King Olav "worked" for the OSS

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, that's really interesting! Was this to fight the Axis powers? I know the article mentioned that it is unclear what his role was.

Well, the ABC nyheter article who have seen his file, claims that it is just three pages of insubstantial fluff. (Paraphrased in my words). They do point out though that file and what was made public: the three pages containing the words "Olaf Prince", a recommendation for the Legion of Merit and the claim that US forces in Europe did not know anything about the Crown Prince, have been going through possible censoring before being put into the public. So there could be something else there. (Possible explanation for the Legion of Merit, for example).

Nesten tom CIA-mappe | ABC Nyheter

That does'nt surprise me,Norway played a big part during the war,it takes a long time for official secret acts to be opened,norways resistance also played a big part in destroying the factory that was making heavy water that was needed to make the atomic bomb,there was a good movie made about that called The Heroes of Telemark.

interesting Did any other Royals ever do this?

The only other Royal i can think of was prince philippos of Greece in the greek navy as a Lieutenant, now known as our Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh. Maybe someone with a better knowledge than i can tell us if there were any more Royals who served.

Back
Top Bottom