King Carl XVI Gustaf & Queen Silvia, Picture Thread Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When were the office pictures taken? How can I see the above pictures without logging or register? thanks

Amy said:
Those are beautiful photograhs of the Queen, Ewa Marie Rundqvist is a wonderful photographer.
Yes I agree, and if she has not been airbrushed she has great skin for 60+ year old woman woman

Has anyone seen a better version of, or more like, this photo by Albert Wiking?

ursulajohanna said:
Here a link to Skördefest 2005 (Matfesten?) at castle of Borgholm with nice pictures:

http://www.skordefest.nu/allm/allm_matfesten.html

Was this a private visit of the royal couple and when are they doing it?
no it wasnt a private visit. It was mentioned in the official calender. The Harvest festival at Öland is an annual thing I think, celebrated every year in September.

Yes its very beautiful. Its from the book Drottning Silvia by Christina Magnergård

i triede to find photos of the times she has taken part of the opening of the parlament but had no luch. i would like to see what she wore for each year. has things changed or does she has one kind of uniform for opening of the parlament

Josefine said:
i triede to find photos of the times she has taken part of the opening of the parlament but had no luch. i would like to see what she wore for each year. has things changed or does she has one kind of uniform for opening of the parlament
She always wear black to the opening of the parliament. I have no idea why...

Yennie said:

I would guess she wears black because she doesn´t want to overshadow the members of parliment on "their big day", but that´s just my guess

Yennie said:

but was there not a year she wore light colours can it be 2001

I think these are lovely, pity that they are so small... King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel Ball, November 9th 1981.
WireImage

Queen Silvia at a graduation ceremony in Turku, Finland 15.5.1990, she was given a degree of honorary doctor of the University of Turku.
Photo

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just thinking of seeing all the pictures of the many royal ladies when they were pregnant recently, and then I thought I don't think I have ever seen one of Queen Silvia. Are there any?

The last pictures of you (ladyfinn) don´t show up sadly, am I the only one with that problem?

All of them are working for me, Marengo.

I love the lost shot of the two in Japan. Looks like fun:)

Queen Silvia wipes away her tears seated beside King Carl Gustav during a memorial service for Estonia ferry victims Oct 2 1994
MediumPhoto
King Carl Gustaf with Queen Silvia of Sweden seen at Gala opening of festival of Scandinavia 1992
MediumPhoto

Last edited:
Queen Silvia attends the American Scandinavian Foundationís Spring Dinner Dance held at Cipriani in New York City, 12th May 2006
Grazia Neri/Wenn
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia at the carnivals of Brazil, 5th March 2000
Picture Press
Picture Press

Queen Silvia looks great for a woman in her 60's who has had three childeren whom are all now grown.King Carl XVI Gustaf really enjoys the company of his wife and they make such a delightful couple.

Queen Silvia attends the American Scandinavian Foundationís Spring Dinner Dance held at Cipriani in New York City, 12th May 2006
Grazia Neri/Wenn
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia at the carnivals of Brazil, 5th March 2000
Picture Press
Picture Press

The top of the dress on photo number 1 looks very familiar. I believe it was part of an all white dress but I may be wrong.
BTW I dreamt of Queen Silvia last night (we went shopping together :wub:) She was wearing a white Chanel suit........All her roots were white and she wanted to board a train and go back home......(need to check my book to find out what all that meant):whistling:

Back
Top Bottom