The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-06-2017, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
I love that Letizia is exploring Sofia's jewellery box and wearing them. Some great earrings on this Japan visit
Yes that is great that she gives long not seen Jewels an outing. I only wish she would also given the necklaces and brooshes outings not only the earrings.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Yes that is great that she gives long not seen Jewels an outing. I only wish she would also given the necklaces and brooshes outings not only the earrings.
She will get to the necklaces and brooches, just give her some time.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
She will get to the necklaces and brooches, just give her some time.
Let's hope so. I think the last time she has worn a necklace (and a simple pearl necklace nothing elaborate) was for the Princess of Asturias Awards in 2015. But she has worn plenty of them in the early years after her marriage.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
just give her some time.
Indeed.. I think some Women, [the Duchess of Cambridge and the Queen of Spain spring to mind] may be overawed by the scope and richness of the jewels suddenly available to them, as well as the expectation the public have of them being worn, and worn WELL. It just takes them longer than for 'naturals' like the Queen of the Netherlands and the Duchess of Cornwall.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
For a State Visit to the Emperor and Empress of Spain I did expect Letizia to pack out with pearls, for an example the Mellerio diamond-and-pearls diadem or the big diadem with the pearl buttons. It is all so mweh... for me. I expected more.
Whilst I too wanted to see one of the diamond and pearl tiaras get used, I appreciate that Letizia probably wanted to use one of the lower profile, comfortable tiaras. Am sure due consideration was given to the fact that the hostess would not be wearing a tiara at all.

As regards whether pearls needed to be worn as a homage to their hosts, again, I think this is really all about the comfort of the wearer. Whilst the Japanese are fond of pearls, the empress has worn non pearl jewellery herself on many occasions, and on this one, was in a diamond necklace with no pearls.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:

I can't recall the last time Letizia wore a necklace,the brooches /bracelets are only really worn for State Visits and the rings are but a distant memory.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Indeed.. I think some Women, [the Duchess of Cambridge and the Queen of Spain spring to mind] may be overawed by the scope and richness of the jewels suddenly available to them, as well as the expectation the public have of them being worn, and worn WELL. It just takes them longer than for 'naturals' like the Queen of the Netherlands and the Duchess of Cornwall.

That might be the case but the Queen of Spain wore more Jewelsm in the first years after her marriage and then stopped at some point.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
That might be the case but the Queen of Spain wore more Jewelsm in the first years after her marriage and then stopped at some point.
That is teh case for the Duchess of Cornwall as well. She wore quite a lot of the larger pieces in the first few years and then settled down to a few favorites that are repeated all the time. IMO, this is about what people like wearing at that point in time.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Did we see Queen Letizia with pearls ?
Old 04-06-2017, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Did we see Queen Letizia with pearls ?
yes in Oviedo in 2015 wearing the Queen's pearl collier.
http://s04.s3c.es/imag/_v0/664x400/8...perlas-665.jpg
Old 04-06-2017, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
yes in Oviedo in 2015 wearing the Queen's pearl collier.
http://s04.s3c.es/imag/_v0/664x400/8...perlas-665.jpg
2 years ago hopefully we'll see them again this year!

We haven't seen the beautiful Emeralds & Diamonds earring/necklace in well over a decade .

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ce986ec953.jpg
Old 04-06-2017, 04:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
2 years ago hopefully we'll see them again this year!

We haven't seen the beautiful Emeralds & Diamonds earring/necklace in well over a decade .

not true at least for the earrings, worn in Lisbon last November.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...0454662593.jpg
Old 04-06-2017, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
not true at least for the earrings, worn in Lisbon last November.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...0454662593.jpg
Well remembered as ever ,had forgotten about that!
Old 04-06-2017, 04:17 PM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Watch of the Day: Spain's State Visit to Japan

The jewels are stunning but she wears the tiara too frequently. I was not expecting her to wear something new but it would be nice if she wore her new tiara or the Shell tiara.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Duke !
Old 04-06-2017, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Watch of the Day: Spain's State Visit to Japan

The jewels are stunning but she wears the tiara too frequently. I was not expecting her to wear something new but it would be nice if she wore her new tiara or the Shell tiara.
I'm not a fan of the Mellerio Shell Tiara,the floral tiara is a much prettier piece and really suits Letizia,so far I think she has only worn the Mellerio Shell Tiara once.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
What an exquiste picture! Would love to see the dress. Great jewels. That necklace is to die!
Old 04-06-2017, 10:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Those pearls should be her daily go to
Old 04-07-2017, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

The Mellerio shell tiara has some pearls as well, and Letizia has already worn it once. I don't think that it's much bigger than the floral tiara, so it would have been a nice choice for the Tokyo banquet as well. But at least the Queen has worn some interesting earings from Queen Sofia's collection. I love the idea of jewels being passed on from generation to generation, so I'm quite happy about that.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:00 AM
Nobility

There is some speculation, and is only speculation at this point, that the jewels worn lately by Letizia from Sofia are either institutional jewels (joyas de pasar) or presents from the Arab monarchies to QS as "Queen of Spain". The emerald, ruby and topaz earrings Letizia have been using lately have not been worn by Sofia in ages and are likely presents from the Middle East.

Tags
jewellery, letizia, queen letizia, spain