General questions and Forum issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can understand the report post button in the top right of the posting box thing, but if a conversation is occuring perhaps in the wrong place, sometimes I click the report button and write a little note to whomever reads them about why i'm doing it, should I instead do something else maybe or what?

:previous:

The report button is actually meant for those posts/comments you find to be "offensive, objectionable or illegal".
If you feel that certain discussions are getting off topic or if you think a member has placed a question or a
topic at the wrong thread then you should rather contact the responsible moderators of the subforum via private
message.

I seem to be unable to go to the The Imperial Family of Japan Forum. :sad: When I try my provider says they cannot find it and offers other links to go to. I CAN go to "Reigning Houses" and then go to some of the Japanese Subforums ( Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako and Family for example) but I cannot reach all Japanese subforums from there.

I have no problem at all to go to the BRF or the Spanish or Monaco etc. I have not tried all royal families but I get the impression that the Japanese forum may the only one I am having problems with. This situation has been like that for several days and it does not seem to change. Am I the only one having this problem? Any suggestions? :question:

I seem to be unable to go to the The Imperial Family of Japan Forum. :sad: When I try my provider says they cannot find it and offers other links to go to. I CAN go to "Reigning Houses" and then go to some of the Japanese Subforums ( Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako and Family for example) but I cannot reach all Japanese subforums from there.

I have no problem at all to go to the BRF or the Spanish or Monaco etc. I have not tried all royal families but I get the impression that the Japanese forum may the only one I am having problems with. This situation has been like that for several days and it does not seem to change. Am I the only one having this problem? Any suggestions? :question:

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. You might try contacting your provider about this. It sounds like they need to do a DNS update. Before you do this however, try logging out, clearing your recent browsing history and resetting your internet connection as I'm certain they will ask you to do the same. :flowers:

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. You might try contacting your provider about this. It sounds like they need to do a DNS update. Before you do this however, try logging out, clearing your recent browsing history and resetting your internet connection as I'm certain they will ask you to do the same. :flowers:

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I have cleared my browser history – which, to be honest, I hated to do as I so often use it...:whistling: But it has been worth the trouble: Now everything is working just fine. :clap:Thank you very much for your help! :) :flowers:
[/FONT]

Log- off time wrong!

Hi!
In the corner of my screen it says that my last time visited, or my last log off time is today at 12: 58 PM my time( PST)
I know this cannot be correct.
I put my computer to sleep on this forum's homepage so I could watch an hour of TV at 12 PM PST. At the time I was still logged in and did not log myself out using the log out button..
I came back at 1:00 PM PST, and it said I had logged out at 12:58 PM PST, but I did not have to log back in like I normally do, when the forum logs me out. Everything is working just fine on the forum.
I do know my Internet connection is very slow today. Could that be causing it?
I just wanted you to know- it seemed odd to me- and I do not want to be accused of doing something wrong!
RR

Last edited:
Recently, i've been getting four or five empty PM's from people i'm talking to just containing the message I sent them. I think they're experiencing the same difficulties. Is anything happening?

Don't clear your history - empty your browser cache (especially if it's Safari). That's what holds banners and pictures (and ads) in readiness for your next visit and when it's full, it takes forever to load a previously loaded page. I don't know how to do it in IE any more, but Firefox and Safari have an option in their settings somewhere, I believe.

How many profile comments are we allowed to keep on our profile page, at a time?I am in the middle of a really good chat with a member right now, but it is long, and I don't want to delete any comments right now, but I want there to be room for her to post new comments!Hope that makes sense!RR

Could it be that written answers already posted at the threads just disappear?
Yesterday I wrote something in General news about PA and PC of Monaco and I saw it there. I logged out, logged in.... everything ok.
Today I logged in and it wasn't there anymore. :eek:

Could it be that written answers already posted at the threads just disappear?
Yesterday I wrote something in General news about PA and PC of Monaco and I saw it there. I logged out, logged in.... everything ok.
Today I logged in and it wasn't there anymore. :eek:

It looks like you posted a message in that particular thread twice yesterday: once in the morning around 6 AM and the last one at 12:03 PM. Neither has been deleted and/or moved to another thread.

Do you recall what the message was about?

I hope I got the right thread but I'm pretty sure it was "General news about ..."
Someone was referring to PC and her outfit and that she looked tired.
And I answered something like it could be because she is suffering of morning sickness. Thought about that?
And I can't find that answer in any of my answers :ermm:

i sometime log in but the forum tel me "we be back shortly" why ? :ermm: i have this yesterday :ermm:

and i all time post but tell me "double posting" why ? :ermm: is something with compter ?

I hope I got the right thread but I'm pretty sure it was "General news about ..."
And I answered something like it could be because she is suffering of morning sickness. Thought about that?

It was possible it's been deleted because you brought up a possible pregnancy. Not sure though.

i sometime log in but the forum tel me "we be back shortly" why ? :ermm: i have this yesterday :ermm:

and i all time post but tell me "double posting" why ? :ermm: is something with compter ?

1; The forum is occasionally down for maintenance - usually if you refresh after a few minutes, you're back on.
2; if you click the submit reply button twice or three times, the computer or system things your posting the same thing over and over again. It happens to me when my computer freezes.

It was possible it's been deleted because you brought up a possible pregnancy. Not sure though.
So this happens automatically? Due to speculations?
Thanks for the info ;)

It's possible - but i've written posts, and then they've been moved to the correct thread and I've thought they've been deleted and a MOD has pointed me in the right direction. It's easy to skip past something. :)

It's been in Princess Charlene's fashion thread, not in the Monaco subforum, that seems to have caused
some confusion about the place of the post and the deletion ;)

And yes, as it contained speculation about a possible pregnancy and was off topic, I had to delete it.

Ok, good to know :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked up the 'Who is the next Princess to get pregnant' thread and got a note -

Lumutqueen, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Confused?

Looked up the 'Who is the next Princess to get pregnant' thread and got a note -

Confused?
I am confused as well,I've received the same message,just looked in order to see the last supposes that came true.

The TRF administrator and moderator team has decided to remove the "Who is the next Princess to get pregnant"-thread
as it basically contained speculation we do not want to encourage in compliance with the TRF rules.

I'm not sure where to put this, but whenever I log into the Duchess of Cornwall Jewelery thread the page header (Banner?) is page wide but once I get to the posts the page is 4 times as wide and I have to use the arrows to navigate.

Is there some way I can realign this thread?

MARG, I've closed part 6 and opened part 7.

Post Count

Hi,

I've noticed that my post count doesn't update sometimes and it shows as having 112 posts when I've posted over 150 times as shown in my account. Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks! :flowers:

If you post in the In The News, Media sections an what not - those posts don't count.

When you post in the "Members Corner" your posts don't get counted or added up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the principle behind this: TRF is a royal-related discussion forum so members who post in the royal-related threads should have that reflected in their post counts. While Members' Corner discussions of films, TV, music, celebrities, news, quizzes and games etc are enjoyable in their own right, they don't reflect royal-related interests. Accordingly, the post count in Members' Corner was discontinued some years ago.

Back
Top Bottom