King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie current events 3: Nov 2006 - Oct 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ARCHBISHOP IS IN HOSPITAL FOR TWO WEEKS AND THE GREEK POLITICIAMS HAVEN´T BEEN GOING TO SEE HIM BUT cONSTANTINOS WAS IN THE HOSPITAL TUESDAY, THE PRESIDEN´T WAS YESTARDAY.CONSTANTINO WAS INVITED FIRST BY ARZOBISHOP AND LATER GREEK POLITICIANS.
THE ARZOBISHOP APPRECIATES MUCH TO CONSTANTINO, IT IS EVIDENT.
THE GREEK NEWSPAPER DON´T SPEAK ABOUT IT.WHY?
BECAUSE IT PROVES THAT THE KING IS APPRECIATED BY ORTODOX CHURCH.

ekathimerini.com | Archbishop test results awaited

Last edited:
Where is King Constantine?

Does anyone know if anything is wrong with King Constantine? He didn't attend the christening in Denmark on Sunday nor did he attend any of the festivities for Queen Sonja. He usually accompanies his wife to all such events.

I saw a pic of him together with Princess Anne in Guatemala attending the Olympic decision for the winter-games in Sotchi. Konstantin is still member of some Olympic committee.

The Hellenic Constitution does not recognize or provide for titles of nobility or royalty (ever former) or citizens with titles (former or present). The whole issue about the king's last name was created out of obstinacy on both sides. The king was insincere when he declared that he had NO last name for he does have one - Glucksburg-Beck, or he could have created one. On the other hand, the Greek government could have allowed him to create the last name From Greece (but not Of Greece). It is true, nonetheless, that strictly speaking former king of Greece, as a last name, is not compatible with the Constitution.

The former king's visits do NOT have or need to be recognized by anyone. He is a European citizen and can walk in and out as he pleases. It is true, however, that for 3-4 years now, his visits go totally unnoticed. When in Greece, he visits often the bar of Grande Bretagne where he engages in conversation with bystanders.

In Greece we do NOT have a national holiday celebrating the restoration of democracy. The TWO national holidays in Greece are, March 25, to celebrate the Declaration of the War of Independence against the Turks (1821) and October 28th to celebrate the OCHI (ie NO) against Mussolini's fascism demanding Greece to surrender to Italy (1940). The latter seems a bit odd and passe' at this day and juncture, but we still do.

In general, the former royal family is not well thought after in Greece. They used to be worshipped by the elite and the peasants, never by the middle class for the latter had always been on the Venizelist (republican) side. Now, it is the peasants who dislike them the most, because the lower class and the peasants of Papandreou have literally robbed the country of its wealth and have become quite affluent.

It is true that the Grande Bretagne is a historic place and was the grandest hotel in Greece. However, following its restoration prior to the Olympics, it has become another "glitzy" and trashy place, I mean completely trashy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a pic of him together with Princess Anne in Guatemala attending the Olympic decision for the winter-games in Sotchi. Konstantin is still member of some Olympic committee.

HM is an Honorary Member of the International Olympic Committee.
:)

ARCHBISHOP IS IN HOSPITAL FOR TWO WEEKS AND THE GREEK POLITICIAMS HAVEN´T BEEN GOING TO SEE HIM BUT cONSTANTINOS WAS IN THE HOSPITAL TUESDAY, THE PRESIDEN´T WAS YESTARDAY.CONSTANTINO WAS INVITED FIRST BY ARZOBISHOP AND LATER GREEK POLITICIANS.
THE ARZOBISHOP APPRECIATES MUCH TO CONSTANTINO, IT IS EVIDENT.
THE GREEK NEWSPAPER DON´T SPEAK ABOUT IT.WHY?
BECAUSE IT PROVES THAT THE KING IS APPRECIATED BY ORTODOX CHURCH.

ekathimerini.com | Archbishop test results awaited

It is not appropriate to misquote Kathimerini, a most prestigious and objective Athenian daily.

Contrary to your statement, all Greek politicians, including doctrinaire Communist MP Liana Kanelli, rushed to visit Archbishop Christodoulos for publicity and/or populistic reasons.

Since Byzantine times, there had been a very strong bond (hand and glove-type) between Emperors and the Church, in abidance by the age-old Greek motto Η ισχύς εν τη ενώσει (strength in unity) for, by supporting each other's position, they had managed to perpetuate despotism and autocracy. And it was the resultant corruption, incompetence and betrayal that, at least, contributed to the demise and Fall of the Empire and Constantinople. Alas, history always repeats itself. Ieronymos Kotsonis, the royal chapel's priest and confidant of the royal family, became the Junta's archbishop!!!

Paradoxically, however, the organized religion, the Church that is, continues to exert some appeal to the populus.

Last edited:
This Greek goverment really seems terribly petty and childish.

