Crown Princess Victoria Jewellery 2: June 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why she has to wear this awful Connaught Tiara. No one should wear this as a tiara, but as a necklace. There is no dignity and royal touch in this tiara at all. Victoria is a very strong and regal woman, and a girly tiara like this doesn't suit her at all. She needs a simple and regal tiara like the Baden Fringe or Big Cut Steel. Oh, if she just would have worn the Baden Fringe tiara tonight, she would have looked perfect.
But luckily the amethysts are gorgeous and she has the bracelet Lilian loved.
The brooch at her hair:
http://imageupper.com/s07/1/4/A14497774991855788_9.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s07/1/4/A14497774991855788_1.jpg

Why she has to wear this awful Connaught Tiara. No one should wear this as a tiara, but as a necklace. There is no dignity and royal touch in this tiara at all. Victoria is a very strong and regal woman, and a girly tiara like this doesn't suit her at all. She needs a simple and regal tiara like the Baden Fringe or Big Cut Steel. Oh, if she just would have worn the Baden Fringe tiara tonight, she would have looked perfect.
But luckily the amethysts are gorgeous and she has the bracelet Lilian loved.
The brooch at her hair:
http://imageupper.com/s07/1/4/A14497774991855788_9.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s07/1/4/A14497774991855788_1.jpg

Thank you for the pictures! Are there two brooches in the amethyst parure?

I think the Connaught forget me not tiara can look lovely on someone with more delicate features, but I agree with you that it is too girly for Victoria. I also agree that she looks best in the cut steel or the Baden fringe(if the hair is done well).

Hmm, I personally loathe the Connaught. It is fussy and prissy and altogether too "Disney" for my taste. I do not believe that even Silvia can wear it to best effect these days. But on Victoria it just looks OTT.

Having gone with the fabulous amethysts, I wonder she didn't 'go all the way' and wear the tiara as well. It would have looked amazing, or she could have gone Baden Fringe and diamonds. But this particular pairing just doesn't fit. The amethysts are gorgeously geometric and the Connaught all froth and thus, in my eyes, are a total mismatch.

For me, I would put it down as a rare miss for Victoria.

Perhaps she thought with all the jewels and her dress in purple, having the matching tiara would be over the top. Who knows.

Jewels perfect on everyone this year....and amethyst is not my favorite but Victoria really shines!!

Victoria had 6 tiara appearances this year:

1 2 3 4 5 6

It's great to see her in the Connaught tiara for the first time. I hope it will be one of her most frequently worn tiaras.

I think Victorias hair and the placing of the diadem was wonderful. Her entire outfit looked really good. It is interesting how much better this tiara frames her face than the Connaught yesterday.

Does anyone know which earrings she wore?

I think Victorias hair and the placing of the diadem was wonderful. Her entire outfit looked really good. It is interesting how much better this tiara frames her face than the Connaught yesterday.

Does anyone know which earrings she wore?

Yes, I agree and hope that we will never see the Connaught Tiara on Victoria again.
I think she had the earrings from the Brazilian Parure.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

IMO she looks beautiful in the Connaught, especially when worn at cp wedding

I think Victorias hair and the placing of the diadem was wonderful. Her entire outfit looked really good. It is interesting how much better this tiara frames her face than the Connaught yesterday...
Yes, I agree and hope that we will never see the Connaught Tiara on Victoria again...

I have to agree. I really believe the Connaught does her no favours and somehow "squared off" her face while having an almost wide, stubby look to the tiara.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2015/news/151221/princess-victoria-a-435.jpg

I think the reason I loathe it on Victoria is because it is fussy and none of the others she has worn are. Victoria doesn't come across as a fairytale or overtly "princessy" person. She rarely sports frills and furbelows, ruffles and ribbons, and prissy little bows, rather styling her eveningwear as fits her personality.

Let's face it, anyone that can make the Cameo look regal is sure to make the Connaught look less than imposing, if not actually tinselly.

I think Victorias hair and the placing of the diadem was wonderful. Her entire outfit looked really good. It is interesting how much better this tiara frames her face than the Connaught yesterday...
Yes, I agree and hope that we will never see the Connaught Tiara on Victoria again...

I have to agree. I really believe the Connaught does her no favours and somehow "squared off" her face while having an almost wide, stubby look to the tiara.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2015/news/151221/princess-victoria-a-435.jpg

I love the brooch in her hair! I have to see a better view of the necklace and earrings...

The brooch is her hair is soooooo beautiful!!! and her hairstyle too.

I love the diamond broach in her hair and I love the hair style. The looser updo is formal but softens her face a lot. She looks radiant.

Is that the Bernadotte rose brooch she is wearing in her hair? The details are difficult to see, but somehow it looks like a different brooch.

My first thoughts it not any of the rose/flower brosches

And it looks more like crystals then diamonds

It's not easy to tell diamonds from cystals on photos. So much depends on the lighting. But since you confirm my thoughts that it is not the brooch from the Bernadotte collections, I think is maybe crystals. Anyway, it looks good on Victoria. I love how the Swedish royal ladies wear sparkling hair ornaments and brooches in the hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom