The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Aristocracy

I read the speech but I did not quite follow the relationship between King Constantine and the current economic crisis which is due to a multitude of factors including the oil crisis, the subprime loans, the enormous American debt and the unsurmountable deficit. Can you?

Old 04-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Serene Highness

TWO NEWS!!

IT IS 18 APRIL 2008
tHE kING cONSTANTINE AND QUEEN ANN-MARIA celebrated a memorial to King Pavlo and Federica in Tatoi.

-

The King Konstantine, inaugurated the installations of Naval Group in Mesologgiou
As Honorary Chairman of International Sailing Federation and as Golden Olympic champion in the same sport, the king Konstantinos wished ` the historical city of Mesologgiuo constituted inspiration for the new and amounting athletes"
it is four news "23 april 2008"

Messolonghi News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe Egalite' View Post
I read the speech but I did not quite follow the relationship between King Constantine and the current economic crisis which is due to a multitude of factors including the oil crisis, the subprime loans, the enormous American debt and the unsurmountable deficit. Can you?
I think that it is responding to a previous colloquium. The document is the answer to a series of questions from the colloquium . The document is a opinion of one of the participants (King Constatine)

Old 04-30-2008, 08:36 AM

Does anyone know where the former King Constantine and Queen Anna Maria celebrated Greek Easter?
Old 05-01-2008, 02:25 AM
Gentry

Hello
The King and Queen had Easter at Porto Heli and returned to London yesterday.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Serene Highness

The King Constantine and the Queen Ann Marie will be in the ceremony of graduated of prince Fillipos in Georgetown. they will be the saturday but in the calendar of university has acts for tomorrow, friday. The King has been in China with international Olympic Committee

Georgetown College 209th Commencement Exercises
Old 07-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Serene Highness

it says that kING Constantino and QUEEN Ann Maria went to a celebration of old students of the EUELPIDUM school.
It was a meeting of old students, they were the graduated in 1958
Constatino was one of the students graduated in 1958
The news is of day 25 of June.
It says that Constatino and Ann Maria arrived at the celebration to the 21:30.
the news says that the Kings of Greece and Queen Ann Marie were of vacations in Porto Heli. They interrupted their vacations to go to the celebration.

El blog de theroyalfamilyofgreek
Old 07-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Serene Highness

New news! !!!
It said that Constantine, Ana Maria and Teodora, they attended to representation of theatre in the theatre of Epidauros.
It speaks about Teodora.It says that she has studied interpretation at Boston University.
They are holidays in Porto Heli

The image is not good. The photo Ana Maria is very similar to her sister Queen Margaret.
Porto Heli and theatre of Epidauros are near.
Teodora had skin red from sun
Old 08-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
I was surprised about the total lack of information about Pavlos,the new born baby,Alexia,Philippos or Theodora.Where are these people?
I wish you enjoy the Olympics,fili mou!
Theodora and Philippos are in Beijing with their parents, at least one photo agency has a photo of the 4 of them together posing for the camera.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh I did not see any of the photos of the four of them! That is exciting. Theodora is staying close to her parents instead of socializing with other young people. She seems like a very conservative lady, besides being beautiful.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Serene Highness

THE PICTURES ARE VERY GOOD

Old 08-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
THE PICTURES ARE VERY GOOD

Thank you very much. They look progressively more serious. I suppose the more points Spain scored the sadder my King and Queen were getting.....
Old 08-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Serene Highness

I am not Spanish but I do not like as plays greece it was horrible.
I have read of you, that the woman sitting next to Ana Maria was DORA BAKOYANNIS, I have doubts ABOUT her, I think she is not Dora, a lot has changed her, I think that is Giana Angelopoulosit ,THE Queen Ana Maria had to pass very badly next to her. It had to be horrible, I think that Constantine took him to change the site to Ana Maria.
I wonder:
whAt do they spoke it?
....The queen Ana Maria was able to tell her. " I remember the feast of Athens .... did the firefighters turned off the fire that caused games artificial your feast?

IBL Bildbyr | 0435 44 07 65
Old 08-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I looked at the photo again. She is Dora Bakoyiannis. Gianna has the same colours but her face is slimmer.
You remember that party in Athens with the fireworks that burnt the side of the park?? Gianna Angelopoulou had to pay a handsome fine!
I believe the Queen would keep a conversation with either of them. Bakoyiannis is of the right wing party, minister of foreign affaires now and they are friendlier to the King and Queen than the PASOK people.
I did not see the game between Spain and Greece since the station was showing USA vs China........
Old 08-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Royal Highness

I can assure you that she's Dora Bakogianni.She lost a lot of weight recently,so her face looks different now.Gianna is shorter and slimmer.
I thought the same about the relationship between Dora and the ex-kings,because Dora's father,Konstantinos Mitsotakis,always supported the GRF.Am I wrong?
Old 08-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette
She is Dora Bakoyiannis...Gianna is slimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi
I can assure you that she's Dora Bakogianni... Gianna is slimmer
Aren't you both agreeing she's the same person, albeit with slightly different spelling?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Aren't you both agreeing she's the same person, albeit with slightly different spelling?
Warren - I love your sense of diplomacy
Old 08-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Aristocracy

Gold medal

I read somewhere that king Constantine won an olympic gold medal, I suppose on sailing, since he has functions in that international federation. And his sister Queen Sofa from Spain participated, too, in some competition.
I think they are great grand-children to Wilhelm II, last emperor of Germany, and descendants, then, from Empress Vicky and Queen Victoria.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Royal Highness

I'm sorry,Warren.I've seen 3 different types of the name Yiannis:Giannis,Yannis and Yiannis as before.I'm not sure which one is the correct one.The same happens with the female Gianna,Yianna or Yanna.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan_berry View Post
I read somewhere that king Constantine won an olympic gold medal, I suppose on sailing, since he has functions in that international federation. And his sister Queen Sofa from Spain participated, too, in some competition.
I think they are great grand-children to Wilhelm II, last emperor of Germany, and descendants, then, from Empress Vicky and Queen Victoria.

The then Diadoch Constantine of Greece received the gold medal in Rome in a sailing event.
You are correct. Kaiser WIlliam's sister Princess Sofia married King Constantine and had 6 children. Their fourth child/third son was King Paul who was the father of King Constantine Queen Sofia and Princess Irini.
I never heard that Queen Sofia ever competed in any athletic events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
ROTFL
I did not even realise we had any differences. Actually re reading these posts, looks to me that both Iyakinthi and I were trying to convince Beltr
that the lady was not Yianna, Gianna or Yanna......... She was Dora (Thank God we cannot spell that name 3 different ways.........)
Old 08-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Royal Highness

Thumbs up

And of course,we both know how to write these names in Greek,so no problem.
Let's move on:Q Sofia and Pr.Irini were always interested in Archaeology and Philosophy.If Q Sofia had reached such a high level in any sport,we would have known it.Therefore,I believe that this isn't true at all.

Closed Thread