Duchess of Sussex Jewels 1: November 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks LaRae! I don't think either Prince Charles or Prince Phillip wear a wedding ring but I may be wrong.

But does the Cartier set belong to the Queen?

They wear them on their pinky usually (Charles is on his pinky often partly covered by his PoW ring).

No the Cartier set is new, presumably a gift to Meghan ..perhaps from Charles (as he is said to of bought Kate jewelry also as a wedding gift)...or Harry. Over 200,000 makes me think Charles bought it.

LaRae

Neither Philip, Charles nor William wear rings. Charles wears a signet ring on his little left finger, something that he didn't wear in his first marriage. :flowers:

The cartier bracelet and earrings set I can only presume is a gift given to Meghan it isn't something we've seen on anyone else.

The Aquamarine set is a three-some, Camilla has the earrings
and necklace I understand. :flowers:

You are incorrect. There are many pics out there showing Charles wearing his wedding ring next to (and partly covered at times) by his signet ring. He wore one for Diana and he wears one for Camilla.

Camilla can't have part of the set...those were Diana's jewels left to her sons. If she has aquamarines they are not related.

Diana had the ring, matching bracelet and possibly matching aquamarine earrings.

LaRae

Last edited:
Neither Philip, Charles nor William wear rings. Charles wears a signet ring on his little left finger, something that he didn't wear in his first marriage. :flowers:

The cartier bracelet and earrings set I can only presume is a gift given to Meghan it isn't something we've seen on anyone else.

The Aquamarine set is a three-some, Camilla has the earrings and necklace I understand. :flowers:

Thank you thank you Lumutqueen! :flowers:

The aquamarine ring is exquisite.

I went around about this on FB a few weeks ago...I posted pics of when he was married to Diana (his ring visible) and Camilla before they would believe me! They were English and had never heard Charles wore a ring.

LaRae

You are incorrect. There are many pics out there showing Charles wearing his wedding ring next to (and partly covered at times) by his signet ring. He wore one for Diana and he wears one for Camilla.

Camilla can't have part of the set...those were Diana's jewels left to her sons. If she has aquamarines they are not related.

Diana had the ring, matching bracelet and possibly matching aquamarine earrings.

LaRae

Erm I'm not incorrect. Always a Signet ring, I was incorrect in that Charles never wore one when married to Diana.

October 1985 with Diana: https://s.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/princess-diana-prince-charles-gty-mem-171116_4x3_992.jpg

1996 Christmas Card: https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/...6dd3_18_-_1996/i/From-Prince-Charles-1996.jpg

Canada Unknown Date: https://www.ziuaconstanta.ro/images/stories/2014/08/28/stiati-ca-charles-diana.jpg

Married in April 2005:

Wedding Day: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/31/article-1372078-0266163A0000044D-656_468x389.jpg

June 2005: https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/event...ttle-finger-gets-his-hair-picture-id115397304

April 2009: http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Prince+Charles+Prince+Charles+Camilla+Visit+LBHsrTDJKyQl.jpg

If this Signet ring is what people are calling his wedding ring, then they are incorrect as depending on culture a wedding ring is worn on the left or right "ring" finger. Never the left pinky finger.

A signet ring could never be described as a wedding ring frankly as it is mainly a ring to show authority.

I'm unsure in regards to Diana's jewels, I know it's been said that the jewels were all given to her sons, but in this regard i'm just relaying what I have read on twitter.

Last edited:
There are 2 rings on his pinky not one. His signet ring and his wedding band as shown in the picture posted by Fem.

So yes, sorry you are incorrect. Charles does wear a wedding band next to his signet ring.

The Twitter folks are confused about Diana's jewelry then.

LaRae

If this Signet ring is what people are calling his wedding ring, then they are incorrect as depending on culture a wedding ring is worn on the left or right "ring" finger. Never the left pinky finger.

A signet ring could never be described as a wedding ring frankly as it is mainly a ring to show authority.

I'm unsure in regards to Diana's jewels, I know it's been said that the jewels were all given to her sons, but in this regard i'm just relaying what I have read on twitter.

Charles wears his wedding ring on his left pinky, with his signet ring. It is usually hidden by his signet ring.

See here: https://ca.hellomagazine.com/royalt...hy-prince-william-doesnt-wear-wedding-ring/4/

A close up picture that shows the signet ring and underneath it the wedding ring.

Sorry folks a wedding ring is worn on a ring finger, Charles is wearing a signet ring on his left pinky. I certainly can't see a second ring in any of the pictures i've posted or the one Fem posted. It is widely known that Henry is now the only royal groom to wear a wedding ring.

Update: I can see it in the picture Ish posted, but again not on his ring finger, so not wearing a wedding ring. He's just wearing a ring on his finger. :flowers:

Please remember that this is Meghan's thread and stay on topic.

When I saw that ring, I screamed “yes!” Diana had some really nice pieces and I’ve been waiting for Kate to wear some of them. Happy to see Harry is gifting Meghan with his share of her jewels. Diana would be so happy for them.

