The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #561  
Old 12-12-2016, 01:33 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Lake Constance, Germany
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Some of the most important jewels inherited from Victoria Eugenia are owned by Juan Carlos ... those jewels, along with others that Queen Sofia received for her wedding and others that have been recovered over the years and have a historical value for the Spanish Crown, must be inherited by King Felipe.

Queen Sofía loves jewelry, she has a large collection, some pieces she has not worn in years, and they are more wearable every day, so her daughters will make good use of them. She also has pieces inherited from Queen Frederica or pieces that are owned by her as the Niarchos rubies, which can inherit her daughters.
i really hope she will give the Niarchos rubies to Letizia or Leonor, Sofia. I really hope most of the jewelry belong to Felipe/Letizia... It would be a shame to give the important pieces to Elena or Cristina. Not just the Tiaras also some of Sofias necklaces like the Ruby, Sapphire or Turquoise
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #562  
Old 12-12-2016, 01:45 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,545
I wonder what will happen to the Prussian Tiara, the most prominent piece that belongs to Queen Sofia personally.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #563  
Old 12-13-2016, 10:23 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Lake Constance, Germany
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I wonder what will happen to the Prussian Tiara, the most prominent piece that belongs to Queen Sofia personally.
I could imaine this Tiara will stay in the royal family, Letizia/Felipe, the same for the Floral..I could imagine the Cartier Diamond & Pearl Tiara will belong to Cristina.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #564  
Old 12-13-2016, 12:25 PM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
I could imaine this Tiara will stay in the royal family, Letizia/Felipe, the same for the Floral..I could imagine the Cartier Diamond & Pearl Tiara will belong to Cristina.
Why did you think cristina will get the diamond and pearl tiara? US it because she wore it once to Victoria 's wedding?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #565  
Old 12-13-2016, 05:16 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 18,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
I could imaine this Tiara will stay in the royal family, Letizia/Felipe, the same for the Floral..I could imagine the Cartier Diamond & Pearl Tiara will belong to Cristina.
Cristina might get some jewels from her mothers ample collection but I would hope that the tiaras are all kept in the royal family and the collection is not broken up after Queen Sofia.
__________________
20th of December,1963-Birth of HRH The Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
Reply With Quote
  #566  
Old 12-13-2016, 05:21 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 18,555
I never realized that there was a matching necklace pendant with these black and diamond earrings ,more long forgotten jewels!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-j5MgAbL_4q...d-earrings.jpg
__________________
20th of December,1963-Birth of HRH The Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
Reply With Quote
  #567  
Old 12-14-2016, 02:15 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Lake Constance, Germany
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Why did you think cristina will get the diamond and pearl tiara? US it because she wore it once to Victoria 's wedding?
First of all its just a "feeling" But yes also because she wore it at Victorias wedding, and the Tiara already left the main royal family after Q.Victoria Enas death. It seems to be not so imoprtant as the mellerio shell or the floral Tiara... I really hope i wrong..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #568  
Old 12-14-2016, 07:59 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
First of all its just a "feeling" But yes also because she wore it at Victorias wedding, and the Tiara already left the main royal family after Q.Victoria Enas death. It seems to be not so imoprtant as the mellerio shell or the floral Tiara... I really hope i wrong..
I actually think King Juan Carlos bought this tiara back/arranged that it went back to the main line so that it should remain with the main line. Except for the swedish royal wedding in 2010 it was exclusively worn by Queen Sofia.
The mellerio floral tiara was much more shared and also the mellerio shell tiara has been shared a few times for example to Letizia, Infanta Margarita and i think either Elena or Cristina have also worn it once.
Reply With Quote
  #569  
Old 12-14-2016, 05:36 PM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I actually think King Juan Carlos bought this tiara back/arranged that it went back to the main line so that it should remain with the main line. Except for the swedish royal wedding in 2010 it was exclusively worn by Queen Sofia.
The mellerio floral tiara was much more shared and also the mellerio shell tiara has been shared a few times for example to Letizia, Infanta Margarita and i think either Elena or Cristina have also worn it once.
Thats correct, the Shell, Floral and Prussian tiaras have been shared between the various family members quite widely. Since it was brought back into the main line, I believe only Queen Sofia has used it, other than once at Victoria & Daniel's wedding when Cristina used it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #570  
Old 12-14-2016, 05:57 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,949
Honestly I think the days of tiaras being left to children are likely over. Especially in families like Spain and Belgium where there are few tiaras. Younger siblings are more and more living private lives and have minimal use for tiaras. And their children likely won't. The tiaras stand a chance of being auctioned off that way. I think Sofia will leave her daughter's pieces, like I am sure Elizabeth will, but personal pieces, not tiaras. I am sure Felipe will continue to allow them to borrow even after his parents pass.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #571  
Old 12-14-2016, 06:35 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Lake Constance, Germany
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Honestly I think the days of tiaras being left to children are likely over. Especially in families like Spain and Belgium where there are few tiaras. Younger siblings are more and more living private lives and have minimal use for tiaras. And their children likely won't. The tiaras stand a chance of being auctioned off that way. I think Sofia will leave her daughter's pieces, like I am sure Elizabeth will, but personal pieces, not tiaras. I am sure Felipe will continue to allow them to borrow even after his parents pass.
I hope you are right it would be a shame if the spanish royal family would lost a Tiara.. We dont know what will happen to the Tiaras and maybe its not Sofia who will give a Tiara to one of the daughters Maybe its JC last will that a Elena get a Tiara.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #572  
Old 12-15-2016, 01:56 PM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
I hope you are right it would be a shame if the spanish royal family would lost a Tiara.. We dont know what will happen to the Tiaras and maybe its not Sofia who will give a Tiara to one of the daughters Maybe its JC last will that a Elena get a Tiara.
Entirely possible, but JC worked quite hard to help bring some of the tiaras back into the main line, so I doubt he would support dismemberment of the collection.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #573  
Old 12-22-2016, 01:26 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,421
Statement Earrings for Letizia in Madrid | The Court Jeweller

