

Couldn't agree more Bine. I think wearing important pieces to these events even gives the pieces more importance in her jewelry box...Queen Letizia chose this tiara to wear to the State Visit to the UK, the enthronement of a Japanese Emperor and who knows to what other royal events in the future.

The same with the collet necklace and bracelet, the first time she chose to wear them was to an Emperor's enthronement. There are few other events that deserve bigger guns!

Let's hope she continues to wear necklaces also for other Evetns. For exmple for the National Day a simple pearl necklace or a broosh or for State Visits.

I'm not sure if the bracelet is new ,pity there was no matching set of earrings.

Does that mean that Queen Sofia kept for herseif the Prussian tiara , her Wedding tiara?

Does that mean that Queen Sofia kept for herseif the Prussian tiara , her Wedding tiara?

No such information is in the public domain. It could well be that she chooses to bequeath the Prussian and the Shell tiara's to her daughters.

IMO, that would be a real pity as those girls are unlikely to get to wear them often, whilst Letizia and her girls will have a lot more opportunities to use them.

That is impossible to know. Imo, it's more likely that Letizia prefers the floral tiara for regular events and dons the bigger tiaras for special high profile events like the enthronement.

There is only one tiara that Queen Letizia hasn't yet worn, and Queen Sofia also has never shared it with her daughters: the ruby necklace/tiara. So my guess is that this is the only tiara Sofia is keeping to herself.

And another though I had is that maybe Letizia put away the Prussian tiara for Infanta Leonor. So it will be more special when Leonor starts wearing a tiara that hasn't been worn for over a decade.

I'm hoping queen Sofia will keep the tiaras in the royal family and we won't have another Belgian empty jewel chest.

The sapphire bracelet bracelet is gorgeous I can't remember if it was a gift or a loan from Queen Sofia?

Queen Letizia’s tiara appearances of 2019:

1 2

Yikes! What happened to the floral tiara? It looked squished in the middle and she has obviously significantly changed her hair colour since she last wore it and the mismatched frame wrapping was clearly visible.

I much prefer the Floral Tiara on Letizia over the Fleur de Lys which looks far too big on the queen.

Yes, the fleur de lys tiara is rather on the big side. But I love to see the full range of her tiaras. The floral looks most beautiful, not just on Letizia, but on almost every lady. But it has been overused for some year and it's great that she varies her tiaras now.

Yes the fleur des lys tiara is big but even more so on Queen Letizia's big frame. but i like it more worn upright like Queen Letzizia did in Japan and not so much like Queen Sofia wore it. Wish Queen Letizia would also wear the loopd idamond and pearl tiara like this as i did not like it too much the last and and only time she has worn it.

I would have liked the tiaras flipped, the bare top of the lilac dress w the huge tiara and the pink w the floral. Love both the earrings!!

Yes the fleur des lys tiara is big but even more so on Queen Letizia's big frame. but i like it more worn upright like Queen Letzizia did in Japan and not so much like Queen Sofia wore it. Wish Queen Letizia would also wear the loopd idamond and pearl tiara like this as i did not like it too much the last and and only time she has worn it.
I think she last wore the Prussian tiara at the State Visit from Chile in March 2011. It doesn't seem to be a favourite tiara of Queen Letizia and I wouldn't be surprised if the next time we see it will be on the Princess of Asturias.

I think she last wore the Prussian tiara at the State Visit from Chile in March 2011. It doesn't seem to be a favourite tiara of Queen Letizia and I wouldn't be surprised if the next time we see it will be on the Princess of Asturias.

Very likely,. This one and the floral tiara will probably be the ones worn by Pricness leonor and Infanta Sofia. Wonder why she hasn't worn the Shell tara since becoming Queen. Perhaps Queen Sofia has not handed it over to her but then she hasn't worn a tiara since the abidcation of King Juan Carlos so no need for her to keep it.

I wondered the same about the shell tiara. She has worn it once as Princess of Asturias, so it's likely that she had access to the tiara back then. But she never repeated it, neither before or after the accession to the throne. It doesn't seem likely that Sofia was sharing the tiara back then, but has since decided to keep it to herself. So maybe that's another one that is not to Letizia's liking?

Both the Prussian Diamond Tiara and the Mellerio Shell Tiara both make wonderful wedding tiaras and as a starter tiara but I think Letizia struck gold with the floral its perfect for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom