The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-15-2005, 04:18 AM
Majesty

here are a few news tibits of old queens of sweden

http://www.time.com/time/searchresul...-1&this_page=1

Old 06-15-2006, 12:39 AM

Is there anyway of confirming a rumour, that King Karl XV had a love child out side the royal family, and if so can the bloodline in such a child share the name Bernadotte?

Old 06-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
thank you for the great work you have done

Is there anyone who can identify these royals
Don't you know, or are you testing us?
Picture 1: King Gustav V and Queen Victoria.
Picture 2: The royal house outside the castle, maybe? I guess the king and queen (Gustav V and Victoria) are the ones on the balcony.
Picture 3: Not sure, sorry.
Picture 4: Princess Sibylla, née of Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha, mother of our current king Carl XVI Gustaf.
Picture 5: The royal house in maybe 1907 or 1908, something like that. King Oscar II and Queen Sophia (née of Nassau) are sitting down in the chairs. Their son crown prince Gustav (later king Gustav V) and his wife crown princess Victoria (later queen Victoria, née of Baden) stands behind them. On the left of the crown princely couple, we have prince Gustav's and Victoria's son Gustav Adolf (later king Gustav VI Adolf) and his wife Margareth of Connaught. On the right of the crown princely couple, we have crown prince Gustav's brother prince Carl and his wife Ingeborg of Denmark. Their children would be Margareta (later princess Axel of Denmark), Märta (later crown princess of Norway) and Astrid (later queen of the Belgians). I think I see Gustav's and Carl's youngest brother Prince Eugene on their right, and on his right... Can that really be Prince Oscar and his wife Ebba Munck af Fulkila? The woman in the left corner can be Princess Teresia, the widow of Oscar II:s brother August, and the two princes next to her might be Wilhelm and Eric, Gustav V's sons and Gustav VI Adolf's brothers.
Picture 6: Queen Victoria, née of Baden.
Picture 7: Crown princess Margareta, née of Connaught.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse S.B. Cohen
Is there anyway of confirming a rumour, that King Karl XV had a love child out side the royal family, and if so can the bloodline in such a child share the name Bernadotte?
Carl XV was often unfaithful to his wife Louise of the Netherlands, but no children have been officially acknowledged as being his. Or could it be? He might have had a daughter with a mistress, now when I think about it. Oscar I, Carl's father, had two officially acknowledged sons with actress Emily Högquist though. However, these boys had their mother's last name, Högquist. They never adopted the name Bernadotte.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furienna
Carl XV was often unfaithful to his wife Louise of the Netherlands, but no children have been officially acknowledged as being his. Or could it be? He might have had a daughter with a mistress, now when I think about it. Oscar I, Carl's father, had two officially acknowledged sons with actress Emily Högquist though. However, these boys had their mother's last name, Högquist. They never adopted the name Bernadotte.
I have the name of a man who was given the title Carlson, born May 22nd 1853, Castera Sweden, first name Johan. It was brought to me that Johan was a love child of the Duke of Scania. Who the mother was is unkown to me. I am curious to find of what women would have been present at the royal court at that time, and if there is any way to confirm his birth?
Old 07-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Serene Highness

Who was the duke of Scania? Was that Charles XV? I know his grand-nephew Gustav VI Adolf was the duke of Scania, but that was after he was dead... But there is a Ellen Maria Svensson, who could be the illegitimate daughter of Charles XV.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:32 AM

I speak of Charles XV, created Duke of Scania at birth.

Who is Ellen Maria Svensson? Who was her mother? Did she have a brother or a husband?

I am still curious about Johan Carlson.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Serene Highness

I did some research, and yes, Charles XV was the duke of Scania. Ellen Maria Svensson's mother was Hanna Styrell. Hanna Styrell was one of king Charles XV's many mistresses, but even though it's possible, that Ellen Maria was his daughter, she was never officially acknowledged so. I have never heard about Johan Carlson before, but of course, he might be an illegitimate son of Charles XV.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:33 PM

http://nobelprize.org/award_ceremoni...awd_sto-hi.ram

Not a current event but a charming video all the same from 1953 in which Lady Clementine Churchill accepts a Nobel Prize for her husband. Featured in the video are King Gustaf Adolf, Queen Louise, Princess Marina, Queen Juliana and many more.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks Beatrixfan, that is a very interesting video indeed! Quite surprising that Juliana was there. Is it common for other heads of state to attend the ceremonies every now and then? I wasn't able to discover her on the film though, so I am wondering if you are confusing her 2nd cousin Crownprincess Sybilla of Sweden, nee Dss of Saxe-Coburg with the Dutch Queen. I believe the lady next to Sybilla is Princess Ingeborg, grandmother of the Belgian and Norwegian Kings.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:49 PM

I may be mistaken but it certainly looked like Juliana - did she bear a resemblance to Sybilla at all? I noticed Marina there, I think she was there because it was for Winston but there's no reason why Juliana should be there so I'm happy to accept that it wasn't. I think it was the specs that made me think it was QJ.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:37 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

As I can't see Marina either, I assume that I missed the part that yuou are referring to. Do you know around what time Juliana and her cousin are shown?
Lady Clementine made a lovely curtsey btw :)
Old 06-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Quite surprising that Juliana was there. Is it common for other heads of state to attend the ceremonies every now and then?
It's not unusual that royals from the country of a Nobel prize laureate is invited to the cermony, and as there was a Dutch laureate in 1953 (Frits Zernike in physics) it's not that surprising that Juliana was there, the same way as princess Martina was there because of the British Nobel laureate.