The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2016, 01:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Some of the most important jewels inherited from Victoria Eugenia are owned by Juan Carlos ... those jewels, along with others that Queen Sofia received for her wedding and others that have been recovered over the years and have a historical value for the Spanish Crown, must be inherited by King Felipe.

Queen Sofía loves jewelry, she has a large collection, some pieces she has not worn in years, and they are more wearable every day, so her daughters will make good use of them. She also has pieces inherited from Queen Frederica or pieces that are owned by her as the Niarchos rubies, which can inherit her daughters.
i really hope she will give the Niarchos rubies to Letizia or Leonor, Sofia. I really hope most of the jewelry belong to Felipe/Letizia... It would be a shame to give the important pieces to Elena or Cristina. Not just the Tiaras also some of Sofias necklaces like the Ruby, Sapphire or Turquoise

Old 12-12-2016, 01:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I wonder what will happen to the Prussian Tiara, the most prominent piece that belongs to Queen Sofia personally.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I wonder what will happen to the Prussian Tiara, the most prominent piece that belongs to Queen Sofia personally.
I could imaine this Tiara will stay in the royal family, Letizia/Felipe, the same for the Floral..I could imagine the Cartier Diamond & Pearl Tiara will belong to Cristina.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
I could imaine this Tiara will stay in the royal family, Letizia/Felipe, the same for the Floral..I could imagine the Cartier Diamond & Pearl Tiara will belong to Cristina.
Why did you think cristina will get the diamond and pearl tiara? US it because she wore it once to Victoria 's wedding?
Old 12-13-2016, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Cristina might get some jewels from her mothers ample collection but I would hope that the tiaras are all kept in the royal family and the collection is not broken up after Queen Sofia.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I never realized that there was a matching necklace pendant with these black and diamond earrings ,more long forgotten jewels!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-j5MgAbL_4q...d-earrings.jpg
Old 12-14-2016, 02:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Why did you think cristina will get the diamond and pearl tiara? US it because she wore it once to Victoria 's wedding?
First of all its just a "feeling" But yes also because she wore it at Victorias wedding, and the Tiara already left the main royal family after Q.Victoria Enas death. It seems to be not so imoprtant as the mellerio shell or the floral Tiara... I really hope i wrong..
Old 12-14-2016, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
First of all its just a "feeling" But yes also because she wore it at Victorias wedding, and the Tiara already left the main royal family after Q.Victoria Enas death. It seems to be not so imoprtant as the mellerio shell or the floral Tiara... I really hope i wrong..
I actually think King Juan Carlos bought this tiara back/arranged that it went back to the main line so that it should remain with the main line. Except for the swedish royal wedding in 2010 it was exclusively worn by Queen Sofia.
The mellerio floral tiara was much more shared and also the mellerio shell tiara has been shared a few times for example to Letizia, Infanta Margarita and i think either Elena or Cristina have also worn it once.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I actually think King Juan Carlos bought this tiara back/arranged that it went back to the main line so that it should remain with the main line. Except for the swedish royal wedding in 2010 it was exclusively worn by Queen Sofia.
The mellerio floral tiara was much more shared and also the mellerio shell tiara has been shared a few times for example to Letizia, Infanta Margarita and i think either Elena or Cristina have also worn it once.
Thats correct, the Shell, Floral and Prussian tiaras have been shared between the various family members quite widely. Since it was brought back into the main line, I believe only Queen Sofia has used it, other than once at Victoria & Daniel's wedding when Cristina used it.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:57 PM
Majesty

