Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are Carole's, she could have gotten a discount price. The Middletons bought a lot of his stuff for the Royal wedding. They each had his stuff on during the wedding.

I've had that happen quite a bit with my jeweler so I know its not uncommon. Many times the retail price and what I actually paid for a piece was 50%-60% lower.

Plus all the free publicity from the wedding. That's has to be worth a major discount.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

They could also be Kate's- perhaps Carole is the one who borrowed them initially.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 -

I really do not care if they're Kate's or Carole's. What I do care about is unless I win the lottery I can't have them!!!!

Man, those are gorgeous!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 -

They could also be Kate's- perhaps Carole is the one who borrowed them initially.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I think because Carole wore the earrings and matching necklace first (to the evening reception on Kate's wedding day) and 4 1/2 years later Kate wears the earrings for the first time is why people think that they are Carole's. If they where Kate's, I think we would have seen them earlier and if it was a wedding present , Carole probably wouldn't be wearing them on the day. Of course, it's all speculation. The jewelry that Carole wore on the wedding evening could have been loaners like the stars do for the Oscars and when Kate bought the gown , she remembered the earrings that her mom wore and bought them to go with the dress. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
A lovely piece of jewellery.
Letizia and somebody in the Danish royal family (not sure whether Marie or Mary) have the same earrings or a very similar pair.

A lovely piece of jewellery.
Letizia and somebody in the Danish royal family (not sure whether Marie or Mary) have the same earrings or a very similar pair.
Mary have a pair. But they are not the same. I looked closely!

I think Carole has worn them since the wedding at a another event. They are lovely earrings.

Didn't film premiers used to be tiara events? if so, why are they not anymore?

Didn't film premiers used to be tiara events? if so, why are they not anymore?

I would think its just due to the changing times. Back in the tiara to the premiers days, it was also unheard of for women to attend church without a proper dress, hat and gloves on. Now its common place to wear just about anything to anywhere and its acceptable.

In the changing economies too, perhaps the extravagant and glitter of expensive jewels and the common place fur stoles and coats have also been relegated to the chests in the attic as we've become more thrifty by necessity and for a lot of us, animal fur for clothing has become a world wide campaign to eliminate the senseless killing of animals for fur.

One thing I am so glad has been relegated to the chest in the attic though is the corset or girdle. How uncomfortable those must have been eh? Now we've got Spanx to shape us comfortably in most cases. :D

I'd find a tiara worn to a film premiere to be strange these days. Tiaras seem to be worn mainly for State events now.

Do we have an ID on the earrings?

ETA: Ah see the ID mentioned above!

LaRae

Lovely earrings... but the price is yikes! At least the women of the faily seem to share lots of pieces...

I love tonights earrings! Stunning! I'm a fan of the art deco style. And sapphires for Kate is always great. I hope these are more of a gift/longtime loan so we will see them more on her!! Always great when she digs into the royal jewels!! :) She has been on a roll jewellry wise!

I can't see the earrings thru the mane of hair in her face. Kate...pull your hair back please!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Id guess that Charles who got many of the Queen Mum's (via the Queen who decided what she wold like to keep for herself and then gave Charles many other bits) pieces decided to gift these to his daughter-in-law. Camilla has got many of the pieces from the QM and now its Kate's turn to get some pieces. I'd imagine some will be left for Harry's future wife as well

Great to see some more of these jewels being brought out. And sapphires are beautiful.

Last edited:
I wonder if these were a bequest to Charles who then lent/gave them to Catherine.

As I understood it, the Queen Mothers estate was left in its entirety to HMQ, thus avoiding Death Duties. The Queen then lent the PoW some of the jewels we have seen his wife wear. Whether these earrings were lent/given to the Duchess of Cambridge by him, or by HMQ we will probably never know for certain.

I do like the earrings. They are lovely. They'd be even lovelier if they could be seen! I wish Kate would wear her hair up more at evening events, where jewellery is more important.

Id guess that Charles who got many of the Queen Mum's (via the Queen who decided what she wold like to keep for herself and then gave Charles many other bits) pieces decided to gift these to his daughter-in-law. Camilla has got many of the pieces from the QM and now its Kate's turn to get some pieces. I'd imagine some will be left for Harry's future wife as well

Great to see some more of these jewels being brought out. And sapphires are beautiful.
Exactly! Very nice to see. I hope these are a gift/longtime loan and that we will see them on Catherine alot. They fit her style and of the sapphire is perfect with her ring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom