The Pope?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeatrixFan

Majesty , Royal Blogger, TRF Author
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
This is just a question - it may have been asked before. But the Pope is Sovereign of the Vatican City. Why doesn't the 'Papal Monarchy' have it's own forum? Maybe a little one with the Liechtenstein etc would be good to share recent pics, look at the history of the monarchy aspect - no theological discussion etc. It'd just be nice I think.

I agree with you, BeatrixFan. It's a good idea, imo. The Pope is "elected", it's not a hereditary role, but it's still is a lifelong Sovereign. It would be nice to post and read news of the Pope.

I'll start a thread in the moderator area and see what people think.

Yay! Thanks Elspeth

Elspeth said:
I'll start a thread in the moderator area and see what people think.

Thank you Elspeth! :)

The consensus is that the Vatican doesn't warrant its own subforum in Other Reigning Houses because it's rather small, doesn't have much in the way of family interest and weddings and so on, and is likely to be something of a religious flashpoint even if some of the participants try and stay away from religion and politics.

The suggestion was made that it's a perfectly legitimate subject for a thread in Other Reigning Houses if you want to start one and explain why you're doing so. One of the moderators or admins can come along and give a general reminder about the "no politics or religion" rule, and then you can see if it generates interest.

Back
Top Bottom