How lovely that she has what looks like Diana’s aquamarine ring! I hope Harry gave it to her as a wedding present and she’ll wear it often

I don't know about wearing it often but I'm definitely inclined to believe it was a wedding gift from Harry and we'll see her wearing it again. ?

Hopefully along with the matching bracelet (and possible earrings).

LaRae

The Aquamarine set is a three-some, Camilla has the earrings and necklace I understand. :flowers:
William doesn't like jewelry according to the Palace why he doesn't wear a ring. Charles wore his wedding band under his signet ring from Diana and the same with Camilla. This article has the info on the rings and Prince Harry will wear one.

Update: I can see it in the picture Ish posted, but again not on his ring finger, so not wearing a wedding ring. He's just wearing a ring on his finger. :flowers:
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:
I'm wearing my engagement ring on a gold chain around my neck. Does that mean it's not an engagement ring?

Last edited:
So will for sure be on the lookout for new jewelry and pieces from Diana's known collection of personal jewelry (like the bracelet that matches that ring!).

LaRae

Sorry folks a wedding ring is worn on a ring finger, Charles is wearing a signet ring on his left pinky. I certainly can't see a second ring in any of the pictures i've posted or the one Fem posted. It is widely known that Henry is now the only royal groom to wear a wedding ring.

A wedding ring does not have to be worn on the left hand ring finger to be a wedding ring, that's just tradition. People can choose to wear it on any finger they want. Charles certainly does wear a wedding ring.
Harry is just wearing his on the traditional finger.

Back to Meghan--it will be interesting to see which wife wears what of their late mother in law's jewelry--now that both men have wives.

Last edited:
Folks, remember we talked to much about this tiara and wondered if it still existed?
Bejeweled Close-Ups: Meghan's Wedding Tiara | The Court Jeweller

My Lord, take some more closeups of this beauty! Loved the fact that Meghan and The Queen reached into the vault and dusted this jewel off.

I’m telling there are stuff in those vaults we haven’t seen before and haven’t seen in decades.

That's gorgeous! Glad they went into the vaults to bring this out. Fifty years!

I am trying to find a good picture of Meghan wearing actually the Cartier bracelet - not only the ad on the homepage. Does somebody have a close-up picture?? thanks!

Folks, remember we talked to much about this tiara and wondered if it still existed?
Bejeweled Close-Ups: Meghan's Wedding Tiara | The Court Jeweller

My Lord, take some more closeups of this beauty! Loved the fact that Meghan and The Queen reached into the vault and dusted this jewel off.

I’m telling there are stuff in those vaults we haven’t seen before and haven’t seen in decades.

And I'm hoping that we'll see more of it soon!

Those closeups show that neither the diamonds in the brooch nor the tiara are modern round brilliants; they both look like old cut diamonds to me. The facet patterns are very distinctive. In another thread someone said that they didn't like the tiara because the diamonds in the brooch looked too different from the ones in the tiara, and there was speculation from me that perhaps that was partly because since they were made at different times, the diamonds might have different cuts. That is clearly not the case.

I’m curious to find out if the new Duchess received more jewelry from the Reflections de Cartier line and if the jewelry of Diana was split up between her sons or if we will see her daughters-in-law sharing her pieces.

I’m curious to find out if the new Duchess received more jewelry from the Reflections de Cartier line and if the jewelry of Diana was split up between her sons or if we will see her daughters-in-law sharing her pieces.
As regards splitting Diana 's jewels, I think time will tell, but personally, I would be surprised to see it being shared on an ongoing basis.

I would be surprised to see it being shared on an ongoing basis.

So would I.. they may 'live next door' to one another, but it'd be more practical to divide it between them..
i'd prefer the Duchess of Cambridge to get the staggeringly lovely Sapphire Choker [it being more 'historical' in style], whilst the Duchess of Sussex gets the Aquamarines and the more contemporary 'Arab' sapphire suites, the wrist watch etc.etc. These seem better suited to the lady's style..

But we shall see..

So would I.. they may 'live next door' to one another, but it'd be more practical to divide it between them..
i'd prefer the Duchess of Cambridge to get the staggeringly lovely Sapphire Choker [it being more 'historical' in style], whilst the Duchess of Sussex gets the Aquamarines and the more contemporary 'Arab' sapphire suites, the wrist watch etc.etc. These seem better suited to the lady's style..

But we shall see..

I definitely agree. However I think some of the jewelry will also be saved for the (future) grandkids, especially since not every piece of jewelry will fit Meghan or Catherine's style.

And I'm hoping that we'll see more of it soon!

Those closeups show that neither the diamonds in the brooch nor the tiara are modern round brilliants; they both look like old cut diamonds to me. The facet patterns are very distinctive. In another thread someone said that they didn't like the tiara because the diamonds in the brooch looked too different from the ones in the tiara, and there was speculation from me that perhaps that was partly because since they were made at different times, the diamonds might have different cuts. That is clearly not the case.
I noticed that it was specified as a Loan from HM on the BRF website.

But we shall see..

Back
Top Bottom