Honestly I think the days of tiaras being left to children are likely over. Especially in families like Spain and Belgium where there are few tiaras. Younger siblings are more and more living private lives and have minimal use for tiaras. And their children likely won't. The tiaras stand a chance of being auctioned off that way. I think Sofia will leave her daughter's pieces, like I am sure Elizabeth will, but personal pieces, not tiaras. I am sure Felipe will continue to allow them to borrow even after his parents pass.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Honestly I think the days of tiaras being left to children are likely over. Especially in families like Spain and Belgium where there are few tiaras. Younger siblings are more and more living private lives and have minimal use for tiaras. And their children likely won't. The tiaras stand a chance of being auctioned off that way. I think Sofia will leave her daughter's pieces, like I am sure Elizabeth will, but personal pieces, not tiaras. I am sure Felipe will continue to allow them to borrow even after his parents pass.
I hope you are right it would be a shame if the spanish royal family would lost a Tiara.. We dont know what will happen to the Tiaras and maybe its not Sofia who will give a Tiara to one of the daughters Maybe its JC last will that a Elena get a Tiara.
Old 12-15-2016, 01:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I hope you are right it would be a shame if the spanish royal family would lost a Tiara.. We dont know what will happen to the Tiaras and maybe its not Sofia who will give a Tiara to one of the daughters Maybe its JC last will that a Elena get a Tiara.
Entirely possible, but JC worked quite hard to help bring some of the tiaras back into the main line, so I doubt he would support dismemberment of the collection.
Old 12-22-2016, 01:26 AM
Majesty

Statement Earrings for Letizia in Madrid | The Court Jeweller

Very beautiful earrings.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
A matching brooch or bracelet would really compliment them,Letizia is far too stringent in her fanatical minimalism.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:41 PM
Majesty

These emerald jewels are stunning:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ce986ec953.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...21457aba86.jpg
https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/f...zia11-2007.jpg
Old 01-07-2017, 02:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I could imagine the Cartier Diamond & Pearl Tiara will belong to Cristina.
I do NOT think, that the Cartier Diamond and Pearl Tiara will go to Christina.

First: due to the actual investigation she most probably will remain a "persona non grata" for official duties. Alas: no possibility to wear a Tiara.

Secondly: I always thought, that the ORIGINAL idea to bring along the Cartier Tiara at the Wedding of CP Victoria was, that Queen Sofia would wear it.
Biggest Tiara for the Queen.
But then something happened: maybe Queen Sofia got headache this morning. When dressing with her daugthers she may have said "oh my god, I feel so bad and now I have to wear this big and heavy tiara". So Christina may have jumped in.
Just my guess, btw.

BYe Bine
Old 01-07-2017, 04:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Secondly: I always thought, that the ORIGINAL idea to bring along the Cartier Tiara at the Wedding of CP Victoria was, that Queen Sofia would wear it.
Biggest Tiara for the Queen.
But then something happened: maybe Queen Sofia got headache this morning. When dressing with her daugthers she may have said "oh my god, I feel so bad and now I have to wear this big and heavy tiara". So Christina may have jumped in.
Just my guess, btw.

BYe Bine
I disagree, Queen Sofia is really good at making statements, by wearing or not wearing something or saying or not saying something. Because usually she's not allowed to speak, that is her form of communication, the power of a photo. She'd never NOT wear a tiara because of a headache.
At her last State Visit as Queen consort, she donned on the Fleur de Lys Tiara, very much over the top for the occasion, but it screamed 'I am still the Queen today'.
I believe Queen Sofia was very aware of Cristina wearing the biggest tiara of all, showing that she is still a valued part of the family and is closer to her heart than anyone else that day.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:10 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It might as well go to Cristina or Elena as the present queen seems unwilling or unable to wear any of the grander tiaras.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

I think that the times for leaving heritage jewels to children other than the heir are in the past. We assume that JC bought back the Cartier loop tiara from his sister in order to keep it for the monarch. So we can assume that JC and also Queen Sofia are aware of the need to keep these heirlooms in the RF, and that means with the monarch.

What Cristina needs more than a tiara is money, or other useful assets. I'm convinced that Queen Sofia is aware of that fact, and will leave those old family heirlooms to either to Felipe or the Princess of Asturias. That Queen Letizia hasn't worn the tiara yet, does not mean that she never will (at least I hope so). And nobody can yet know which tiaras Leonor will favour in the future.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
It might as well go to Cristina or Elena as the present queen seems unwilling or unable to wear any of the grander tiaras.
I really hope not as I can see it being sold off again if that happens,who knows in a few years Letizia might start appreciating her jewels a bit more and start dusting them off and actually make an effort!

Tags
jewellery, letizia, queen letizia, spain