If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello, I need help.

I see my new avatar custom into User CP but doesn't appear in posts.

Whats the Problem??

I have problems with uploading my own pictures too. The gallery picture of queen Christina will have to do for the time being. Well, it shouldn't be a problem at all, since my name is Christina too!

A lot of people are having problems with uploading custom avatars. It seems to be the fault of the company which provides the software used by this board; it's happening to other vbulletin boards as well. In the meantime, we've tried to provide large galleries for the members to choose from.

I have created an avatar on my own computer.
80X80 pixels and 2,75kb in size.
But it doesnt work. I can't see it with my post. BIG Frustration

Well here at TRF they often add new avatars especially at the ''Princely familly of Monaco''section so i guess we have to choose one those that the forums propose.It is not that bad,but i wish i could create one of my own :)

hi everyone! i'm in the process of creating avatars to use here [even though i'm one of those unable to use custom avatars :D] and to share with you folks (he he :) ). i just have one question: does it matter what your dpi settings are when you make an avatar? i created one, 80x80 pixels with 72 dpi and it seems to be in good quality. i've tried creating some with 150 and 300 dpi. i noticed that there isn't much difference, except for the file size.

i'm still a newbie when it comes to using Photoshop and Corel so i'd like to ask for some tips.

thanks so much! :cool:

How can I get my Avatar to show up?
Thank
Doug

I always made my one avarats... i shose the pic and i rezise her for 80x80 pixels. In the last days i try to make a new avarat but when i made "save Changes" is said that "Upload of file failed". What appen?

As has been repeated numerous times, having custom avatars has been an ongoing issue. Andy is currently on holidays but will review the matter upon his return.

In the meantime, we have more than 1,500 avatars in our galleries. Please pick one from there.

Andy says the custom avatar problem should be fixed. If people are still having problems, please give us feedback here.

I'm still having the good old problem: avatar is showing up in the upload screen but not in my posts or profile...:huh:

*Hits off to get herself an avatar from the galleries*

I'm testing today if my Avatar works... :huh:

10 seconds later...It works!!!! It finally works! :clap: :bounce: :clap:
And I love the new smilies!

Last edited:
Can´t we have "changing" avatars now? Like a GIF image? Mine suddenly disapeared and when I tried to upload it again I got a error message...

Am I doing something wrong :)

I have a question??

how can i put the little picture plis explain me because plis :question:

The custom avatar doesn't appear in my User CP and obviously not in the threads, I followed every instruction and even saved one of Juanita's avatars to use but nope, it doesn't work!:bang::bang:

You need to go to the User CP link at the top. On that page, there will be a list at the left. Click on Edit Avatar and choose an avatar (picture). There are several thousand in the gallery, over 300 Monaco-related alone. Make sure you SAVE your CHANGES at the bottom.This will cause the picture to appear next to your name when you post.

Though this question will undoubtedly be moved to the Forum Support and Feedback forum, perhaps a New to TRF? thread should created and stickied to each house's main forum? Just a thought...

Ann

Edit:fixed link

Last edited:
Don't worry Cris! a lot of people has still the same problem :) Everything we can do is wait for upload of avatars gallery. :lol:

test
love this pic it looks like she has a cowboy hat on

I have a problem,I tried to put an animated GIF avatar,but when I do,it says I may not apload animated one!why?Somebody can help,as I see that many members have an animated one.

Thanks. :)

Hello Tamara! Try search in avatars gallery, they are saved there :) since Alexandria made last upload (RF of Danemark, Dutch royal family...) Hope, I helped. :)

UPDATE

Andy has been working on trying to get custom avatars working more consistently. This is still a work in progress, but it looks as though it's possible to upload them now from your computer, even though uploading via a URL is sometimes a problem.

If anyone has tried and failed to upload a custom avatar from their computer, please let us know.

I can now upload any custom made avatars with no problem.

Only now, I tried to upload a gif and an Invalid message came up saying I could not upload an animated one. Is this part of the update?

Thanks.

I can't upload an animated avatar as well but the fact that i can finally upload my own custom avatars makes me happy! ;-)

It finally works again for me after nearly a year!

Thanks anybody who solved this problem!

I have two questions:
first, when a member chooses an avatar, does that avatar then go off the list of possible choices?
secondly, and maybe this is the wrong thread for this question, but can you have a profile picture that is moving?

LadyK said:
I have two questions:
first, when a member chooses an avatar, does that avatar then go off the list of possible choices?
secondly, and maybe this is the wrong thread for this question, but can you have a profile picture that is moving?
1) No, anybody can use the avatars. Considering the size of the membership vs. the size of the avatar gallery, we would have a serious problem if that was the case.

2) Animated images may not be uploaded by the users, unfortunately.

well, thanks for the info Norwegianne :)

norwegianne said:
1) No, anybody can use the avatars. Considering the size of the membership vs. the size of the avatar gallery, we would have a serious problem if that was the case.

LadyK said:
well, thanks for the info Norwegianne :)

If I'm not mistaken the avatar will disappear from your screen (or the selection that you can choose from), but will reappear when you change avatars. Let's say you want to change to a avatar of Sonja- your current avatar currently being used will reappear in the gallery.

Back
Top Bottom