Very beautiful earrings.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #574  
Old 12-26-2016, 05:38 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 18,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
A matching brooch or bracelet would really compliment them,Letizia is far too stringent in her fanatical minimalism.
__________________
20th of December,1963-Birth of HRH The Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
Reply With Quote
  #575  
Old 01-06-2017, 11:41 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,421
These emerald jewels are stunning:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ce986ec953.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...21457aba86.jpg
https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/f...zia11-2007.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #576  
Old 01-07-2017, 02:28 AM
Bine221's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 1,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
I could imagine the Cartier Diamond & Pearl Tiara will belong to Cristina.
I do NOT think, that the Cartier Diamond and Pearl Tiara will go to Christina.

First: due to the actual investigation she most probably will remain a "persona non grata" for official duties. Alas: no possibility to wear a Tiara.

Secondly: I always thought, that the ORIGINAL idea to bring along the Cartier Tiara at the Wedding of CP Victoria was, that Queen Sofia would wear it.
Biggest Tiara for the Queen.
But then something happened: maybe Queen Sofia got headache this morning. When dressing with her daugthers she may have said "oh my god, I feel so bad and now I have to wear this big and heavy tiara". So Christina may have jumped in.
Just my guess, btw.

BYe Bine
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #577  
Old 01-07-2017, 04:39 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Secondly: I always thought, that the ORIGINAL idea to bring along the Cartier Tiara at the Wedding of CP Victoria was, that Queen Sofia would wear it.
Biggest Tiara for the Queen.
But then something happened: maybe Queen Sofia got headache this morning. When dressing with her daugthers she may have said "oh my god, I feel so bad and now I have to wear this big and heavy tiara". So Christina may have jumped in.
Just my guess, btw.

BYe Bine
I disagree, Queen Sofia is really good at making statements, by wearing or not wearing something or saying or not saying something. Because usually she's not allowed to speak, that is her form of communication, the power of a photo. She'd never NOT wear a tiara because of a headache.
At her last State Visit as Queen consort, she donned on the Fleur de Lys Tiara, very much over the top for the occasion, but it screamed 'I am still the Queen today'.
I believe Queen Sofia was very aware of Cristina wearing the biggest tiara of all, showing that she is still a valued part of the family and is closer to her heart than anyone else that day.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #578  
Old 01-07-2017, 08:10 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 18,747
It might as well go to Cristina or Elena as the present queen seems unwilling or unable to wear any of the grander tiaras.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #579  
Old 01-07-2017, 10:31 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,806
I think that the times for leaving heritage jewels to children other than the heir are in the past. We assume that JC bought back the Cartier loop tiara from his sister in order to keep it for the monarch. So we can assume that JC and also Queen Sofia are aware of the need to keep these heirlooms in the RF, and that means with the monarch.

What Cristina needs more than a tiara is money, or other useful assets. I'm convinced that Queen Sofia is aware of that fact, and will leave those old family heirlooms to either to Felipe or the Princess of Asturias. That Queen Letizia hasn't worn the tiara yet, does not mean that she never will (at least I hope so). And nobody can yet know which tiaras Leonor will favour in the future.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #580  
Old 01-07-2017, 11:50 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 18,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
It might as well go to Cristina or Elena as the present queen seems unwilling or unable to wear any of the grander tiaras.
I really hope not as I can see it being sold off again if that happens,who knows in a few years Letizia might start appreciating her jewels a bit more and start dusting them off and actually make an effort!
__________________

__________________
20th of December,1963-Birth of HRH The Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jewellery, letizia, queen letizia, spain


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Letizia, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 - March 2016 dazzling Current Events Archive 391 03-20-2016 02:14 PM
King Felipe and Queen Letizia, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 - November 2015 dazzling Current Events Archive 392 11-03-2015 11:55 AM
Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2014 - July 2014 dazzling Archives 380 07-27-2014 09:04 AM
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 29: November 2013 - June 2014 dazzling Archives 436 06-18-2014 11:39 PM
Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014 Marengo Royal Jewels 1022 06-18-2014 12:55 PM




Popular Tags
baptism birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill coel hen crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge cocktail dresses earl of snowdon family general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hereditary princess sophie infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia italy iñaki iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy nazi news philippe prince prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince jean prince liam prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary current events princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia eveningwear queen letizia fashion queen letizia gowns queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima hats queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family theatre victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises