Princess Madeleine Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had heard rumors a long time ago that Margaretha might sell the aquamarine tiara. I wonder if she really lent it to Madeleine or if perhaps she sold it and Chris purchased it for Madeleine. Unlikely but the thought crossed my mind.

If anything, the King may buy Margaretha 's tiara and allow the family to share it.

Early this year Princess Christina has told a journalist that the tiara is still owned by her sister Margaretha and that she has borrowed it from her. It is kept at the palace by their brother, the King. So unless we assume that Princess Christina told a lie we have to believe that the tiara was not sold.

https://johanoberg.wordpress.com/2015/02/13/diademfragan-lost/

Princess Madeleine wore a modern hair ornament at the formal gathering of the Swedish Academy. She also wore long diamond and pearl earrings.
pic1 pic2

Princess Madeleine wore a modern hair ornament at the formal gathering of the Swedish Academy. She also wore long diamond and pearl earrings.
pic1 pic2

I think the hair ornaments are actually a pair of Queen Silvia's earrings. Seen at the Childhood Gala in 2012.

When I was looking at the photos from the two Nobel dinners this year, I found something interesting concerning the star of the Order of the Seraphim. I found that both Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine wear different stars of the Order of the Seraphim at the two nights.

I'm not so surprised that Queen Silvia does so, I have previously noticed that she she wears two different versions of the star. At the fist night the Queen wore the brilliant version, that previously was worn by Queen Victoria, and that she wears at important occasions. At the second night she wears a more simple version, with a pale blu/seraphim blue centre, that she tends to wear abroad many times.

I'm more surprised to see Princess Madeleine doing the same, something I haven't noticed before. At the first night she wore the one I have seen her use before with a pale blue centre. However on the second night she wore the latest version of the star, that both Prince Daniel and Princess Sofia are wearing, with a dark blue centre and in both gold and silver. I wonder why she is wearing this one, as she apparently still has her old star in use, and has used that all time time until this dinner? A new mystery...

Princess Madeleine threw a birthday party for her daughter and had young girls as guests from her charity and dressed up as a princess complete with her gown, sash, and jewels. She is wearing the Aquamarine Tiara as well! This makes me wonder if her aunt gave it to her or just a loan again...

I don't recall ever having seen the chandelier earrings she wore today. Are they also from the family vaults or something new?

She is wearing the dress from the Nobels before so maybe she just thought to keep to the same tiara. I would be happy if her Aunt has given her the tiara. Though I like the modern fringe, I love the koshnik, it is amazing on her and we don't see it enough.

I am surprised Estelle wasn't there. I know the party was as much for the kids from her charity as her daughter, but it would have been great for Estelle to have the experience. And since she is a similar age to the kids, be neat for the kids to meet a real princess their age.

Last edited:
What a lovely surprise from Princess Madeleine wearing the Aquamarine Kokoshnik tiara and I too am wondering if the King bought back this tiara from his sister?

What a lovely surprise from Princess Madeleine wearing the Aquamarine Kokoshnik tiara and I too am wondering if the King bought back this tiara from his sister?

According to Christina,one or two years ago, the tiara is still the property of Margareta but kept in Sweden for safekeeping.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

She looks wonderful. I love her hairstyle.

She is wearing the dress from the Nobels before so maybe she just thought to keep to the same tiara. I would be happy if her Aunt has given her the tiara. Though I like the modern fringe, I love the koshnik, it is amazing on her and we don't see it enough.

I am surprised Estelle wasn't there. I know the party was as much for the kids from her charity as her daughter, but it would have been great for Estelle to have the experience. And since she is a similar age to the kids, be neat for the kids to meet a real princess their age.

I agree, this is an event that would have been superb for Estelle. Of course Leonore is a real princess, but she is somewhat younger than her little guests were.

Still, it was an adorable event and I have nothing but praise for Princess Madeleine!

Honestly all three starter tiaras, Madeleine's Cyclops, Victoria's door stopper cut steel, and Sofia's spearmint emerald, are unattractive. Sofia's is certainly the best of the three but that is saying little.

Wow does the blueness of her eyes really pop when she wears that tiara and the other jewels. Even the dress helps.

i'm interested in Madde's link with the kokoshink tiara. I know that it was a general surprised whe she first debuted at the Nobels, but she wore it again at the "Min stora Dag" event, when she recreated the Nobel look for the children.

Well, I guess we'd all like to know more about the link between Madeleine and the aquamarine kokoshnik. But the SRF are not telling us anything at the moment. Personally I find it hard to believe that the tiara would be used in an official portrait if it were only borrowed. On the other hand Princess Christina supposedly told last year that the tiara still belonged to Princess Margareta.

The pictures used for their bios (the adults) come from the Nobels. Her old one did as well (just from I believe 2007 the last pic). IMO its simply a matter of what she wore to the event with that dress. :flowers: One could hope the beautiful piece will return officially when Margaretha dies.

I could imagine there having been made some sort of "we-pay-you-now-but-you-can-use-it-until-you-pass-away" kind of deal between Margareta and her brother

I could imagine there having been made some sort of "we-pay-you-now-but-you-can-use-it-until-you-pass-away" kind of deal between Margareta and her brother

That probably makes sense.

wow madeleine looked perfect in that aquamarine tiara. her eyes are wonderful and complemented by her blue gown. one of my favorite looks. her official portraits are always great.

The aquamarine tiara is certainly one of the family's better jewels, hopefully now that it has been added to the main pool of jewels for sharing we will be seeing it more often. I also have a feeling that the button tiara's will be gathering more dust from how on.

Ironically, I think that the kokoshink tiara is the tiara that suits better princess Madeleine! Hopefully, we'll see Madeleine use it more often from now on!

thank you si much once again
trying to organize the photows i have

i had a look at madeleine nobel 2008 photos she seems to be wearing a yellow bracelet can it be the same braclet victoria wore at the crown prince wedding in denmark 2004?
Did you find a photo of silvia wearing this bracelet?
You thought you saw a photo of silvia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom