The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 03:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Well, then it was smart of Camilla and Charles not to repeat Lilian and Leopold's mistake.

Personally, I think the Belgian people just used this as an excuse to complain because they already disliked Lilian.
The DOC did and believe has on a few occasions worn a Prince of Wales brooch that HRH The Princess of Wales wore as a necklace. There was commentary.

Old 12-25-2015, 03:52 PM
Majesty

Beautiful earrings and brooch.

Old 12-25-2015, 04:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
The DOC did and believe has on a few occasions worn a Prince of Wales brooch that HRH The Princess of Wales wore as a necklace. There was commentary.
It has been discussions of the excistance of two such brooches.
Old 12-26-2015, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Let's return to the topic of this thread, which is the jewelry of the Duchess of Cambridge. Further off-topic posts on the Duchess of Cornwall or Diana, Princess of Wales, will be removed.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

I quite like that acorn leaf brooch. It looks pretty old to me, but I don't think that I have seen it on another royal lady before. Given that the Queen has an enormous brooch collection, inluding loads of her late mother's brooches, I find it disappointing that Kate wasn't given one or two. Or maybe she has some and doesn't like to wear them?

Old 12-26-2015, 04:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I quite like that acorn leaf brooch. It looks pretty old to me, but I don't think that I have seen it on another royal lady before. Given that the Queen has an enormous brooch collection, inluding loads of her late mother's brooches, I find it disappointing that Kate wasn't given one or two. Or maybe she has some and doesn't like to wear them?
Maybe she has, or they ended up with Camilla since she seem to be more of a brooch wearer and Kate gets earrings instead :)

I have also gotten the feeling the brooch is vintage. Maybe someone picked it up for her in an antique store around the wedding :)
Old 12-26-2015, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Maybe she has, or they ended up with Camilla since she seem to be more of a brooch wearer and Kate gets earrings instead :)

I have also gotten the feeling the brooch is vintage. Maybe someone picked it up for her in an antique store around the wedding :)
Since the acorn theme corresponds with the Middleton coat of arms and her wedding earrings, it would make sense to buy this acorn brooch for her.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:40 AM
Majesty

Royal Jewels of 2015: Kate's Top Ten | The Court Jeweller

A stunning collection of jewels. I love all the jewels here. My favorite is definitely the pearl tiara.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Agree beautiful collection. I love the earrings and because i'm fan of small pieces i like very much the Diamond Cushion Drop.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Yep...favorites for me are the Queen Mary Tiara and the Queen Mother's Sapphire earring set.

LaRae
Old 12-29-2015, 07:50 AM
Royal Highness

It was a really good year jewellry wise for her! :) I like it :)
Old 12-29-2015, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Finally a State Banquet, wearing those two gorgeous bracelets, the Queen Mother's sapphire earings and last not least Queen Mary's lovers knot tiara, just to name a few. Yes, it was a great jewels year for her, and I hope that we will see the like of it next year as well.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Finally a State Banquet, wearing those two gorgeous bracelets, the Queen Mother's sapphire earings and last not least Queen Mary's lovers knot tiara, just to name a few. Yes, it was a great jewels year for her, and I hope that we will see the like of it next year as well.
Exactly. Add to that the emerald earrings and bracelet she wore in New York late last year and she is really upping her jewellry game!!
Old 12-29-2015, 08:08 AM
Serene Highness

Hopefully this past, 'sparkling' year puts paid to the idea that the Duchess is reluctant to wear the bejewelled heritage that comes with her role as a senior member of the BRF.

Onwards and upwards in 2016, Ma'am...
Old 12-29-2015, 10:16 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
She may be minimalistic when it comes to everyday jewelry wear but when she has the occasion to sparkle, she does it with exquisite taste. She just seems to have the knack of being able to carry off quite a few pieces and they look like they accentuate the ensemble perfectly rather than like some I've seen, where the jewelry looks so far out of place it appears gaudy.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-29-2015, 10:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Hopefully this past, 'sparkling' year puts paid to the idea that the Duchess is reluctant to wear the bejewelled heritage that comes with her role as a senior member of the BRF.

Onwards and upwards in 2016, Ma'am...
d

Well said
Old 12-29-2015, 10:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

I thought it was very nice, generous and touching for The Queen to lend her some jewels that she haven't let anyone else borrow before. I think she started with the Nizam of Hyderabad diamond necklace, and she has continued doing so.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-29-2015, 11:21 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I agree Dman. The most touching example though, for me, had to be The Queen lending Kate her wedding bracelet designed for her by Philip and made out of jewels from his mother I believe. That wasn't a loan from the royal vaults but a very personal loan I think.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-29-2015, 11:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I thought it was very nice, generous and touching for The Queen to lend her some jewels that she haven't let anyone else borrow before. I think she started with the Nizam of Hyderabad diamond necklace, and she has continued doing so.
To me, the first noteable piece of jewellery from the Queen's collection that Catherine has worn was the long diamond earrings first worn in California, and then again at the Diplomatic Banquets and the state banquet. HM herself had used the earrings in the 1950s, but not since.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I agree Dman. The most touching example though, for me, had to be The Queen lending Kate her wedding bracelet designed for her by Philip and made out of jewels from his mother I believe. That wasn't a loan from the royal vaults but a very personal loan I think.
I agree. Especially since she still wears it from time to time. That was humongous!

Closed Thread