Unfortunately, this is true. Populism has become a global epidemic, if not a pandemic, and all politicians, targeting re-election, are plus royalistes que le roi - a l' envers in this instance, to enhance their appeal to the masses which, for the most part are not very fond of the former King of Greece.

I don't understand why they want to behave in this manner to a man who wanted to dedicate his life to Greece.......

No one could dispute that the former king wanted to dedicate his life to Greece. The question was, however, whether Greece could get a benefit out of it, to which 70% of her people opined negatively. At this juncture, former King Constantine, whose sincerety cannot be questioned, is not prohibited to dedicate his life to Greece in a private fashion or, after becoming a Greek citizen, in the political arena by running for political office - as former King Symeon of Bulgaria did successfully.

........but who was driven from his country without any reason (IMHO).

In his separate interviews to journalists Messrs. Kouloglou and Papahelas (both published also in the official site of the former Royal Family of Greece), former King Constantine acknowledges that the historic letters to premier George Papandreou were a wrong move and that the latter prime minister had warned him that a conflict between the Democratic Party and the Monarch could be catastrophic. The King's move prompted the resignation of George Papandreou, the constitutional anomaly of July 1965, known as Iouliana, and created the substrate for a two-year instability that eventually led to the coup d' etat.
Second, the former King of Greece chose to proceed with the swearing in of a handful of peasant, ignorant colonels as his government. In retrospect, it is widely recognized that he exercised poor judgement for, had he declined to do so, these vigilantes would have been arrested pronto and a seven-year catastrophic dictatorship would have been aborted.
Third, in December 1967, by which time the dictators had established and secured themselves, former King Constantine, misjudging the degree of his personal appeal to the Armed Forces, planned a counter-coup which became a fiasco.
To conclude, former King Constantine took three exams within three years and failed them all.

These people should be ashamed of themselves!

I agree fully with you. However, with the luminous exception of Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and Bill Clinton, the entire Western World has not seen even a barely competent, let alone decent, politician, for at least 10 years now.

Last edited:
Philippe egalite,thank you for correcting me.We dont have a national holiday for restoring democracy,i was referring to a celebration held by the President of Democracy called γιορτη της δημοκρατιας,celebrating democracy, at the presidential palace.

Last edited:
Philippe egalite,thank you for correcting me.We dont have a national holiday for restoring democracy,i was referring to a celebration held by the President of Democracy called γιορτη της δημοκρατιας,celebrating democracy, at the presidential palace.

Erring is human. I deeply appreciate your acknowledgement.

I agree with you.
For the non-Greek readers, this day, July 24, is the anniversary of the fall of the dictatorship (July 24, 1974) and not of the change of polity.
The Monarchy had been abolished one year earlier, on June 1, 1973 by dictator George Papadopoulos (who also conducted a pseudo-plebiscite in July of that year). The legitimate end of the monarchy took place on December 8, 1974, via a referendum conducted by a right-wing government under premier Constantine Karamanlis.
Thus, June 1, 1973 to December 8, 1974 was the duration of the Second Hellenic Republic and, from then on, there is the Third Hellenic Republic.
The First Hellenic Republic lasted from 1924 through 1936.

HM King Constantine and HM Queen Ana-Marie go away of London. They are going away to live to Greece fo permanent way. They have bought a house in Greece.

It is a rumor, but I think that it is true. My friend Christos Z, live in a village news of Athens, he said it to me the last months and now, I read it in the Forum of Royal House of Denmark.

THOUGHT that it was a rumor buT NOW............I THINK IT IS TRUE

TV 2 Kongelig - Anne-Marie tilbage til Grækenland

They were in Didenmarkthe past week. They left Denmark the Day 29 to Greece.

In September, we will know if it is true.

That they have bought a house is old "news". The house is not in a village, but in Athens, in the old district of Plaka under the Acropolis.

Please, Daytona, post more pictures! I´d never expected Alexia to travel to Greece because of being high-pregnant. Is Theodora also there? Is Porto Heli in the area with the danger of forest fires? I can´t find this place in my atlas. Close to which bigger city is Porto Heli?

I forgot to mention that my opinion is that Phillipos doesn´t need crutches but Pavlos.

Our beautifull Greece is in deep mourning.

The state of emergency has been declared in Greece due to the national tragedy caused by the fires at the cost of 46 lives,hundreds of burned homes and thousands fleeing.

I am appalled/distressed/shocked by the size of this tragedy,and my heart goes out to all affected.

I am sure the Anna Maria Foundation will do whatever/wherever to help as much as they possibly can.

although we all mourn, i would like to ask you to post more pictures of them while on vacation... btw, when is Princess Theodora expected to give birth?

Theodora isn´t pregnant but Alexia. She´s due about end of october, beginning of november.

OOOPSSS! i knew it. but it seems i had Theodora in mind when typing and therefore made such a mistake.... :$ anyway, thank you for the reply.

Does anybody of our greek fellow posters know, whether Alexia is accompanied by her husband and all three children? On the posted photos you have seen only her and Arrietta. And I meant to see Carlos sen. on some photos today together with Felipe and Letizia on a ship.

The Family Have Contributed With 200000 Euros To The Disaster, So Far, Bcause The Foundation Have Predicted To Contributed With More Money.
It Is Good. The People Of Peloponeso Need It.
The Government, So Far,have Contributed With 300 Euros By Family And They Have Promised 10000 Eutos By Burned House.
They Have Lost Everythind

THE WEBSITE OFFICIAL OF MAGAZINE "HELLO!"(IN GREECE) HAVE IN MAGAZAINE OF THIS WEEK, THE VISIT OF KING AND PRINCE TO OLIMPIA, IT IS 32 SECTION.

..::: HELLO! :::..
The Greek Royal Family - Home Page

I HAVEN´T IT BUT, PLEASE, COULD SOMEBODY OBTAIN THE MAGAZINE?
I WILL BE THANKFUL BY THAT PICTURES.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

On another board some poster said that the former Greek king and Anne-Marie have found a place in Greece where they want to stay permanentely. This was announced by Queen Anne-Marie in an interview during her stay in Graasten this summer. What else is known about the interview? Does somebody know more? Have they moved to Greece already and sold the house in Hampstead? Will Theodora and Phillipos or some of the other children will move to Greece as well?

THE QUEEN WAS IN DEVASTATED AREA. IT IS IN THE OFFICIAL WEB (GREEK VERSION, IT ISN´T IN ENGLISH VERSION)THEY WAS IN ZAJARU

Ç ÅëëçíéêÞ ÂáóéëéêÞ ÏéêïãÝíåéá - ÊÝíôñï Ôýðïõ

Somehow, the two press communique's (as presented in Greek on the Site of the former royal family) are somewhat confusing as to the support for the affected zones. The communique' issued on August 28, 2007, indicates that the King is donating 200,000 euros to the special account opened to benefit the victims of the fire. On the other hand, the press communique' dated September 18, 2007, regarding the three-year report of the Queen Anne-Marie Foundation indicates that support from the Foundation is usually being given in the form of equipment, not cash. The case might be that the cash donation pledged by the King is independent of the activities of the Foundation.

It Isn´t Confused

it isn´t confused
IN THE FIRST OFFICIAL NOTICE, IT SAYS:

THE kING CONTRIBUTED WITH 2000000EUROS TO A BANKING ACCOUNT OPEN BY GOVERNMENT OF GREECE SO THAT THE PRIVATE PEOPLE COULD CONTRIBUTE WITH MONEY TO HELP VICTIMS

IN THE SECOND OFFICIAL NOTICE , IT IS A MESSAGE OF THE KING.HE SPEAK IN FIRST PERSON
HE SAYS:
HE CONTRIBUTE 2000000....AND HE ADDS:
THE ANA MARIA FOUNDATION COLLABORATION WITH ORGANIZATIONS OF FIRE EXTINGUISHING AND RESCUE OF PEOPLE
The Greek Royal Family - News & Media

IN THE THIRD OFFICIAL NOTICE, IT IS OF FOUNDATION(IT IS NOT OF THE KING)
IT SPEAK ABOUT THE COLLABORATION OF FOUNDATION WITH ORGANIZATION OF FIRES EXTINGUISHING...

I EXPLAIN IT
EVER FOUNDATIONS ARE LEGAL ORGANIZATIONS.THE LAWS SAY THAT FOUNDATIONS ONLY CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE GROUPS OF PERSONS
EXAMPLE:

I CAN CONTRIBUTE WITH 200000 EUROS TO HELP TO STEFANOS BUT THE FOUNDATION ONLY CONTRIBUTE TO GROUPS PERSONS, ORGANIZATIONS, VILLAGES .......IT CAN NOT CONTRIBUTE TO STEFENOS. IT CAN CONTRIBUTE TO A VILLAGE, A ORGANIZATION....POLICE
THE THIRD MESSAGER SPEAKS OF THE ANA MARY FOUNDATION WORK TO DISTRIBUTE THE HELP
THE FOUNDATIONS HELPS TO FIREMEN AND ORGANIZATIONS OF RESCUE
IN THE FIRST IT SPEAK ABOUT THE CONTRIBUTE OF CONSTANTINE TO VICTIMS, AND IN SECOND SPEAK ABOUT FOUNDATION.
cONSTATINO CAN CONTRIBUTE TO PERSONS BUT THE FOUNDATION CAN NOT CONTRIBUTE TO PERSONS IT CAN TO ORGANIZATIOS OR GROUPS OF PERSONS AS VILLAGES, FIREMEN...IT IS THE LAW.
IN THE FOUNDATIONS TO CONTRIBUTE IT MUST FOLLOW A PROCESS
THE GROUPS THAT ASK FOR IT HAVE TO PRESENT A PROJECT ........
IT IS THE FOUNDATIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom